..... had my Verizon/Samsung update on the 1st.

Granted I've only had this S7 for three weeks, so have no idea of their update "history". Just know that when I got it there was a July security patch to install and that at 6AM on the 1st of August I had the August patch. For a year old phone that's on Verizon's network... I was pleasantly surprised.

And it's pretty clear from the Aurora update history that the OEM has a lot to say about updates.... once BlackBerry pushes out something.
    You're getting the same month patch on the first of the month? My carrier keeps giving me last month's patch on the first for my S8+.

And did anyone seriously expect the Aurora to have an update schedule? I'm amazed they went from 7.0 to 7.1.
    08-03-17 08:03 AM
    You're getting the same month patch on the first of the month? My carrier keeps giving me last month's patch on the first for my S8+.

And did anyone seriously expect the Aurora to have an update schedule? I'm amazed they went from 7.0 to 7.1.
    I did for August... as I said only had it a few weeks, don't really expect this every month. With my Droid on Verizon it was generally a quarterly update that was a month or two behind once they issued it.

Aurora is a BlackBerry Android and updates where one of the big "claims to fame", don't remember BB Merah Putih have any disclaimers. But no didn't expect it as BB Merah Putih to care about security or updates. Theirs was simply a desire to profit from the name (still a lot of BlackBerries in that market). Like many they overlooked WHY people were using those older BBOS BlackBerries.... and WHY today's' BlackBerries don't meet those same needs.
    08-03-17 09:28 AM
    The affect of that checkin sequence is almost instantaneous.
    Well, it might have been instantaneous!!!!! I'm still at the April update and I checked and I'm still at the April update. So whatever it did instantaneously did NOTHING!!!!!
    giantrobo likes this.
    08-03-17 02:58 PM
    Yeah, it did nothing for me, still waiting for the update
    08-03-17 03:05 PM
    Well, it might have been instantaneous!!!!! I'm still at the April update and I checked and I'm still at the April update. So whatever it did instantaneously did NOTHING!!!!!
    All checkin does is eliminate the poll time if the device has already been whitelisted for the update. It won't do a thing if you're not set to receive it.
    08-03-17 05:45 PM
    Unlocked Priv, stuck on June update. Hoping to skip July and go to August
    08-03-17 07:01 PM
    how do we know about updates and where do I find them on the phone?
    08-03-17 08:54 PM
    Or even the May patch if your one of the lucky Verizon K1 owners...
    Don't worry! You have the most secure android phone with a February security patch!
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    08-03-17 10:14 PM
    how do we know about updates and where do I find them on the phone?
    I got a notification on the upper left of my phone. Clicked on it and it took me to the Updates App where I had an update waiting to be downloaded and installed. I'm now running on "AAN355."
    08-03-17 10:17 PM
    I received my update.
    Attached Thumbnails August Security update?-12763.jpg  
    08-03-17 10:20 PM
    Woo-hoo I just checked and am getting an update too! Amazon US GSM model on T-Mobile
    Attached Thumbnails August Security update?-33921.jpg  
    08-03-17 11:06 PM
    Got it as well but it's the July update
    08-03-17 11:24 PM
    New build, but July security update. Really strange.
    08-03-17 11:43 PM
38 12