I got my KeyONE two days ago and haven't manhandled it. But this morning I noticed that the rubber back is separating from the edge for at least two inches. It began just below the SIM holder and extended to the convenience key. I could see what looked like two clips sticking up near either end.
    Now with some good squeezing I got the lower one to snap back in, but there's still a bit of a gap where the upper one doesn't quite snap in. Is this a known problem (I think I saw it mentioned in some comments on the BestBuy site) and is there a fix, other than replacing it? Thanks.
    01-01-18 02:36 PM
    I got my KeyONE two days ago and haven't manhandled it. But this morning I noticed that the rubber back is separating from the edge for at least two inches. It began just below the SIM holder and extended to the convenience key. I could see what looked like two clips sticking up near either end.
    Now with some good squeezing I got the lower one to snap back in, but there's still a bit of a gap where the upper one doesn't quite snap in. Is this a known problem (I think I saw it mentioned in some comments on the BestBuy site) and is there a fix, other than replacing it? Thanks.
    I have not personally seen it or investigated it. But I believe that folks have just snapped the back, back into place. Not sure how much effort/force you should use.
    01-01-18 04:18 PM
    I got the upper one snapped back in by pressing diagonally, so that it was pushed away from the edge as well as down. I think that got the clip of the way so it could get back below the edge. I'm not sure it's perfectly in; you can still see a loose fit along the whole area that had opened, but it doesn't look like it's falling apart.
    TCL should pay a bit more attention to that design. The Classic's Kevlar back is very tight. Maybe the rubber back will make it easier to do a battery replacement when needed.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-01-18 04:46 PM
    I had the same problem.
    01-02-18 12:10 AM
    I thought the back was removable when I got my first KeyONE back in June. Yeah, found out it shouldn't be taken off. Some of the pins broke and it was permanently loose at a corner. Not that it really mattered anyway, though. I had to return the phone because the the display fell out. :P
    01-02-18 12:45 AM
    I thought the back was removable when I got my first KeyONE back in June. Yeah, found out it shouldn't be taken off. Some of the pins broke and it was permanently loose at a corner. Not that it really mattered anyway, though. I had to return the phone because the the display fell out. :P
    Man, early built models sure seem to suck.

I honestly consider the KEYone to have been released in July, when they finally properly adhered the screens, as well as made other hardware improvements.
    01-02-18 06:12 AM