I might be very late to the party, but did everyone know that DickSmith is still open (lol) and has the keyone for sale? It's at $759 too. I hope the new version is available in Aus soon.

Attachment 429967
    Dicksmith.com.au was purchased by Kogan when DickSmith went into liquidation. This phone is an overseas model so you won't have Australian consumer law, 1 year warranty by Kogan.

If you wanted to go down that route, then there is a good option on eBay from T-Dimension HK Blackberry KEYone BBB100-1 32GB Black HK NIB | eBay for $556.20 delivered using the code PHONE15 (ends at midnight) https://www.ebay.com.au/rpp/featured...bile-Phone-CBT

That's BBB100-1 at T-Dimension, the same as what JB Hi-Fi sell. Not sure what Kogan are selling but it appears to have Aus bands regardless.
    09-20-17 12:30 AM
    Expansys pricing has really dropped, too: $724.99 - including postage.
    http://www.expansys.com.au/blackberr...-black-300502/

09-20-17 01:25 AM
    I might be very late to the party, but did everyone know that DickSmith is still open (lol) and has the keyone for sale? It's at $759 too. I hope the new version is available in Aus soon.

Attachment 429967
    DickSmith are actually owned by Kogan now, great to see another retailer getting on board
    09-20-17 05:04 AM
    Waiting for the black one, if released locally
    09-20-17 07:36 AM
    Waiting for the black one, if released locally
    Any problems with your Selfridge's KEYone?

Black KEYone supposedly November sometime, at jbhifi for $899.
    09-20-17 07:51 AM
    Any problems with your Selfridge's KEYone?
    Nope but I sold it to get the black one. At the moment also getting Note 8 from Telstra. Hating typing on the glass V20, so will need my Keyone. Just this time hoping to get a local one.
    09-20-17 07:53 AM
    Anyone received Sept update?
    09-20-17 07:41 PM
    Nope but I sold it to get the black one. At the moment also getting Note 8 from Telstra. Hating typing on the glass V20, so will need my Keyone. Just this time hoping to get a local one.
    The note will still be typing on glass, so why the note? 🤔
    09-20-17 07:43 PM
    Not yet, apparently the hold up is with BlackBerry Mobile, it has been completed on Blackberry's end. I have someone at BlackBerry looking into this for me
    09-20-17 08:16 PM
    Seems there's a hold up with non US KEYone devices getting the September patch.
    09-20-17 08:31 PM
    yes but that's not acceptable. all devices should have it when released
    09-20-17 08:35 PM
    Yes. Especially, the issue of blueborne has been patched in Sept update, and it should be released to fix it on all devices asap.
    09-20-17 09:09 PM
    The note will still be typing on glass, so why the note? 🤔
    Because I can. Lol

Actually I've always had a Note and I like Stylus. I had an upgrade option from Telstra and the bundle was good. Now got 120GB with two plans with myself and wife, unlimited local and international calling and roaming, really useful for me.

As for glass screens, for some reason, even when using SwiftKey on LG V20 it's not that accurate and lags. I hate it after using Keyone for so many months. Hopefully Note 8 would be better. I can always sell it
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-20-17 09:14 PM
    Tweet bbmobile .....
    Yes. Especially, the issue of blueborne has been patched in Sept update, and it should be released to fix it on all devices asap.
    09-20-17 09:16 PM
    Because I can. Lol

Actually I've always had a Note and I like Stylus. I had an upgrade option from Telstra and the bundle was good. Now got 120GB with two plans with myself and wife, unlimited local and international calling and roaming, really useful for me.

As for glass screens, for some reason, even when using SwiftKey on LG V20 it's not that accurate and lags. I hate it after using Keyone for so many months. Hopefully Note 8 would be better. I can always sell it
    Let's hope that the 64gb KEYone doesn't have the poor reception issues that the black tcl made indian KEYone devices have.

An advantage to getting it in Aus in November or so is that there will be plenty of chatter about its pros and cons here on crackberry by those who've purchased it from available countries in sept/oct.

We won't be purchasing blind.
    09-21-17 12:20 AM
    Let's hope that the 64gb KEYone doesn't have the poor reception issues that the black tcl made indian KEYone devices have.

An advantage to getting it in Aus in November or so is that there will be plenty of chatter about its pros and cons here on crackberry by those who've purchased it from available countries in sept/oct.

Hmmm. I have an Indian TCL device here on Telstra that I carry around with my personal iPhone 6 on Telstra. Never noticed an issue with reception on the Keyone. It is my main phone and I've never had to try the iPhone as a backup.

I'll look out for it though I guess.
    09-21-17 01:03 AM
    everything seems fine now, but original one was fine for the first six weeks. Time will tell
    Some bad news. The letter O is making the squeak on the keyboard.... Why is this happening.. I can't be bothered going back and getting another replacement. I have come to the conclusion all keyboards are like this and have a squeak somewhere. I think this must be due to moisture or something getting under the key. I'm just going to sit this one through.
    09-21-17 01:09 AM
    Hmmm. I have an Indian TCL device here on Telstra that I carry around with my personal iPhone 6 on Telstra. Never noticed an issue with reception on the Keyone. It is my main phone and I've never had to try the iPhone as a backup.

I'll look out for it though I guess.
    Interesting, I know two persons in india with the black tcl indian made KEYone devices who both have problems with phone reception issues. The caller at the other end of the line says they fade in and out much of the time.

Also there are posts here on cb about it.
    09-21-17 01:09 AM
    Some bad news. The letter O is making the squeak on the keyboard.... Why is this happening.. I can't be bothered going back and getting another replacement. I have come to the conclusion all keyboards are like this and have a squeak somewhere. I think this must be due to moisture or something getting under the key. I'm just going to sit this one through.
    Bummer. Poor quality keyboards I believe
    09-21-17 01:12 AM

Interesting. Could be bad reception or quality of network they were on. Haven't had any reception issues in Australia.

Since I have tasted it, I don't mind if I have to wait to get a local one. Are we sure it's coming in November?
    09-21-17 01:29 AM
    Interesting. Could be bad reception or quality of network they were on. Haven't had any reception issues in Australia.

Since I have tasted it, I don't mind if I have to wait to get a local one. Are we sure it's coming in November?
    Re black KEYone in November, not sure, just the article I linked a few posts back, and some other articles on line.

You know the two indian people I refer to re poor inidan tcl built phone reception issues. It's definitely the phone, not the network.
    09-21-17 01:42 AM
    Re black KEYone in November, not sure, just the article I linked a few posts back, and some other articles on line.

You know the two indian people I refer to re poor phone reception issues. It's definitely the phone, not the network.
    I'll have sometime till I play with my new toy.

As for reception, can be any device. I remember people with Silver one also having reception issues. So we can't generalise it.
    09-21-17 01:44 AM
    I'll have sometime till I play with my new toy.

As for reception, can be any device. I remember people with Silver one also having reception issues. So we can't generalise it.
    Lol, we can but hope that the black KEYone destined for Australia is a great build
    09-21-17 01:54 AM
    Lol, we can but hope that the black KEYone destined for Australia is a great build
    I'll be happy if it's same as what I had with my original one. Never missed the beat and battery was insane.
    09-21-17 02:08 AM
    Duplicate
    Last edited by TheBond; 09-21-17 at 04:03 PM.
    09-21-17 02:10 AM
613 ... 2122232425