My mother just got a Keyone the other day and she's graciously let me play me with it. I originally had some doubts on whether it could keep up with everything I like to do (social media, youtube) but it seems to handle it well and I have no major complaints about the phone, except the signal strength.

It barely gets any signal in my bedroom, even though my phone (the Galaxy S6 Edge+) will have full signal or close to it. I don't get it. Is this a known issue with the Keyone? Is there a way to fix this or is this a hardware issue? I was considering getting a Keyone myself but if this is an issue with all of them..well...

Also, unrelated, but when we stopped into the Sprint store to get the phone, the employee said they only had one in stock and that my mother was the very first person to buy one. Maybe it's just my local store, but none of this sounds too good. I figured they would've at least sold a few by now.
    08-27-17 10:27 PM

It barely gets any signal in my bedroom, even though my phone (the Galaxy S6 Edge+) will have full signal or close to it. I don't get it. Is this a known issue with the Keyone? Is there a way to fix this or is this a hardware issue? I was considering getting a Keyone myself but if this is an issue with all of them..well.
    Are both your Galaxy and your Mom's KEYᵒⁿᵉ on the same carrier? If so could it be a sim card issue? Try putting your sim card into her phone and see what happens.
    08-27-17 10:40 PM
    I have had my KEYone from the end of May. No real problems, but signal strength is actually poor. My DTEK50 had much better signal strength, and also I have lots of dropped calls when driving through the Lower Mainland of BC. This is a first for me. Never had that with my Classic or DTEK50.
    08-28-17 12:06 AM
    My mother just got a Keyone the other day and she's graciously let me play me with it. I originally had some doubts on whether it could keep up with everything I like to do (social media, youtube) but it seems to handle it well and I have no major complaints about the phone, except the signal strength.

It barely gets any signal in my bedroom, even though my phone (the Galaxy S6 Edge+) will have full signal or close to it. I don't get it. Is this a known issue with the Keyone? Is there a way to fix this or is this a hardware issue? I was considering getting a Keyone myself but if this is an issue with all of them..well...

Also, unrelated, but when we stopped into the Sprint store to get the phone, the employee said they only had one in stock and that my mother was the very first person to buy one. Maybe it's just my local store, but none of this sounds too good. I figured they would've at least sold a few by now.
    A more thorough test would be to try it and not just look at the signal strength bars. Sometimes they can be misleading.

But, yes, there have been posts about signal issues. Not sure if software or hardware!
    08-28-17 12:42 AM
    The BlackBerry KEYone wireless signal strength indicator is not accurate. I have LTE service yet I rarely get more than 3 bars and no discernible reduction in performance of the smartphone. With that said, SpeedTest.net reports relatively low data throughput on the download / receiving part.
    08-28-17 12:46 AM
    Use an App like "Phone Signal" to check the decibel rating on your device. From my comparisons with the Priv, they both have near identical antenna performance.

The only difference is Antennagate, which is definitely an issue with the Keyone. Not an issue if you use a case though.
    08-28-17 02:05 AM