I often sync business files to the SD in my KEYone for quick access. In my BB10 & previous BB OS it was easy to copy batch files over and retain the file date.

But with Android it only retains the date it was copied, which makes it out of sync with it's original.

I realize you can individually modify file date with appropriate app, but it would be a boon to be able to batch copy files and retain their original (or last modified date actually) to keep my PC files and my phone files in sync.

I've used "Beyond Compare" for years to do this, and I've discussed it with them, but they can't do it at present.

Perhaps a developer might want to tackle this issue for those of us that rely on file dates for business files (contracts, and other signed documents.)
    12-06-17 01:57 PM
    I'm fine with the cloud, so not an issue.

There was a program called Folder Sync (I think) that I once used to sync data between Android and a PC. I suspect there are options out there already, hopefully you'll get a few options from others not fond of the Cloud.
    12-06-17 02:15 PM
    I would love for this to be solved as well, the killer is when you use cloud backups for syncing and then need to restore. All files essentially appear to have been created and modified the day of the restore.
    FF22 and C_McD like this.
    12-06-17 10:35 PM
    I'm fine with the cloud, so not an issue.

There was a program called Folder Sync (I think) that I once used to sync data between Android and a PC. I suspect there are options out there already, hopefully you'll get a few options from others not fond of the Cloud.
    Thanks for the app suggestion, but as you mentioned, I prefer local and not a cloud solution.

Beyond compare on my PC does the syncing that I need locally, the file date issue in Android remains the problem.
    12-08-17 08:45 AM