I am switching to a Black Edition from my norma Keyone. How do I backup and restore it to the new one and keep everything.

thanks
    10-06-17 09:09 PM
    From what I understood from other threads, it almost impossible to have exact 1:1 copy f everything on another keyone

Unfortunately apple is better in this case
    10-07-17 05:47 AM
    I am switching to a Black Edition from my norma Keyone. How do I backup and restore it to the new one and keep everything.

thanks
    As msyogota notes, it is not a straight 1:1.

You can use the Content Transfer to move some stuff. When you establish the same GoogleID it will offer to restore. It did restore my Wallpaper and some other settings. It also began the process to reinstalling my apps (this takes some time, one by one). I use Google for Contacts and Calendar and that was restored. Icon locations in the Launcher - were not restored although someone mentioned that is included in the newest OS. But not available when I went from one to another.

I personally manually move photos, docs, music, etc. First, it can take forever to move hundreds of larger files and I can control the process and still have full access to the phone.

Good luck. We can hope that full backup/restore comes along sooner rather than later since it is a tedious process.
    10-07-17 10:21 AM