Hey everyone's,

Can somebody help me? I have always felt that my battery isn't anywhere near as good as everyone else's.

I feel that I can just make it from 9am to around 7pm on a charge. I'm definitely a fairly heavy user, but which true Blackberry fan isn't? Emails, messages, phone calls, and Web. No you tube or Netflix, etc.

Can someone help me confirm this?

I saw some else post a pic showing 42% battery left, but their phone says they can expect and additional 12 hrs of life. i have 61% but only 8 hrs left.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-screenshot_20171018-122346.jpg  
    Last edited by juan_castro; 10-18-17 at 03:35 PM.
    10-18-17 03:21 PM
    This is somebody else's battery details from a previous post. And this post was about them* noticing their battery getting worse. But even then... it's better than mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-23941.jpg  
    10-18-17 03:31 PM
    Hey everyone's,

Can somebody help me? I have always felt that my battery isn't anywhere near as good as everyone else's.

I feel that I can just make it from 9am to around 7pm on a charge. I'm definitely a fairly heavy user, but which true Blackberry fan isn't? Emails, messages, phone calls, and Web. No you tube or Netflix, etc.

Can someone help me confirm this?

I saw some else post a pic showing 42% battery left, but their phone says they can expect and additional 12 hrs of life. i have 61% but only 8 hrs left.

Any help would be appreciated.
    That is merely an estimate based on the usage it already has had that day. Where do you keep your screen brightness?
    10-18-17 03:53 PM
    That is merely an estimate based on the usage it already has had that day. Where do you keep your screen brightness?
    I try to keep it at 50% maximum. Since I posted this, I went from 61% to 52%, and now it says 6 hrs remaining.

I also make an effort to close down background apps. I feel something isn't right, or I'm missing something.
    10-18-17 04:20 PM
    Looking at your screenshot of your battery usage seeing Android OS as the biggest user of battery raises a flag to me. The screen should always show as the biggest user of battery and most certainly if you a heavy user.
    10-18-17 04:26 PM
    Make sure data saver is turned on.
    You should not need to go above 25% brightness as the standard setting.
    Keep Wi-fi and Bluetooth switched off when not in use and likewise when you are not using data think about switching from LTE to 2G.
    10-18-17 05:04 PM
    Looking at your screenshot of your battery usage seeing Android OS as the biggest user of battery raises a flag to me. The screen should always show as the biggest user of battery and most certainly if you a heavy user.
    Yeah, I definitely feel like something isn't right here. my I ask approximate how long your batter would go?
    10-18-17 05:14 PM
    Make sure data saver is turned on.
    You should not need to go above 25% brightness as the standard setting.
    Keep Wi-fi and Bluetooth switched off when not in use and likewise when you are not using data think about switching from LTE to 2G.
    I definitely keep WiFi and Bluetooth off while not in use. And I also turn off location services even though that's inconvenient.

But as far as turning it from LTE to 2g, I wouldn't do that. I'm sure the phone will last a long time if I make it basically unusable, but that not the point. Is everyone claiming the get 24hrs + really limiting their phone like this all the time?
    10-18-17 05:19 PM
    I leave wifi. bluetooth and gps ON all of the time. But keep the brightness lower.

What types of apps do you use? Some to take more power. How is your cell signal?
    10-18-17 05:34 PM
    Yeah, I definitely feel like something isn't right here. my I ask approximate how long your batter would go?
    I never have to charge my phone during one day's use. I normally have 8-10 hours of screen on time every day and rarely go below 20% battery level. I never use power save mode.

You have some app that is using your battery given the extensive use of battery by the Android OS. This you will have to investigate as to which one(s) it is.

Here's my battery usage so far today for example:
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-563907.jpg  
    10-18-17 05:45 PM
    I leave wifi. bluetooth and gps ON all of the time. But keep the brightness lower.

