Since the last update the battery on the phone is draining extremely fast. Everytime I look into the key apps which are using it android and android apps come up as the major users. I am on WiFi for 90% of the time. I am unable to find a way to send logs to Bb to find a solution to this either. Please help! This is extremely frustrating to see a in a phone which is barely 6 months old
    02-22-18 09:43 PM
    The last security update?
    Try the usual first:
    Clear the cache and reboot and see if it helps

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-22-18 09:44 PM
    Since the last update the battery on the phone is draining extremely fast. Everytime I look into the key apps which are using it android and android apps come up as the major users. I am on WiFi for 90% of the time. I am unable to find a way to send logs to Bb to find a solution to this either. Please help! This is extremely frustrating to see a in a phone which is barely 6 months old
    Try a hard reboot. Hold the power button down for 32 seconds.
    02-22-18 10:59 PM
    Same thing happened to me.

What helped:
    Delete app cache
    Disable Google Play Services to modify system settings
    02-23-18 01:12 AM
    which app should i delete the cache? would you mind elaborating the steps further? =D
    02-23-18 03:57 AM
    which app should i delete the cache? would you mind elaborating the steps further? =D
    Settings - storage - cache data - press it and clear cache data.
    It's not for any specific app but for the OS

02-23-18 04:22 AM
    Disable Google Play Services:
    Settings - Apps - Google Play Services - Modify System Settings - Disable with the slider
    02-23-18 08:33 AM
    Are there any downsides to doing this? Seems like a weird thing to do.. deny Google Play Services access to modify system settings.
    02-23-18 01:15 PM
    I installed a task killer just to view what's running in the background. Automatic Task Killer to be exact. I didn't use the automated features or anything. I just used it as a convenient way to look at what's in RAM.

Turns out it was draining my battery like 10% per hour.

My GSAM Battery Monitor Pro didn't even show it as the culprit. It only showed "Android Kernel" as the primary battery drain.
    02-24-18 05:18 PM
    I installed a task killer just to view what's running in the background. Automatic Task Killer to be exact. I didn't use the automated features or anything. I just used it as a convenient way to look at what's in RAM.

Turns out it was draining my battery like 10% per hour.

My GSAM Battery Monitor Pro didn't even show it as the culprit. It only showed "Android Kernel" as the primary battery drain.
    You don't need all these battery and task killer aps. And remove any antivirus or cache cleaner apps. All these apps are just crap and bog down your phone.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    02-25-18 11:03 AM
    You don't need all these battery and task killer aps. And remove any antivirus or cache cleaner apps. All these apps are just crap and bog down your phone.
    +1

02-25-18 11:43 AM
    The GSAM Battery Monitor is fine on my phone. It actually helped me locate a rouge app before.
    02-26-18 05:16 PM
    So I also started facing the same issue since last 3 days and did what you had suggested but unfortunately it has not helped... please advise if something else can be done to save this battery drain which has suddenly started happening since this weekend. Thanks.
    02-26-18 10:50 PM
    So I also started facing the same issue since last 3 days and did what you had suggested but unfortunately it has not helped... please advise if something else can be done to save this battery drain which has suddenly started happening since this weekend. Thanks.
    Did you install any new ap over the weekend?

02-26-18 11:14 PM
    Nothing knowingly! Is there a way to check if any new app has got installed? Thanks.
    02-26-18 11:17 PM
    Nothing knowingly! Is there a way to check if any new app has got installed? Thanks.
    Yeah you could to play store and under my apps and games in the updates tab, it will give you the list apps recently updated and when.
    Just btw, it might be a good idea to turn off auto update apps. Over wifi or otherwise.

FF22 likes this.
    02-26-18 11:21 PM
    Right , thanks. Checked, nothing new/weird- all same old apps which has got updated. so wondering..
    02-27-18 08:41 AM
    Yeah you could to play store and under my apps and games in the updates tab, it will give you the list apps recently updated and when.
    Just btw, it might be a good idea to turn off auto update apps. Over wifi or otherwise.

I agree. I would rather be in charge of updates. So I manually check periodically, review the supposed changes and update or not. I also wait for reviews to see if maybe the update broke something or introduced a feature I don't want or need.

I will admit, that I can fall behind and find that Google says that I have 50 updates waiting. But if it "ain't broke, don't fix it!"
    02-27-18 09:50 AM
    I agree. I would rather be in charge of updates. So I manually check periodically, review the supposed changes and update or not. I also wait for reviews to see if maybe the update broke something or introduced a feature I don't want or need.

I will admit, that I can fall behind and find that Google says that I have 50 updates waiting. But if it "ain't broke, don't fix it!"
    Absolutely.
    On Android I feel developers push out updates every other day. It's ridiculous.

FF22 likes this.
    02-27-18 09:58 AM
    Absolutely.
    On Android I feel developers push out updates every other day. It's ridiculous.

While I agree, I was a computer programmer way back....... And then I used dBase to program some stuff for our office. Well, about twice a week I would look at my code and find "this could use a tweak... and then that could use another tweak" and it never ends. There's always something to change to make it better or do more or....

So I understand the Android app programmer, too.
    02-27-18 12:08 PM
    Thanks for all your suggestions; looks like it is some recent update which is causing this massive and sudden drain...i used the phone in safe mode for few hours and battery was back to old/best mode...so its some app which is killing the phone and I am not able to find it
    FF22 likes this.
    02-28-18 10:08 PM
    The +32 hard reboot make you lose anything on the phone? I'm having the same issue that my battery is dieing so fast!
    02-28-18 10:44 PM
    The +32 hard reboot make you lose anything on the phone? I'm having the same issue that my battery is dieing so fast!
    No, you should not lose anything on the phone.
    02-28-18 11:11 PM
    Hi, please advise in case anyone has figured out what app has been killing the battery lately... this sudden development has happened exactly a week ago and continues till date... I have not downloaded any new app in this period; all old which has got updated few times which android has a habit to do! Looking for much needed help here to save my draining battery !! Thanks.
    03-03-18 11:55 AM
    I have not tried the +32 yet, but there is an app that comes on the phone called Power Centre and it gives you a list of things that can cause your battery to drain faster. When I first opened the app I had two things in red, "dim screen" and "Change location mode". I clicked on each one and changed the settings as it suggested to see if it would help. That day my battery did last longer and it seems to be helping. So I think giving this a try is a good start.

Also the day I looked into why my batter was dieing so fast my phone keyboard was using 12% of the battery.. weird...
    03-03-18 12:03 PM
31 12