Most of us have yet to receive the July update for our BlackBerry KEYones and some of us haven't even received the June update. Will August be the month EVERYONE gets the latest security update?
    08-01-17 10:49 AM
    One can hope!
    08-01-17 11:04 AM
    as long as it's bug free
    08-01-17 01:29 PM
    yep. so long as they got the bugs worked out. I'm sitting on the June update myself. there were a lot of comments here how the July update was crap, so really didn't miss it.
    08-01-17 01:54 PM
    yep. so long as they got the bugs worked out. I'm sitting on the June update myself. there were a lot of comments here how the July update was crap, so really didn't miss it.
    I saw no difference between the June and July update, so for me there is no crap with the update...
    08-01-17 02:24 PM
    I saw no difference between the June and July update, so for me there is no crap with the update...
    Idem for me
    conite likes this.
    08-01-17 03:15 PM
    Builds AAL964 and above have major problems with background services and notifications. Bring on Aug.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-01-17 03:17 PM
    as long as it's bug free
    It's Android. It'll never be bug free. No OS really is, but some are buggier than others...
    08-01-17 03:30 PM
    It's Android. It'll never be bug free. No OS really is, but some are buggier than others...
    you must not have the july patch.
    08-01-17 03:33 PM
    you must not have the july patch.
    I do. What's your point?
    08-01-17 03:39 PM
    I do. What's your point?
    thats what we're calling buggy in the forum these days
    08-01-17 03:53 PM
    thats what we're calling buggy in the forum these days
    I guess you haven't experienced the notification bug, as well as the ever remaining bug of your last used apps (apps left running in the background) disappearing from the list.
    08-01-17 03:56 PM
    I guess you haven't experienced the notification bug, as well as the ever remaining bug of your last used apps disappearing from the list.
    the notification bug in the july update? yea i have hence why i said that. He said in the first post that some still havent received the july update, hopefully because they pulled it from the bugs; not your every day typical os bugs as you suggested but the crippling notification bugs that came with the update.
    08-01-17 04:00 PM
    Ah, I misunderstood you then. My bad.
    08-01-17 04:01 PM
    Whatever happened to Android BB's having Nexus/Pixel level Security Updates?

This is very odd.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-17 05:01 PM
    Ah, I misunderstood you then. My bad.
    It's all good. I just don't understand how that update saw the light of day. I started a thread yesterday and a couple people actually said they didn't see the problem but I'm calling a bluff on that.
    08-01-17 05:29 PM
    It's all good. I just don't understand how that update saw the light of day. I started a thread yesterday and a couple people actually said they didn't see the problem but I'm calling a bluff on that.
    Yeah, at first I didn't think I had the issue either, but then I started noticing it more and more with Facebook and some new apps I installed.
    08-01-17 05:37 PM
    Most of us have yet to receive the July update for our BlackBerry KEYones and some of us haven't even received the June update. Will August be the month EVERYONE gets the latest security update?
    Or even the May patch if your one of the lucky Verizon K1 owners...
    vetteman93 likes this.
    08-01-17 09:23 PM
    I've experienced the notification bug and I don't even have the July update. I'll click on an app and boom I suddenly have notifications for that app. Hopefully it gets fixed in a future update like August
    08-01-17 09:45 PM
    FYI, I just received a email from Blackberry Customer Support as i told them I am still on the April update, they said to "Please try dialing the following and wait 24 hours to check if you received it: *#*#2432546#*#*

I just did and will see if that worked, it apparently is a check in to Google Play, as I got a notification of that.

When you dial that, it will disappear and it appears nothing happened and you dont need to hit the dial button, as it all happens automatically.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-17 10:41 PM
    FYI, I just received a email from Blackberry Customer Support as i told them I am still on the April update, they said to "Please try dialing the following and wait 24 hours to check if you received it: *#*#2432546#*#*

I just did and will see if that worked, it apparently is a check in to Google Play, as I got a notification of that.

When you dial that, it will disappear and it appears nothing happened and you dont need to hit the dial button, as it all happens automatically.
    The affect of that checkin sequence is almost instantaneous.
    kadakn01 likes this.
    08-01-17 11:53 PM
    The affect of that checkin sequence is almost instantaneous.
    What is that for?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 08:23 AM
    What is that for?

Posted via CB10
    Fastest way to check for updates.
    08-02-17 08:27 AM
    Whatever happened to Android BB's having Nexus/Pixel level Security Updates?

This is very odd.
    ..... had my Verizon/Samsung update on the 1st.

Granted I've only had this S7 for three weeks, so have no idea of their update "history". Just know that when I got it there was a July security patch to install and that at 6AM on the 1st of August I had the August patch. For a year old phone that's on Verizon's network... I was pleasantly surprised.

And it's pretty clear from the Aurora update history that the OEM has a lot to say about updates.... once BlackBerry pushes out something.
    08-03-17 07:13 AM
    Builds AAL964 and above have major problems with background services and notifications. Bring on Aug.
    Suggest you update your status posts (the ones where you constantly show update status excuses) with such bugginess information.
    08-03-17 07:30 AM
38 12