I've been having this for a while now... How come Google services can stay awake for that long and consume that much of power?

The Note 8 seems great btw )
    Attached Thumbnails Awake all the time...-23662.jpg   Awake all the time...-screenshot_20170823-224036.jpg  
    08-23-17 11:57 AM
    Because Google Services basically keeps your phone running in the way you like. If Google Services stopped running all the time, you'd be complaining about how nothing on your device worked. Consider it like a system service on your computer where your computer won't run unless it loads and runs.
    08-23-17 12:29 PM
    Because Google Services basically keeps your phone running in the way you like. If Google Services stopped running all the time, you'd be complaining about how nothing on your device worked. Consider it like a system service on your computer where your computer won't run unless it loads and runs.
    I do wonder why they had to separate this from the underlying android os. Maybe so that their services code isn't open source? Or it can be updated independent of the core os?
    08-23-17 12:36 PM
    I do wonder why they had to separate this from the underlying android os. Maybe so that their services code isn't open source? Or it can be updated independent of the core os?
    Both. Among a slew of other reasons.
    08-23-17 12:37 PM
    Thanks for your input Bla1ze. I get what you mean but what I'm trying to say is that how could my phone (not just Google services) stay awake almost "all the time" even when the screen is off and the phone is left untouched for like hours? This is not normal, is it? Where's that doze mode and stuff?

Based on the stats, my best guess is that Google services might be the source of the problem. Shouldn't it be among the top battery drainers?
    08-23-17 01:12 PM