Pretty disappointing they haven't fixed the notification bug they introduced.
    08-15-17 09:22 AM
    I had to make it look for the update twice but then it came down. it fixed my Bluetooth Microsoft sync issue I was finally able to make a 20 minute call with no drop outs. Whoot!
    08-15-17 09:24 AM
    What's the version of the BlackBerry Launcher app? 1.1.5.7163 or something newer?
    The 1.1.5.7163 I had previously installed was not replaced with anything newer.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    08-15-17 09:29 AM
    What's the version of the BlackBerry Launcher app? 1.1.5.7163 or something newer?
    Still 1.1.5.7163
    08-15-17 09:47 AM
    Background process / notifications bug remains unresolved.
    Background process clearly has not been fixed as I've tried Radio, Poweramp and The Weather Channel and they still close.

Notifications MAY have been fixed or it could be app by app basis, as I have gotten a USA Today and a CNN notification after doing a clear all. Will continue monitoring throughout the day.
    08-15-17 10:39 AM
    Background process clearly has not been fixed as I've tried Radio, Poweramp and The Weather Channel and they still close.

Notifications MAY have been fixed or it could be app by app basis, as I have gotten a USA Today and a CNN notification after doing a clear all. Will continue monitoring throughout the day.
    If it's app by app then I'd like a whitelist :P
    08-15-17 11:06 AM
    It could have been a fluke. Since posting that, my Priv got 1 notification from CNN that the KEYone didn't get. WTH Blackberry.
    08-15-17 11:27 AM
    Got mine (AAN517) early this morning between the time I went to sleep at 1am and 7:45am when I got up. When I checked my battery info the part of the line where it breaks off was probably around 4am PST.

I'm on an unlocked NA version from TCL which is a KEYone Crackberry Meet Device.

August update where are you?-screenshot_20170815-075037.jpgAugust update where are you?-screenshot_20170815-075145.jpg
    08-15-17 11:51 AM
    I just downloaded it on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Bought through Best Buy. USA
    08-15-17 12:34 PM
    Although it's clear (according this post) that the notifications issue is not solved in the upgrade, I want to see and try it for myself.
    I pay too much for this phone, and the notifications are too important (to me) to linger like this. It gives additional business-stress to have unreliable notifications.
    As for now: Blackberry KeyOne = Blackberry PITA
    megafan2000 likes this.
    08-15-17 01:12 PM
    KEYone, Amazon, T-Mobile USA, AAN517, 473.1 MB
    08-15-17 01:12 PM
    Looking like it was a fluke. New York Times didn't push about 15 minutes ago. CNN and USA Today pushed 1 earlier in the morning and and didn't push 1 later on.

So by the looks of it - AAN517 August 5 - has done nothing to improve or worsen the notifications/background bug.
    08-15-17 01:56 PM
    Still sitting on AAL093. Never gotten an update, ever!
    08-15-17 02:11 PM
    Got the AAN517 today. Bought from Amazon and using it on AT&T. Also, I have never had any notification issues or any other that I've noticed with the July update.
    08-15-17 02:52 PM
    CDMA Keyone:

May update where are you?

June update where are you?

July update where are you?

August update - who am I kidding!!!!!
    08-15-17 02:57 PM
    I had to make it look for the update twice but then it came down. it fixed my Bluetooth Microsoft sync issue I was finally able to make a 20 minute call with no drop outs. Whoot!
    i will see how it works with my Audi A4 and SQ5
    08-15-17 03:07 PM
    Got the AAN517 today. Bought from Amazon and using it on AT&T. Also, I have never had any notification issues or any other that I've noticed with the July update.
    Apparently you've got the same variant that the BlackBerry Android software team is using to test their releases.
    08-15-17 04:19 PM
    Downloading it now. What are the chances that they fixed the sym tray thing or maybe gave an option to choose?
    08-16-17 12:52 AM
    UGH!! Ok, so, good news and bad news. Good news, is they have once again fixed the sym tray thing, so now it goes away like it should once you choose one. Bad news is, they've introduced a new bug. On the home page, I have NO icons. I have everything I use often set to shortcuts. Without any icons, there are no page dots. The dots on the bottom of your homepage above the app drawer icon. Without any icons there should be no dots. Now, there's ONE stupid dot there... If I open the launcher settings and exit, the dot disappears, but the moment I switch to an app and back to the homescreen, that stupid freakin' dot is there...

Ok, so not quite as important as the notifications thing, but mine hasn't had that issue. So I guess at least there's that...
    08-16-17 01:19 AM
    Pretty disappointing they haven't fixed the notification bug they introduced.
    What's the notification bug exactly on your guys keyone? I bought in Australia, and I don't think I have issues with notifications.
    08-16-17 02:21 AM
    What's the notification bug exactly on your guys keyone? I bought in Australia, and I don't think I have issues with notifications.
    A majority of apps stopped pushing notifications ever since the June update. You probably just don't notice it. If you downloaded a June or later update - you have it.
    08-16-17 06:43 AM
    A majority of apps stopped pushing notifications ever since the June update. You probably just don't notice it. If you downloaded a June or later update - you have it.
    Then I think at least all the apps that I want them to push notifications have no issues.

Gmail , Hotmail , working email , wechat , Facebook have no issue at all.

BBC news , Reuters , Google news is had no issue.

However I do wonder why no more from wall Street journals.

I bought the phone in July and had July update straight away when I registered my phone.
    08-16-17 07:02 AM
    Then I think at least all the apps that I want them to push notifications have no issues.

Gmail , Hotmail , working email , wechat , Facebook have no issue at all.

BBC news , Reuters , Google news is had no issue.

However I do wonder why no more from wall Street journals.

I bought the phone in July and had July update straight away when I registered my phone.
    At least for me - apps that I personally noticed that stopped giving me notifications unless they were open - CNN, USA Today, New York Times, NBC4NY, ESPN, Twitter, Venmo, Paypal, eBay, Fandango and Daily Horoscope.
    08-16-17 07:47 AM
    This does not appear to be completely true. There appears to be a few PRD models that are not being affected by the notification bug but are on the same OS.

@Bla1ze has blackberry at least acknowledged the notification issue? it's been pretty long to have such a bad issue
    Not that I'm aware of. But, despite the amount of folks here with it, it does seem as though it's a bit of a hard one to lock down in terms of replication. I have 3 KEYones here and only 1 is exhibiting the behavior and all are on the same OS. :/
    08-16-17 08:01 AM
    This does not appear to be completely true. There appears to be a few PRD models that are not being affected by the notification bug but are on the same OS.
    I think they are all affected. Bla1ze just stays up all night and gets delirious.
    08-16-17 08:10 AM
55 123