Ao dropped my keyone from a distance of about 3ft onto some plush hardwood (really soft wood/composite) at my buddy's place in Chicago this past weekend. It just so happened to be not even one day following the infamous tragic news that KEYone owners were experiencing their device' screen to life or pop off entirely following a drop or fall.

Luckily my screen did not do either I believe. However I was troubled to see that the backplate popped loose which I believe is Non-removable.

From what I can tell, the backplate is affixed by several or a dozen clips to the chassis / device. I was able to take an ID card and pop it back on securely but was troubled by this never less.

So has anyone elk experienced their backplate lift / pop off after their KEYone took a tumble? Let me know.
    06-16-17 01:48 AM
    I think the backplate attaches itself by clips. You should be able to push it in, unless the clip/hinge is broken.
    06-16-17 02:04 AM
    Backplate clips in there
    06-16-17 02:18 AM
    yes backclips which is great as it makes it easier for battery change when the time come.
    06-16-17 05:36 AM
    yes backclips which is great as it makes it easier for battery change when the time come.
    It seems users are reporting their screen lifted AFTER some clips unclipped. Wonder if that has any effect on the screen lift gate.
    06-16-17 01:09 PM