I have BBK1 BE Qwertz with oreo and an annoying bug in whatsapp which won't go away even after factory reset. On Nougat this never happened
    Where can i get an autoloader for my device? (ABG366)
    Last edited by Moon_Man; 10-04-18 at 10:02 AM.
    10-04-18 09:39 AM
    10-04-18 10:29 AM
    thanks i try that and report back later after testing. will do a clean install without cloud backup
    10-04-18 11:18 AM
    Never mind restart helped for the new email issue. Nor for whatsapp testing
    Attached Thumbnails Autoloader oreo for PRD-63117-036-26.jpg  
    10-04-18 01:35 PM
    i have the same model. what was your bug?
    10-04-18 02:35 PM
    sometimes when switching apps, unlocking screen etc and going straight typing into whatsapp text box, the box stays empty and i can't send anything.
    i have do close whatsapp and open it again for text to work again. so weird
    10-04-18 03:05 PM
    WOW. STILL THE SAME after a clean autoloader install without any cloud backup restore. i can't believe it. this can't be only me
    10-04-18 03:35 PM
    WOW. STILL THE SAME after a clean autoloader install without any cloud backup restore. i can't believe it. this can't be only me
    Try abd796 autoloader, this version also worked great on my keyone and I have the same prd like you.

Maybe the typing problem does not occur on this version of oreo.
    Just search for abd796 autoloader in this forum and run it like you did with abg366
    10-04-18 06:40 PM
    Try abd796 autoloader, this version also worked great on my keyone and I have the same prd like you.

Maybe the typing problem does not occur on this version of oreo.
    Just search for abd796 autoloader in this forum and run it like you did with abg366
    Ok thanks, i'll try it this afternoon.
    I downloaded it already. It is named 'ABD786Uni.7z'. Is that correct? I downloaded it from the thread for abd 796
    10-05-18 02:41 AM
    Ok thanks, i'll try it this afternoon.
    I downloaded it already. It is named 'ABD786Uni.7z'. Is that correct? I downloaded it from the thread for abd 796
    Correct
    10-05-18 03:42 AM
    thanks for responding all. Yeah that should work. If you still have issues, I will build a loader specific for any PRD to minimize issues if needed.
    10-05-18 07:33 AM
    Correct
    Same bug with your autoloader. Ugh..
    10-05-18 03:14 PM
    thanks for responding all. Yeah that should work. If you still have issues, I will build a loader specific for any PRD to minimize issues if needed.
    I tried both abg366 and abd769. No luck with both. The bug is still there. On nougat it was no problem
    10-05-18 03:14 PM
    I tried both abg366 and abd769. No luck with both. The bug is still there. On nougat it was no problem
    That’s crazy. I would try another version of WhatsApp in order to find out, if it’s a problem about the specific WhatsApp version you have installed on your device.

Check your WhatsApp version in WhatsApp settings and search on apk mirror or any other third party android app store for a different (older) WhatsApp version.

To be safe: use avast or another antivir to scan the ,,third party“ WhatsApp for malware.

After installing the old WhatsApp version, you’ll see, whether the problem still occurs.

If you’re from Germany: try chip.de to find an older version of WhatsApp.
    10-05-18 03:25 PM
    That’s crazy. I would try another version of WhatsApp in order to find out, if it’s a problem about the specific WhatsApp version you have installed on your device.

Check your WhatsApp version in WhatsApp settings and search on apk mirror or any other third party android app store for a different (older) WhatsApp version.

To be safe: use avast or another antivir to scan the ,,third party“ WhatsApp for malware.

After installing the old WhatsApp version, you’ll see, whether the problem still occurs.

If you’re from Germany: try chip.de to find an older version of WhatsApp.
    Yeah but that's unfortunately only a temporary solution. I'll have to update sooner or later.
    I tried a newer version than mine (from the web) and still same bug though
    10-06-18 06:58 AM
    do you recover your old whatsapp data during the set up process of the newly installed whatsapp app?
    10-06-18 11:05 AM
    yes. but that shouldn't be the issue. text input and chat backup restore are two completely different things
    10-06-18 11:10 AM
    yes. but that shouldn't be the issue. text input and chat backup restore are two completely different things
    Nevertheless, we've reached a point where such little things could be the issue. And I doubt that you know a 100 % that restoring your data could not affect the app itself. Or do you have such IT/ programming skills that you checked the mechanisms behind the restoring process?
    A fresh install always reduces the chance of bugs etc., especially when talking about a huge system update like the one from nougat to oreo (presuming that you ,,produced" the data you want to restore on nougat).
    10-06-18 12:28 PM
    Nevertheless, we've reached a point where such little things could be the issue. And I doubt that you know a 100 % that restoring your data could not affect the app itself. Or do you have such IT/ programming skills that you checked the mechanisms behind the restoring process?
    A fresh install always reduces the chance of bugs etc., especially when talking about a huge system update like the one from nougat to oreo (presuming that you ,,produced" the data you want to restore on nougat).
    I did once a fresh install without restoring whatsapp backup and the bug occurred nevertheless. So i don't think it's related.

And i also tried using autoloaders without using backups in general. So i set the device up from scratch. The bug still appeared
    10-06-18 01:54 PM
    I tested a really old whatsapp apk, from August without using backups. At that time i had nougat, and the bug never happened. Now on oreo the bug also happens with very old whatsapp apk.

So the bug is not caused by an whatsapp update. It's a blackberry problem again.. Something wrong with the oreo builds. But i did not expect anything else, and probably the bug will take months to be fixed, if it will be fixed at all.
    10-09-18 09:07 AM
    same bug with discord
    10-24-18 04:08 PM