I'm just not seeing the all the hype for a PKB? there's really nothing mentioned here that Gboard doesn't do.
    I think that likely confirms that you're not in the target market for the KEYone Or other BlackBerry phones, though I know that's not a surprise to you. :-)

For me, who is very comfortable with both a VKB and PKB, the combination of precision, dozens of shortcuts, fine cursor control, and getting to use the whole screen for displaying and editing text without a keyboard constantly cutting it off makes the KEYone a much better device for my text-bases professional work.

Having said that, I think it's great that other companies continue to innovate the VKB technologies.

If I just want to type quickly, I'm faster on a VKB, especially with flick to type. But, in the real world, I spend 50% or more of my time outlining and editing my communications, and the VKB is closer to "mouse and keyboard" level control for complex writing tasks.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-18-17 04:49 PM
    There is also the fact that it cannot be rooted. While there are definitely some who find that a weakness, others find that a strength as it should be more secure.
    09-18-17 04:53 PM
    I think that likely confirms that you're not in the target market for the KEYone Or other BlackBerry phones, though I know that's not a surprise to you. :-)

For me, who is very comfortable with both a VKB and PKB, the combination of precision, dozens of shortcuts, fine cursor control, and getting to use the whole screen for displaying and editing text without a keyboard constantly cutting it off makes the KEYone a much better device for my text-bases professional work.

Having said that, I think it's great that other companies continue to innovate the VKB technologies.

If I just want to type quickly, I'm faster on a VKB, especially with flick to type. But, in the real world, I spend 50% or more of my time outlining and editing my communications, and the VKB is closer to "mouse and keyboard" level control for complex writing tasks.

👍
    09-18-17 04:53 PM
    I meant the PKB is closer to mouse and keyboard experience

09-18-17 04:57 PM
    I dot what I will do if Blackberry stops making pkb phones. I don't want to have to go to an on scree kb!
    09-19-17 11:56 AM
55 123