Hey guys,

So ive been trying hard to get my -7 from india connected to IMS (and volte and wifi calling) on tmobile here. The -1s work out of the box.
    Ive been in touch with a highlevel tmobile engineer... the person in charge of provisioning phones even. He has been in touch with tmobile and we have had alot of emails... but sadly, I just received this:

"

I heard back from TCL,

“I was able to confirm that the India model does not contain TMO configuration and is not intended to support TMO WFC. Therefore no amount of tinkering will make it work”

And you do not need to do anything more with the trouble ticket.

I have heard from other people within T-Mobile the challenge of interoperability with VoLTE services.

It seems that it will work great for the operator intended…but has a poor chance of working for operators that it was not intended for.

Sometimes it is by design, sometimes it is due to the special setting requirements or white listing of TAC by the operator (that is not T-Mobile)

I further learned that if the OEM is using a Qualcomm chip the likelihood that it will work on T-Mobile is quite high (assuming they take the chipset firmware that is for T-Mobile…so many open market phones with Qualcomm chips will work very well on our network.

And OEMs that know how to work with all carriers…..for instance an AT&T Samsung device….when using a T-Mobile SIM will tear down the IMS stack…….and a T-Mobile Samsung device will do the same with an AT&T SIM. (not directed by either operator to do so)

We do not use the IMEI for IMS whitelisting, we do use the UA string, the OEMs know our UA string requirements….if the OEM does not know our UA string requirements it will not work.

So it is a sort of white listing….but not using the IMEI.

I recall the term white listing is from the Equipment Identity Register (EIR)

White- good/allow authentication

Black – bad/prevent authentication (fraudulent TAC use, Stolen)

And Grey – not yet classified and most operators treat that as “white” and allow authentication.

When I worked for a Canadian Operator we only white listed phones that were PTCRB approved, I have not seen the same behavior with US Carriers.

Sorry the news was not better, but we know what the facts are.

I am not sure how the person on the forum was able to connect in India, he must have had a different software variation…or had a means to tinker with settings that TCL are not aware of.

I know that my TCL contact would tell me if they could get it working if it was possible.

He did keep telling me that the single SIM version does work with T-Mobile.

Cheers"
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-11-17 10:58 AM
    oops, I meant to put tmobile in the thread title. not sure I can edit it tho
    10-11-17 10:58 AM
    so sad. I hate US carriers.
    Max Owens and jayk82 like this.
    10-11-17 11:30 AM
    tmobile guy keeps saying its TCL... im not totally convinced, but I do think it would take tcl fixing some bugs or modifying things... the tmobile guy keeps saying ims isnt a whitelisted thing and anything that can connect will... he would know based on his position (which I omitted for privacys sake)
    10-11-17 11:42 AM
    tmobile guy keeps saying its TCL... im not totally convinced, but I do think it would take tcl fixing some bugs or modifying things... the tmobile guy keeps saying ims isnt a whitelisted thing and anything that can connect will... he would know based on his position (which I omitted for privacys sake)
    I'm hardly shocked though. It's a device only available in India after all.

US carriers aren't fond of dual-SIM, so I'm not surprised the NA variant doesn't offer it.
    10-11-17 11:52 AM
    yeah... but really there is no reason it shouldnt work. same basic hardware and software. the cell modem isnt different hardware. clearly the chipset can support dual sims and its just a hardware part and software part missing. android seems to have dual sim and ims built in and available to oems... I know ims and volte work on the indian carrier r-jio. it should work here... on tmobile. someone over there would just have to care
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-11-17 12:43 PM
    I got further than I expected... which was way I was kind of hoping to get a fix in the end. rats. DIGITs will have to work in a pinch. not a great solve but what can u do?
    10-11-17 12:44 PM
    haha even worse... t-mobile really requires all phones that connect to band 12 (which mine does) to support volte!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08...ill-confusing/
    10-11-17 02:57 PM
    haha even worse... t-mobile really requires all phones that connect to band 12 (which mine does) to support volte!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08...ill-confusing/
    Interesting read. Still so confused what it would take for TCL/BBM or in our case Optiemus to circulate identification means for their devices so their devices will function properly with carrier features, on any carrier
    10-11-17 03:17 PM
    Given an idea found in this post:
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/has-anybody-gotten-verizon-cdma-k1-do-video-calling-1127097/#post13033384

To me it seems possible to write VoLTE and wifi calling to the secure settings. I have an understanding of the terminology and what such said can enable me to do but I have no idea how to do it for wifi calling or enhanced HD VoLTE features ...
    Last edited by M-M-M; 10-11-17 at 10:50 PM.
    10-11-17 09:54 PM
    tcl would have to care enough to fix it and they dont
    bobshine likes this.
    10-11-17 10:01 PM
    Isn't this an Optiemus problem since dual sim is their device?
    10-11-17 10:11 PM
    well technically yes... but they didnt make any aspect of the keyone and im pretty sure actual support still has to go through tcl. do you think optimus is magically developing an android os build that mirrors bbm's?
    10-11-17 10:35 PM
    Isn't this an Optiemus problem since dual sim is their device?
    Pretty much. The branding rights provide it. But what a cloak that is.