What types of apps do you use? Some to take more power. How is your cell signal?
    My main apps in would have to be
    - BB hub
    - Textra (instead of messages)
    - Chrome

I think my only power hungry app would be instagram which I use occasionally. I used it now to test.
    10-18-17 05:48 PM
    I never have to charge my phone during one day's use. I normally have 8-10 hours of screen on time every day and rarely go below 20% battery level. I never use power save mode.

You have some app that is using your battery given the extensive use of battery by the Android OS. This you will have to investigate as to which one(s) it is.

Here's my battery usage so far today for example:
    That's crazy to me. I don't understand how mine can be so far off. You have almost double what I had at 60% as you can see in my original post. This is my current level now...
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-screenshot_20171018-144804.jpg  
    10-18-17 05:52 PM
    That's crazy to me. I don't understand how mine can be so far off. You have almost double what I had at 60% as you can see in my original post. This is my current level now...
    There is something running in the background constantly and using a lot of battery by the looks of it. Your battery drain seems to be constant at the same level all day and since your expected battery life left is more or less based on recent/current usage explains why you have such a sharp decline in time left.
    10-18-17 06:07 PM
    There is something running in the background constantly and using a lot of battery by the looks of it. Your battery drain seems to be constant at the same level all day and since your expected battery life left is more or less based on recent/current usage explains why you have such a sharp decline in time left.
    You may have to do a factory reset to get things straightened out.
    10-18-17 06:12 PM
    Is there any way to identify which app it may be? I would like to avoid performing a factory reset by any means possible.
    10-18-17 07:04 PM
    You could delete Apps and then reinstall them a couple at a time while keeping an eye on your battery usage? Anybody on here have a good better way of finding out a rogue app that is chewing up battery? Chime in
    10-18-17 07:25 PM
    I'm having a similar problem getting 12 hours or less, I'm new to android and blackberry.

Is there a way I can view apps that are running in the background? I've Googled for a strong hour with no answers... .may say more about my Google skills!
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-2858.jpg  
    10-18-17 08:47 PM
    I'm having a similar problem getting 12 hours or less, I'm new to android and blackberry.

Is there a way I can view apps that are running in the background? I've Googled for a strong hour with no answers... .may say more about my Google skills!
    It would be interesting to see what other processes are showing in your battery usage below the Android OS. If you have X number of processes running each taking 2% that could end up using a lot of battery.

Otherwise your original screenshot looks good except for the obvious battery drain!
    10-18-17 09:01 PM
    It would be interesting to see what other processes are showing in your battery usage below the Android OS. If you have X number of processes running each taking 2% that could end up using a lot of battery.

Otherwise your original screenshot looks good except for the obvious battery drain!
    There you go 👍
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-2860.jpg  
    10-18-17 09:03 PM

this is mine. I was using instagram a lot today to see the impact.
    Attached Thumbnails Bad Battery  issues-screenshot_20171018-183251.jpg  
    10-18-17 09:34 PM
    You could delete Apps and then reinstall them a couple at a time while keeping an eye on your battery usage? Anybody on here have a good better way of finding out a rogue app that is chewing up battery? Chime in
    I'm actually not sure what Hub+ services really is...
    10-18-17 09:36 PM
    this is mine. I was using instagram a lot today to see the impact.
    Seeing this I would classify you as an ultra heavy user. The Hub+ is the least of your worries.
    10-18-17 10:02 PM
    Seeing this I would classify you as an ultra heavy user. The Hub+ is the least of your worries.
    I've actually had my phone for a couple of months now. I think since July.
    10-18-17 10:05 PM
    This is just something to try, as it was a problem I had on my Priv. It turned out that I had a corrupt MP3 file on the memory card that Android was trying to catalog for me. Removing the offending MP3 eliminated the unusual battery usage.

Something to try, anyways. Good luck!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-18-17 11:26 PM
    I sent a message to blackberry support and they mentioned that 14 hours was good... how would music streaming impact?
    10-19-17 02:05 AM