Unless I am missing something this is what I've seen from TCL/BB

Alcatel idol 3 only went from Lollipop to marshmallow

Idol 4 and 4s run marshmallow and still don't have nougat

Same with the DTEK line

Priv I know was not launched from TCL but only went from Lollipop to marshmallow

I'm concerned that keyone won't get up to android p. This is one of the reasons holding me back from purchasing the phone

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-11-17 11:51 PM
    I'm concerned that keyone won't get up to android p. This is one of the reasons holding me back from purchasing the phone
    At least you're thinking of this. Maybe you won't end up in the 'I hate BB, no Android P on KEYone. Grrrrrr!' crowd lol.
    09-12-17 12:03 AM
    Honestly I dont know why people get so worked up about the K1 only getting Oreo...Nougat is still very relevant and most apps will be supported for a while and by the time Oreo won't be the newest, you'll prob want a new phone anyway.

The main question is:
    Why is everyone so sure that Oreo or P for that matter will run better on the K1 than Nougat?
    modifier and Delirious D like this.
    09-12-17 03:17 AM
    The keyone will be getting android popsicle.
    09-12-17 04:50 AM
    The keyone will be getting android popsicle.
    No! I want it to be called Peppermint!
    Neville A Daniels likes this.
    09-12-17 06:11 AM
    At least you're thinking of this. Maybe you won't end up in the 'I hate BB, no Android P on KEYone. Grrrrrr!' crowd lol.
    I don't know how you deal with all the childish entitlement that goes on around here without turning into an incurable alcoholic.
    09-12-17 06:12 AM
    After mustard-gas and niacin, pepper-spray will be coming to a keyone near you.

Most countries including the United Nations mandate minimum guarantee warranties and serviceability requirements for all electrical components the IEEE in particular.

Software upgrades are compulsory for minimum period of 3 years with maintenance patches for a minimum period of five years.
    Good companies like blackberry and Microsoft are targeting patches out to 10 years.
    Although the 10 years stretch is voluntary the three and five year ones are not.

Replacement components have to be available for minimum period of 5 years at which point they can cease production.
    Service centres have to repair products up to 10 years after production if parts are available after the 5 Year period. Most countries have mandated two years guarantee on 2 year phone contracts.
    Apologies to pay as you go your phones are strictly manufacturer's guarantee which at the moment means high-end Samsung's.

Integral batteries are deemed part of the phone and are not user serviceable therefore falling under the 2 year guarantee. There is no get out for the battery if it is not user serviceable.
    Last edited by Neville A Daniels; 09-17-17 at 04:01 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-17 06:21 AM
    As long as my KEYᵒⁿᵉ continues to serve my purposes, which it does well, I couldn't care less if it gets Oreo or any other high caloric updates.
    09-12-17 07:03 AM
    Sorry dude.
    09-12-17 07:51 AM
    With this discussion, I expect it to be called Phantom.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-12-17 07:57 AM
    How about Spearmint?
    09-12-17 08:14 AM
    PayDay. This is Google/Alphabet we are talking about.
    FF22 and modifier like this.
    09-12-17 08:19 AM
    I don't know how you deal with all the childish entitlement that goes on around here without turning into an incurable alcoholic.
    It's called "first world problems ", I suggest you start drinking heavily, it's the only way to cope with this generation :-)
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-12-17 09:06 AM
    It's called "first world problems ", I suggest you start drinking heavily, it's the only way to cope with this generation :-)
    Sad part? The worst offenders here are not millenials by a long shot.
    09-12-17 09:40 AM
    How about Spearmint?
    Not till 2021!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-17 09:40 AM
    OP you are very observant!! My take on that is since BlackBerry and tcl have stated that the previous BlackBerry android phones were only meant to test the waters as they transition. The keyone is a "real device" they want to push around to everyone so it's support will be longer and better than the former imo at least

Posted via CB10
    09-12-17 09:45 AM
    Knowing what's ahead doesn't mean it makes it any better if we don't get the update though haha.
    09-12-17 09:55 PM
    Honestly I dont know why people get so worked up about the K1 only getting Oreo...Nougat is still very relevant and most apps will be supported for a while and by the time Oreo won't be the newest, you'll prob want a new phone anyway.

The main question is:
    Why is everyone so sure that Oreo or P for that matter will run better on the K1 than Nougat?
    Bc that's usually the point of an update. Priv ran better when it got Marshmallow. Plus people want new features that enhance our experience. Isn't that an obvious answer?
    09-12-17 09:56 PM
    With this discussion, I expect it to be called Phantom.
    Isn't it gonna be the brand which would pay most to google to get their P... something brand... branded? lol
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-17 07:51 AM
    OP you are very observant!! My take on that is since BlackBerry and tcl have stated that the previous BlackBerry android phones were only meant to test the waters as they transition. The keyone is a "real device" they want to push around to everyone so it's support will be longer and better than the former imo at least

Posted via CB10
    I suspect that is the "plan" if all things go well - if TCL Communications stops hemorrhaging money and device sales, and that can partially be attributed to BlackBerry Mobile. Then yes I expect the "plan" will be for BlackBerry Mobile to be a key part of TCL Communications "plans" going forward.... and thus longer and better support than we have seen in the past.

Based on how little TCL is willing to invest in BlackBerry Mobile up to this point.... long shot at best.
    09-13-17 09:03 AM
    This shoes not matter for unlocked devices, correct? Can't you just load at update you want?
    09-13-17 09:43 AM
    Oreo will continue to get security patches until at least the fall of 2020. That should be plenty.
    09-13-17 10:05 AM
    This shoes not matter for unlocked devices, correct? Can't you just load at update you want?
    BB Androids can't be rooted, so only approved OS upgrades can be installed.
    09-13-17 10:16 AM
    Or pineapple upside down cake or pudding (plum pudding for added emphasis) or peanut m & m's (that's confusing) or peach cobbler (pc for politically inclined) or peanut bark (woof!) or pepsi. Helpful, I know.
    09-13-17 05:48 PM
    Perogi. Now stop worrying and use your phone.
    09-13-17 06:48 PM
55 123