It's junk. Bluetooth is fine but aux cord. First time I used it I got a warning for listening to loud n it toned itself down. Now I gotta max my volume in the car to barley listen to music. So now I just don't.

I can't get answers online or here on how to fix this
    06-14-17 02:22 AM
    Tried wired and wireless on this with Sony MDR1000X and Bose Q35, sound is mediocre at best unfortunately.
    06-14-17 03:07 AM
    Assuming I'm right in thinking that the quality of the DAC only impacts wired quality, I'm wondering if the DAC could be so poor as to see wireless actually be better than wired on the k1?
    I wouldn't consider myself an expert here, but in that the DAC is responsible for turning 0s & 1s into actual audio, I suspect if the issue is the DAC, it will similarly affect wired as it would wireless (but don't have a K1 to test myself yet). In that sense, and based on the video review above (decent enough speaker output), it seems the issue is more related to amplification chain going to the jack.

As in almost any case mobile, if you want really good sound, you'll need an external dac that also has an amplifier (via usb). Unfortunately here it seems there are issues not just getting 'really good sound', but getting manageable sound at all.

Curious to know if this might be batch related (perhaps people having really bad sound could post the production location/date of their phones?).
    06-14-17 11:48 AM
    I find listening to music through the speakers is disoriented if the volume is at 100% but sounds acceptable at 70-80%.

Audio sounds a lot better through the audio jack as opposed to the speaker however.
    06-14-17 12:49 PM
    I did notice a drop in sound quality when listening to my music in the car through the KEYone's headphone jack. It is a little more "tinny" with much less bass.

I am going to test out if those USB-C to 3.5mm Jack adapters (link below, i found to have the highest star rating) will be a viable alternative. It's only $5-10-ish on amazon and I barely ever need to charge my phone so if it works, it will be a cheap/easy fix

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-DIS...UvbUpU12923707
    06-14-17 02:26 PM
    I did notice a drop in sound quality when listening to my music in the car through the KEYone's headphone jack. It is a little more "tinny" with much less bass.

I am going to test out if those USB-C to 3.5mm Jack adapters (link below, i found to have the highest star rating) will be a viable alternative. It's only $5-10-ish on amazon and I barely ever need to charge my phone so if it works, it will be a cheap/easy fix

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-DIS...UvbUpU12923709
    06-14-17 02:27 PM
    I feel like this is the twilight zone for me! I use Plantronics backbeat go 2 for a wireless Bluetooth option and QJAYS for my iem's and music is loud and clear!!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 06-15-17 at 03:43 AM.
    06-14-17 02:47 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-DIS...UvbUpU12923795
    Interesting, do these USB-C to 3.5mm have a separate DAC then?
    06-14-17 03:29 PM
    I would think they have to, for it to work properly... right?
    06-14-17 06:13 PM
    Yes, it would have to have a dac chip inside, but likely a low quality one (plus w these things, how the chip is used is equally important to quality of the sound output). I had a similar usb-a to 3.5 and it was low quality/resolution.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 08:17 PM
    I have the Jaybird X3's and they sound great with the Keyone
    06-14-17 09:27 PM
    This morning speaker output was quiet. Had to restart the phone to get it to normal.
    06-15-17 09:21 AM
    I have the Jaybird X3's and they sound great with the Keyone
    I'm using the Jaybird X3 as well and they sound very good. I used several wired buds on both my S8+ and Keyone and too be honest just a slight difference and tried different genres. It's not make or break this phone is fantastic. I wish they stepped up the internal sound but believe me I'm enjoying the Jaybird X3.
    06-15-17 12:07 PM
    I often play music without headphones as I sit on the porch with the KEYone, or if I am walking my dogs. I have the apk Pandora app (I'm in Canada) and I think the music sounds great on the speaker. Sounds better than my Classic did or the DTEK50.
    06-15-17 12:58 PM
39 12