Any tips or tricks to get more life with my battery? Seems like the system has been draining my battery and I can't figure out why. Didn't touch my phone overnight, and battery just dropped. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain - Overnight-279135.jpg  
    02-12-19 09:24 AM
    I'm guessing you have a reason you can't turn it off while you are asleep for some important reason. Other ways that would be the obvious battery saving measure?
    02-13-19 03:50 AM
    Not sure what happening but yea that's not right. Day unplugged and my system says 7. Maybe try turning off nfc, Bluetooth and WiFi. See if anything wireless is being used extensively. Auto brightness on or manual? Any third party customizing user interface apps for skins or launchers? After that hopefully others chime in also.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain - Overnight-screenshot_20190213-071124.jpg   Battery Drain - Overnight-screenshot_20190213-071147.jpg  
    02-13-19 06:19 AM
    I'm guessing you have a reason you can't turn it off while you are asleep for some important reason. Other ways that would be the obvious battery saving measure?
    I don't ever turn off my phone at night and guessing most don't. I do plug it in when it's low before bed. For me it's only means of contact so need to for significant other, family, friends, emergencies and so on. I definitely could but I'd rather not.
    02-13-19 06:22 AM
    I don't ever turn off my phone at night and guessing most don't. I do plug it in when it's low before bed. For me it's only means of contact so need to for significant other, family, friends, emergencies and so on. I definitely could but I'd rather not.
    You are right the OP's phone isn't behaving, and something is running that's probably not needed. On a separate note it's interesting how different people's circumstances drive different usage patterns. I have some elderly relatives who only turn their phones on when they want to make a call, and some friends who keep a turned off phone somewhere in case of an emergency. I certainly don't usually leave mine "on" all night but I do have other ways of being contacted (also I don't charge it at night). I guess all these people think their usage is normal, it's very interesting to see the variety :-)
    ryankul likes this.
    02-13-19 06:43 AM
    You are right the OP's phone isn't behaving, and something is running that's probably not needed. On a separate note it's interesting how different people's circumstances drive different usage patterns. I have some elderly relatives who only turn their phones on when they want to make a call, and some friends who keep a turned off phone somewhere in case of an emergency. I certainly don't usually leave mine "on" all night but I do have other ways of being contacted (also I don't charge it at night). I guess all these people think their usage is normal, it's very interesting to see the variety :-)
    their usage is normal, it's very interesting to see the variety :-)[/QUOTE]

Interesting observations. It would be interesting if a survey were run of some kind to see how people use their phones. I am not sure how that could be set up.
    As for OP's phone, it shouldn't drain so much at night. Mine doesn't do that. It just goes down a few percentage points. I don't have to turn off anything. I usually don't charge it at night and I don't use battery saver at night either. How is the setting for the screen-on set?
    ryankul likes this.
    02-13-19 12:29 PM
    I thought it could have been my sd card as it was corrupt but still no dice. Is there any way I can find out what app or how the system is draining my battery? any steps I can take?
    02-14-19 03:05 AM
    I too have had major battery drain since the latest update, apps seem to be in overtime but I checked them and nothing shows out of the ordinary
    02-14-19 07:53 AM