Another update: so we’re at 2 hours 39 minutes, 33/100. Also, not sure if this will fix the issue, just out of options.

I had contacted AT&T and they routed me to Blackberry tech support who suggested the soft and hard resets using the power button. No luck there. Then they suggested I let the battery on phone drain, charge and reboot. They were certain this would fix the problem. Unfortunately my phone started on the boot loop cycle the minute I plugged in to charge. So that didn’t work.

They (BB) then suggested I send the phone in to get evaluated and possible $200 fix cost, which I will refuse to do. Again, lady on phone suggested they may or may not be able to fix it through this method. So there you have it and here I am.
    12-30-18 04:00 PM
    Another update: so we’re at 2 hours 39 minutes, 33/100. Also, not sure if this will fix the issue, just out of options.

I had contacted AT&T and they routed me to Blackberry tech support who suggested the soft and hard resets using the power button. No luck there. Then they suggested I let the battery on phone drain, charge and reboot. They were certain this would fix the problem. Unfortunately my phone started on the boot loop cycle the minute I plugged in to charge. So that didn’t work.

They (BB) then suggested I send the phone in to get evaluated and possible $200 fix cost, which I will refuse to do. Again, lady on phone suggested they may or may not be able to fix it through this method. So there you have it and here I am.
    Keep the faith... sounds like you’re doing what you’d pay someone else $200 to do for you. That’s a lot of liquor and lap dances......
    12-30-18 04:16 PM
    Did it work?
    12-30-18 05:44 PM
    Still loading...75/100... believe me; you’ll see a post and plenty happiness if it works.
    12-30-18 07:09 PM
    So 9 hours in, the auto loader got to 99%, then in red letters said my phone was not connected. So, the issue is the rebooting of the phone might not be allowing it to stay connected long enough? So when I called blackberry, although I use ATT, I was told my phone is NOT AT&T locked. So hopefully that gives me more options to revive this thing.

So I pressed the power+vol up and now it’s where it’s been stuck at 880 MB/ 2641 MB still in step 3/4. I hope it is installing now, but not sure at all.

Also, the phone is flashing white light, with the a slight vibration every few seconds. So it went from stuck on “BlackBerry - Powere by Android” loop to what I just described above.

Is this normal? Is this what the phone and autoloader supposed to be doing?
    12-30-18 10:48 PM
    Ok, so either the loader isn’t working for me, or I’m not doing something correctly. Please help, I don’t know what else to do.

My phone keeps disconnecting from the autoloader and it continues to give me an error message. It continues to ask me to click on the “upgrade phone” button and then fails to identify my phone...
    12-30-18 10:57 PM
    stop everything and fully charge the phone before proceeding... might solve everything
    12-30-18 11:33 PM
    Ok, it’s been hooked up to the computer for 9 hours, but I removed it and am charging it now. i’ll Try again in a couple hours.
    12-31-18 12:33 AM
    So about 36 hours since the phone got stuck on this reboot loop, nothing yet.

My phone had a password protect to unlock it, would that stop the autoloader from working?
    If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. This is really starting to stress me out now. Thank you all.
    12-31-18 02:40 AM
    My phone had a password protect to unlock it, would that stop the autoloader from working?
    Yes.
    12-31-18 03:45 AM
    Did you pay AT&T for the phone? If so, I would think there would be an avenue for them to replace the defective device. Otherwise, is there any warranty in play?
    12-31-18 06:35 AM
    Did you pay AT&T for the phone? If so, I would think there would be an avenue for them to replace the defective device. Otherwise, is there any warranty in play?
    I had mentioned that in beginning. My concern is probably similar to OP about not being able to wipe device first. At least that’s what I assumed.
    12-31-18 07:01 AM
    I had mentioned that in beginning.
    I noticed but did not notice information forthcoming that addressed potential warranty solutions, specifically, only AT&T can't help since phone won't turn on.

My concern is probably similar to others about not being able to wipe device first.
    Sure, but if there's a way to bypass encryption and dump personal information, hypothetically, wouldn't there be a way to bypass the password and reset it? At any rate, I wouldn't be too suspect of AT&T trying to steal private content and there might not be any other solution save eating the cost and destroying it. OTOH, if OP were Hillary Clinton, that might be a different matter.

