Well drat. My primary interest is dual sim US availability. Does the China version have 4GB ram?
    Yes.

I'm 99.99% certain dual SIM won't ever make it in the US.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-08-17 11:09 AM
    India version is dual, China version is single.
    I think there might be a dual sim China version in the works, but the main one (BBB100-4) should be single, yeah.
    08-08-17 11:12 AM
    Yes.

I'm 99.99% certain dual SIM won't ever make it in the US.
    Double drat. Finally got excited about the K1. My Passport won't last much longer without an overhaul. Maybe I'll get new parts for it and ride it another year.
    08-08-17 12:26 PM
    Double drat. Finally got excited about the K1. My Passport won't last much longer without an overhaul. Maybe I'll get new parts for it and ride it another year.
    If you need help with rebuild give me a shout, have done complete rebuilds many times
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-08-17 01:12 PM
    If you need help with rebuild give me a shout, have done complete rebuilds many times
    Much obliged. I've tore down other devices, but not the Passport. Seems parts are scarce on ebay for the ATT model.
    08-08-17 01:32 PM
    This is my hunch too! Dual sim is not necessary in NA as we have full coverage netorks!
    08-08-17 02:02 PM
    This is my hunch too! Dual sim is not necessary in NA as we have full coverage netorks!
    Sure in NA. I travel abroad a lot and usually carry another phone and get a local sim for it. Dual sim would cure that pain point for me.
    08-08-17 02:25 PM
    Much obliged. I've tore down other devices, but not the Passport. Seems parts are scarce on ebay for the ATT model.
    Look on e bay for a beat up AT&T model. Buy it for parts.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-08-17 02:31 PM
    Sure in NA. I travel abroad a lot and usually carry another phone and get a local sim for it. Dual sim would cure that pain point for me.
    Local SIM's are scary to me. I was recently in French Polynesia and asked for a nanoSIM so that I could put it into the KEYone or Z30, with an adapter I brought along. The guy said "no problem" and did something behind the counter. He handed it over and I put it into the adapter and into the Z30. My plan was to test it with the Z30 first. Since it was my first time with a local SIM, I didn't examine it and thought maybe it's like the precut ones from T-Mobile. Anyway, once in the Z30, it was stuck. The spring-loaded ejector wouldn't work. I went ahead and got it setup anyway since I could still use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot for the KEYone (and I didn't want to deal with the stuck SIM without proper tools). After getting home from the trip, I used tweezers to nudge it out and thankfully no damage was done. (An old microSIM popped in/out worked fine with the spring-loaded mechanism.) When I examined the "nanoSIM", it was just cut down from a microSIM and very crudely at that. Had I put this in the KEYone, it /might/ have gotten stuck.

Lesson learned: Properly cut down microSIM to nanoSIM, or precut, can work fine. Specs actually have nanoSIM's a smidgen thinner than microSIM's, so putting a cut down/precut nanoSIM into a "complies with specs" adapter may make the resulting microSIM too thick.
    08-08-17 06:35 PM

Lesson learned: Properly cut down microSIM to nanoSIM, or precut, can work fine. Specs actually have nanoSIM's a smidgen thinner than microSIM's, so putting a cut down/precut nanoSIM into a "complies with specs" adapter may make the resulting microSIM too thick.
    Good point. I've ran across poorly cut down sims too.
    08-08-17 07:11 PM
    Well drat. My primary interest is dual sim US availability. Does the China version have 4GB ram?
    I believe so.
    08-08-17 07:47 PM
    Local SIM's are scary to me. I was recently in French Polynesia and asked for a nanoSIM so that I could put it into the KEYone or Z30, with an adapter I brought along. The guy said "no problem" and did something behind the counter. He handed it over and I put it into the adapter and into the Z30. My plan was to test it with the Z30 first. Since it was my first time with a local SIM, I didn't examine it and thought maybe it's like the precut ones from T-Mobile. Anyway, once in the Z30, it was stuck. The spring-loaded ejector wouldn't work. I went ahead and got it setup anyway since I could still use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot for the KEYone (and I didn't want to deal with the stuck SIM without proper tools). After getting home from the trip, I used tweezers to nudge it out and thankfully no damage was done. (An old microSIM popped in/out worked fine with the spring-loaded mechanism.) When I examined the "nanoSIM", it was just cut down from a microSIM and very crudely at that. Had I put this in the KEYone, it /might/ have gotten stuck.

Next time ask to see the SIM before buying it. Most of the vendors will happy to do that. If they don't , just switch to another vendor. I find that the Micro SIM is way thicker than the Nano one, and can damage the SIM slot. I have a couple of friends had that issue.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-09-17 12:32 AM
    Next time ask to see the SIM before buying it. Most of the vendors will happy to do that. If they don't , just switch to another vendor. I find that the Micro SIM is way thicker than the Nano one, and can damage the SIM slot. I have a couple of friends had that issue.
    I'm sure to check next time! My particular situation then, though, was one vendor open on a Sunday, at the airport. I really only had one option, unless I paid for a taxi to get into town. That would have added $40 USD.
    08-09-17 02:11 AM
    Why don't you put the Sim from the country you are traveling to into your KEYᵒⁿᵉ? You need your personal line active as well as the Sim from the country you are traveling to?
    08-09-17 08:23 AM
    Why don't you put the Sim from the country you are traveling to into your KEYᵒⁿᵉ? You need your personal line active as well as the Sim from the country you are traveling to?
    Yes, my US sim is active with an international texting plan to communicate with my team and HQ. Also to receive emergency calls from my wife if need be.

The local sim is used for mobile data, hot spot for my Passport and computer, call and text with locals.
    08-09-17 10:19 AM
    Yes, my US sim is active with an international texting plan to communicate with my team and HQ. Also to receive emergency calls from my wife if need be.

The local sim is used for mobile data, hot spot for my Passport and computer, call and text with locals.
    That's why I carry two phones.....WOOF!
    08-09-17 10:41 AM
    That's why I carry two phones.....WOOF!
    Not for me. Like having two wives. Plus I lug a chew can and a leatherman with me too. Pocket space is all booked up
    08-09-17 10:57 AM
    My hunch and I could be wrong! I think it'll eventually make an appearance in North America but the question is when!?
    Knowing our FCC the US black version will probably come without dual sim if at all :/
    08-09-17 11:00 AM
43 12