Lol fop
    well technically yes... but they didnt make any aspect of the keyone and im pretty sure actual support still has to go through tcl. do you think optimus is magically developing an android os build that mirrors bbm's?
    10-11-17 10:42 PM
    according to tcl thus far, its working as intended in the market its intended for... im fairly certain a simple tweak in the ims code (like adjusting the user agent string) would fix this issue. maybe ill dig through the phones logs via adb and see if anything comes up error msg wise
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-11-17 10:47 PM
    Any support I'd go for would be. The problem is that.
    10-11-17 10:48 PM
    OK TCL. That'd be awesome for fop
    10-11-17 10:50 PM
    Thanks for your efforts, it’s a bummer but I can live without wifi calling for dual sim (Bette than two phones). I still haven’t contacted T-Mobile about the MMS issues I’m having (won’t receive pictures via text, just regular texts) will have to do that to see if that can be resolved.
    10-12-17 02:53 AM
    hrm does mms work if the sim is in sim1 position? I have tmobile in sim1 att in sim2 and no issues with mms and tmobile thus far. worked fine out of the box
    10-12-17 09:24 AM
    hrm does mms work if the sim is in sim1 position? I have tmobile in sim1 att in sim2 and no issues with mms and tmobile thus far. worked fine out of the box
    Do you receive MMS through at&t?
    10-12-17 11:56 AM
    Why would they? The device works as intended for its intended market. You took the risk importing it and having it not work.
    10-12-17 12:06 PM
    At least it was a learning experience.
    10-12-17 12:19 PM
    Hey guys,

So ive been trying hard to get my -7 from india connected to IMS (and volte and wifi calling) on tmobile here. The -1s work out of the box.
    Ive been in touch with a highlevel tmobile engineer... the person in charge of provisioning phones even. He has been in touch with tmobile and we have had alot of emails... but sadly, I just received this:

"

I heard back from TCL,

“I was able to confirm that the India model does not contain TMO configuration and is not intended to support TMO WFC. Therefore no amount of tinkering will make it work”

I have heard from other people within T-Mobile the challenge of interoperability with VoLTE services.

It seems that it will work great for the operator intended…but has a poor chance of working for operators that it was not intended for.

Sometimes it is by design, sometimes it is due to the special setting requirements or white listing of TAC by the operator (that is not T-Mobile)

I further learned that if the OEM is using a Qualcomm chip the likelihood that it will work on T-Mobile is quite high (assuming they take the chipset firmware that is for T-Mobile…so many open market phones with Qualcomm chips will work very well on our network.

And OEMs that know how to work with all carriers…..for instance an AT&T Samsung device….when using a T-Mobile SIM will tear down the IMS stack…….and a T-Mobile Samsung device will do the same with an AT&T SIM. (not directed by either operator to do so)

We do not use the IMEI for IMS whitelisting, we do use the UA string, the OEMs know our UA string requirements….if the OEM does not know our UA string requirements it will not work.

And Grey – not yet classified and most operators treat that as “white” and allow authentication.

When I worked for a Canadian Operator we only white listed phones that were PTCRB approved, I have not seen the same behavior with US Carriers.

I am not sure how the person on the forum was able to connect in India, he must have had a different software variation…or had a means to tinker with settings that TCL are not aware of.

I know that my TCL contact would tell me if they could get it working if it was possible.

Cheers"
    You could try the following in fastboot:

"fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS-usa.bin" from the latest autoloader. I'm guessing the -7 wants to flash NON-HLOS-india.bin and comes preloaded with that. No guarantees but it is worth a try.
    10-12-17 12:29 PM
    Hey guys,

"

I heard back from TCL,

Cheers"

"fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS-usa.bin" from the latest autoloader. I'm guessing the -7 wants to flash NON-HLOS-india.bin and comes preloaded with that. No guarantees but it is worth a try.
    10-12-17 12:29 PM

Wow this is interesting news... I got a more official response from tcl I was about to post that makes it seem like something akin to this would work... but that it would be difficult for them to deploy it...

Im going to ask if this will work!
    10-12-17 12:55 PM
209 123 ...