I'm finally back on the Keyone after a stint of 3 months on Note 8.
    And man I missed the battery of this device. Got myself a black one from JB (it's not listed any more on their website, hopefully it's back after new year - you just need to call stores and they can check the stock for you)

The extra 4GB is pretty much required IMO. Only my 2nd day and can say it does make the phone more useful.
    12-29-17 04:03 PM
    I'm finally back on the Keyone after a stint of 3 months on Note 8.
    And man I missed the battery of this device. Got myself a black one from JB (it's not listed any more on their website, hopefully it's back after new year - you just need to call stores and they can check the stock for you)

The extra 4GB is pretty much required IMO. Only my 2nd day and can say it does make the phone more useful.
    I'm thinking of making the same jump. I've had the silver KeyONE in the past and liked it, but now I have a Note 8. The note is a great phone, with a lovely screen but I miss the robustness feeling of the keyone, and miss the hardware keyboard.

How are you liking the change, now you have had some time to get back into it? I'm close to pulling the pin on a new Black edition, however the camera is a concern to me. Any regrets?
    02-14-18 04:43 AM
    I'm thinking of making the same jump. I've had the silver KeyONE in the past and liked it, but now I have a Note 8. The note is a great phone, with a lovely screen but I miss the robustness feeling of the keyone, and miss the hardware keyboard.

How are you liking the change, now you have had some time to get back into it? I'm close to pulling the pin on a new Black edition, however the camera is a concern to me. Any regrets?
    I'm quite satisfied with it however my work stuff works better on Note 8 so am in between selling mine. I've got one of the last few from JB HiFi so am thinking twice as I won't be able to get the one with local warranty.

Overall I found the performance of Keyone BE better over the silver one but coming back from Note 8 you do notice how performance on Note 8 is.

Battery and PKB makes you feel why you like Keyone in the first place. If these two things matter the most, then you won't regret it. Keyone kills everything out there in my experience. Camera isn't too bad. I'm actually quite happy with it in that regards.

Oh yeah, Black is sexy. It's kinda matte finish.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    02-14-18 05:34 AM
    Hey guys...

OZ Waiting room... what are we waiting for? I guess different things. Once a dual-SIM phone of any description (PKB, VKB, slider) pops up down here, I'm buying... :-D

•   Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - I guess my Passport says ... ;-))   •
    02-15-18 08:34 PM
    Is this model all ok to use in Australia.Its the same specs as the normal BE but with dual sim?

http://www.expansys.com.au/blackberr...-black-308912/

Thanks
    Last edited by thegrandmasterb; 02-16-18 at 06:41 AM.
    02-16-18 05:23 AM
    Is this model all ok to use in Australia.Its the same specs as the normal BE but with dual sim?

BlackBerry KEYone Black Edition Dual-SIM BBB100-7 (64GB, All Black) - EXPANSYS Australia

Thanks
    If the band coverage is the same, it will be fine! Any reason you're looking at that model though? Do you specifically need dual sim, or just after the black finish?
    02-20-18 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I do use two phones so would be good to use just one, but I also read it takes the ability to use micro SD so it might not be worth it. But I havent used dual sim before so I might get confused using it. So I am weighing up what to do.

Definitely do want the black though. Do JB have stock of the higher spec Black Edition?
    02-20-18 09:15 PM
    Dual sim is fairly easy to use, you can set separate ring tones and notification sounds for each sim.

The JB Hifi model is not dual sim, but does have the bonus of a local retail warranty which should be hassle free if something goes wrong.

As for stock levels, they are limited on the black unit. The SKU code is 537550. Ring a few stores, ask for Telco and quote that stock code. They will be able to tell you what stores have them, or you can arrange to have one transferred in from another store
    Fred Wu likes this.
    02-21-18 03:51 PM
    Dual sim is fairly easy to use, you can set separate ring tones and notification sounds for each sim.

The JB Hifi model is not dual sim, but does have the bonus of a local retail warranty which should be hassle free if something goes wrong.

As for stock levels, they are limited on the black unit. The SKU code is 537550. Ring a few stores, ask for Telco and quote that stock code. They will be able to tell you what stores have them, or you can arrange to have one transferred in from another store
    Thanks.

Yeh I am umming and arring about dual sim or not, if losing micro SD storage is a killer or not. I guess I can take the 2nd SIM out if its that big of a deal.
    02-22-18 02:36 AM
    I got one of the first batches of the silver K1 from Amazon via a forwarding service. Around Australia day I dropped it and the screen popped off, snapping the display cable. I thought I would post my experiences for those that are concerned.

I called the number listed on the BlackBerry Mobile website. As noted by someone previously, this directs to a call centre in Mexico. The site lists operating hours but you can basically ignore those... just ring the US number outside of normal hours. In fact this is preferable since sticking to AU times means you get the overnight shift and the "I'll have to get the manager to call you back when he's in tomorrow". I obviously found this out the hard way. Anyway, after spending some time playing telephone tag, and biting the bullet to stay up to ring during MX business hours, they basically told me to contact Roadhound directly.

I called Roadhound, told them the situation and the provenance of my K1. They took my details, pretty much immediately emailed me a Toll connote and told me to ring Toll to get a courier to pick up the phone. They basically weren't concerned that my K1 was not local, but they did ask me to pack the proof of purchase.

Roadhound are pretty good but you do need to be proactive. I waited about a week with no contact so I called them, only then finding out that they were waiting on a display cable. I complained and negotiated with them a bit and eventually they agreed to send me a replacement. Then they called and said they had no silver ones so they ended up sending me a black edition (on which I am now happily typing this post).

Incidentally, and I know it's early days, but I do find the BE much snappier and more usable than the silver version.

So, the TL;DR version is that your overseas model K1 is covered by local warranty in AU. Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by jaqoozi; 03-02-18 at 10:04 PM.
    03-02-18 08:30 AM
    Thanks for sharing!!! I like the ending...Enjoy 64GB black one!
    03-10-18 05:56 AM
    HI Fellow Aus bb fans. I have an 64GB Dual Sim black Keyone - Amazon India delivery - had from new (Sept 2017) that I am about to drop onto ebay. Can't do the two phone thing anymore and I have too much apple crap. It was post screen lifting scandal. Nice a solid (and black) minor scuff bottom right. Can send pics. Im in Melbourne - meet up would be great.

Anyone interested in a great condition Keyone, let me know. I guess send me a PM. Im hoping this is OK to post.
    05-01-18 08:15 PM
    Dicksmith.com.au has Keyone Silver edition in stock. 😉 check it out.
    05-02-18 07:01 AM
613 ... 232425