One other thought is whether an SD card is installed and whether removing it made a difference, vis-a-vis a theory of corrupt memory on the filesystem gumming up the works.
    12-31-18 07:17 AM
    I noticed but did not notice information forthcoming that addressed potential warranty solutions, specifically, only AT&T can't help since phone won't turn on.

Sure, but if there's a way to bypass encryption and dump personal information, hypothetically, wouldn't there be a way to bypass the password and reset it? At any rate, I wouldn't be too suspect of AT&T trying to steal private content and there might not be any other solution save eating the cost and destroying it. OTOH, if OP were Hillary Clinton, that might be a different matter.

One other thought is whether an SD card is installed and whether removing it made a difference, vis-a-vis a theory of corrupt memory on the filesystem gumming up the works.
    I only mentioned as I never really got answer regarding AT&T so I just assumed.....

My concern with AT&T is simply that returns seem to go in black hole and 50/50 shot handled properly. Unlikely compromise, but stuck in back of mind. You guys are far more helpful than me. At this point, my comments are more anecdotal participation. At this point, I would be pushy with AT&T since that only reason to buy from them as even carrier KEYone isn’t WFC and VoLTE supported.
    12-31-18 07:26 AM
    Sorry guys, just got up now. I was afraid the screen lock would do that. From previous experience dealing w. ATT, they can’t do anything if phone is not powering up, period. I did not pay ATT for it, and I have no warranty.

Can anyone help me bypass the screen lock on the phone before uploading it in its current state? I had to have a screen lock because I have work stuff in there.
    12-31-18 11:37 AM
    Guys, gals, I think I’m done... I don’t know what else to do. My wife is sitting there laughing at me saying I’ve lost 5 days of my life the past year dealing with blackberry related cell phone issues... if anyone can help I’ll prob give it another day or 2 before making a purchase, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
    12-31-18 12:09 PM
    Is your device a carrier branded AT&T KEYone on AT&T service now? If so, then I’d push issue with AT&T tech support to get to level 2 support and tell rep your device got stuck loading ABM658 so you need help.
    12-31-18 12:17 PM
    I’m at the end of my rope, i’ll Give that a try, but not optimistic about it. Don’t want to get my hopes up. I couldn’t imagine NOT using the screen lock feature which appears to be an obstacle to this process. So is everyone that’s had this problem and fixed it running around with open phones? There’s got to be a way...
    12-31-18 01:59 PM
    Sorry, I didn’t answer the question. I am on ATT network, device is NOT ATT branded. Nonetheless, they’re suggesting they will push the suggested update through to my phone. Not quite sure how that will work if it doesn’t stay on and I’ve been fiddling with the SIM card when I moved it to my back up phone.

So I guess my question stays open: if someone has this issue that i’m Having and had their screen locked...how did they fix it?
    Or do people really use devices without a screen lock? That sounds unrealistic to me.
    12-31-18 03:08 PM
    So... this might be my second to final post, the auto loader again connected to my phone and this time the phone appears to be completely dead. Nothing works on it... not even white flashing light anymore. Not sure what’s next.... I think it’s officially bricked. Could this really be?
    12-31-18 04:19 PM
    Phone is officially dead from my perspective. It’s beem sitting not doing anything for past 4 hours, unless i’m Missing something I’m done with Blackberries. Wife doesn’t seem to have these stupid issues and I’m tired of losing time. This is dmurillo3, final posting on crack berry, over and out.
    12-31-18 07:46 PM
    Phone is officially dead from my perspective. It’s beem sitting not doing anything for past 4 hours, unless i’m Missing something I’m done with Blackberries. Wife doesn’t seem to have these stupid issues and I’m tired of losing time. This is dmurillo3, final posting on crack berry, over and out.
    Hold on until @conite able to chime in....
    12-31-18 07:50 PM
    Ok thank you and Happy New Year

Posted via CB10
    12-31-18 10:56 PM
    Have you removed the sd memory card? I had a similar problem with my Keyone and tried all the usual stuff. So I removed the sd mem card (which somehow turned out to be corrupt) and then my Keyone powered up perfectly.
    01-01-19 04:25 AM
    this works on most android fones
    01-01-19 05:36 AM
63 123