Hi,

I still have not received the August update on my unlocked Keyone. I thought I would have seen a few posts but as there arent many I wondered if it was just me!

Anyone else in the UK got the update on an unlocked device?

Cheers
    booker1953 likes this.
    09-01-17 11:27 AM
    nope, nothing as yet
    09-01-17 11:29 AM
    I used the autoloader AAN358 as I came to realize my CPW keyone gets updates a month or so after they are first pushed to factory unlocked devices. it's really frustrating, but hey thank the Lord for autoloaders
    09-01-17 11:31 AM
    I used the autoloader AAN358 as I came to realize my CPW keyone gets updates a month or so after they are first pushed to factory unlocked devices. it's really frustrating, but hey thank the Lord for autoloaders
    I thought only carriers delayed the updates, I didnt think CPW would on a SIM free phone?
    09-01-17 11:35 AM
    I thought only carriers delayed the updates, I didnt think CPW would on a SIM free phone?
    It wasn't Sim free. I got it on contract for 24 months
    09-01-17 11:38 AM
    I have been keeping an eye out but as far as I can tell, not a single KEYone purchased in the UK has the August security update. Of course, this could be wrong, but so far no sign of it.

My UK KEYone doesn't have the update either, and I am on a Dutch carrier that has released the update to other Dutch KEYones..
    09-01-17 11:41 AM
    My USA CDMA KeyOne is still sitting at April, AAL093.......
    09-01-17 11:46 AM
    I was just going to post that exact same comment. Wonder what the holdup is???
    09-01-17 02:17 PM
    whatever the hold up is it needs sorting because the pushing of updates is ridiculously slow. unless maybe they're working on Oreo?
    09-01-17 02:50 PM
    I though all CPW device are unlocked.
    09-01-17 03:15 PM
    April I wonder if it was one of those with the screen issue
    09-01-17 03:17 PM
    I have been using AAN358 on my USA CDMA KeyOne for awhile with minimal issues. You can find the link here if you desire to try a change. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=204896
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-17 08:18 PM
    April I wonder if it was one of those with the screen issue
    No screen issue (so far), build date is sometime in June - I think.

Came with AAL093, never had any update pushed to it.

To be fair, the one thing I have NOT tried is to remove the VZW SIM and try to get it via Wi-Fi, but I am concerned about how flimsy the SIM tray is....
    09-05-17 06:22 AM
    I have been using AAN358 on my USA CDMA KeyOne for awhile with minimal issues. You can find the link here if you desire to try a change. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=204896
    Thanks! May try that out..
    09-05-17 06:24 AM
    My case was escalated to BlackBerry by BlackBerry Mobile. Here is their response:

Securing our customers’ communications channels and protecting their data is a responsibility BlackBerry takes very seriously. To this end, BlackBerry regularly releases security patches that help ensure our customers’ peace of mind. Though rare, patches are sometimes delayed as we work to ensure our software is complete, fully-tested, integrated, implemented, and ultimately deployed to all of our customers.

While we apologize for the current delay, we also want you to know that we are committed to getting it right and will not release a patch until we are certain that its rollout will improve security without compromising the end-user experience.

Please note that the August security update will be launched together with the September update by the middle of this month.

We are so sorry for this inconvenience.

We remain available for further questions.

Thank you for understanding.
    Quite a suggestive and helpful response (to me at least). Almost sounds as if there indeed is a problem with the August update? Will be looking forward to the September update then!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-17 05:33 AM
    My case was escalated to BlackBerry by BlackBerry Mobile. Here is their response:

Quite a suggestive and helpful response (to me at least). Almost sounds as if there indeed is a problem with the August update? Will be looking forward to the September update then!
    At least the DTEK60 's are experiencing problems with an update that was pushed yesterday...
    09-06-17 05:41 AM
    At least the DTEK60 's are experiencing problems with an update that was pushed yesterday...
    Yes I noticed that too. Seems like there is definitely something going on... well, almost half September anyway!
    tubularbell likes this.
    09-06-17 06:09 AM
    No screen issue (so far), build date is sometime in June - I think.

Came with AAL093, never had any update pushed to it.

To be fair, the one thing I have NOT tried is to remove the VZW SIM and try to get it via Wi-Fi, but I am concerned about how flimsy the SIM tray is....
    Until two days ago, I had a Tmobile sim card in my cdma KeyOne and the update was NOT available each time I checked.

It was not available last night with the Verizon sim in.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-06-17 11:26 AM

Thanks for posting this. Yes, it does seem like possibly the Notification Bug might have held things up. But that is speculation on my part. Hopefully, they fix that issue and offer us the Security update, too.
    09-06-17 11:31 AM
    Somehow I doubt that the update will arrive mid September rumour has it BlackBerry Oriel will be arriving
    09-06-17 12:13 PM
    Until two days ago, I had a Tmobile sim card in my cdma KeyOne and the update was NOT available each time I checked.

It was not available last night with the Verizon sim in.
    I just checked as well, nada.

Have you tried on the device with NO SIM in, just on Wi-Fi?

I have not - yet.... If the delayed Aug/Sept patch comes out and I still don't get it, then I will pull the SIM.

BTW, I checked again and my build date is June 08
    09-06-17 12:22 PM
    I just checked as well, nada.

Have you tried on the device with NO SIM in, just on Wi-Fi?

I have not - yet.... If the delayed Aug/Sept patch comes out and I still don't get it, then I will pull the SIM.

BTW, I checked again and my build date is June 08
    I can't remember if I tried with no sim. I might have when I first got it but that was end of June.

I'm curious about loading an OS as mentioned above. Not done anything so experimental in a while! (g)
    09-06-17 01:04 PM
    When I go to that link, see a Folder with three zip files, each about 2gigs. Which one or all does one use? Thanks in advance.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-06-17 01:06 PM
    When I go to that link, see a Folder with three zip files, each about 2gigs. Which one or all does one use? Thanks in advance.
    And is this a way to have the device NOT wipe itself as opposed to the BBMobile downloader tool?
    09-06-17 01:21 PM
    I can't remember if I tried with no sim. I might have when I first got it but that was end of June.

I'm curious about loading an OS as mentioned above. Not done anything so experimental in a while! (g)
    I agree, WAY out of practice there...

I am concerned that if I try this by removing the SIM (and there is no guarantee that would even work) would it damage the SIM or the tray or both....
    09-06-17 01:22 PM
30 12