Anyone ever dealt with them before? Since I've got the popup screen and the dead secondary microphone I figured I'd cash in now on my 1 year warranty coverage I also purchased for BBK1 at the time I was doing the buy it now eBay auction for it.

Can anyone say whether they'd let me pay a lil extra and get the black edition keyone? I really see no sense at all in getting another BB100-1 since all that'd happen is I'd get another dead secondary mic and a inevitable screen popup again regardless!
    02-24-18 02:11 PM
    Nope
    02-24-18 05:25 PM
    Using the warranty as an upgrade service??? That would be nice for us, but crazy for them...
    02-24-18 06:42 PM
    Well it'd be pointless to replace it with another broken version, this seems to be the case with this model number version, it's like a catch 22 loophole!
    02-25-18 01:23 PM
    Anyone ever dealt with them before? Since I've got the popup screen and the dead secondary microphone I figured I'd cash in now on my 1 year warranty coverage I also purchased for BBK1 at the time I was doing the buy it now eBay auction for it.

Can anyone say whether they'd let me pay a lil extra and get the black edition keyone? I really see no sense at all in getting another BB100-1 since all that'd happen is I'd get another dead secondary mic and a inevitable screen popup again regardless!
    Does Assurant handle the manufacturer's warranty for BlackBerry Mobile? If not then it would be silly to go to Assurant for a manufacturing defect and pay a deductible as if you'd dropped the phone or otherwise damaged it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-25-18 01:29 PM
    Ask away and let is know!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-18 01:37 PM
    I bought it used on eBay for $337 and paid another $38 for a year's warranty from Assurant. So this is why I brought up Assurant warranty services.
    02-25-18 01:39 PM
    I bought it used on eBay for $337 and paid another $38 for a year's warranty from Assurant. So this is why I brought up Assurant warranty services.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...86cef521b5.jpg
    Then sure, it can't hurt to try to negotiate with them. I don't know how much flexibility they have.

wentouch likes this.
    02-25-18 01:47 PM
    3rd party Assurant insures against damage or lost device and will replace with the same or comparable device with comparable specs and price, if the device is unavailable.

Defects are covered by the company BlackberryMobile for a year after purchase. A warranty of merchantability.

No such warranty is provided by Assurant. It doesn't hurt to ask though, so as mentioned, go for it.
    02-25-18 04:36 PM
    OK, some years ago, I had a Sprint Treo 755p and, initially, paid $5 or $6 a month to Sprint for a damage/loss warranty. Once or twice, I had a problem with the phone, such as stuck in a boot loop while a couple hundred miles from home, and I just found a local Sprint store, which happened to have a 755p on the shelf, and got a replacement "on the road"!

Over the years that I used this phone (until the bitter end), the monthly charge went to $7 or $8 and Assurant took over the policy. One day, I accidentally dropped the Treo into the closing car door and munched it, ded. When I put in a claim for a replacement, Assurant sent me some other much lower featured candy bar claiming they didn't have a 755p, a fairly advanced phone for the time, popular with business people, PKB, FTW. There was no comparison in features or list price. I complained to Sprint and settled for a nominal discount on my bill, better than nothing and, perhaps, reasonable settlement considering cost/benefit of going postal.

So, apples and oranges, somewhat, yes, but consider it a cautionary tale for insurance, in general, Assurant, in particular, that you might gird your loins before pursuing relief from those who are good at taking money but not so much at making good on promised benefits. Good luck!
    02-26-18 08:05 AM
    I replaced a Z10 through one of their policies. It was a breeze. They sent me a new Z10 within 48 hrs and I sent back my broken one within 10 days and paid a deductible of $150 per my plan.

02-26-18 08:45 AM
    They're refunding me 45 bucks, but phone is under warranty at BlackBerry and I can get it fixed there.

They wouldn't honor the warranty since this model had those known bugs, what-a-jip!!! Gimmie my dam money back then! LoL
    psychofox13 likes this.
    03-22-18 08:14 AM
    They're refunding me 45 bucks, but phone is under warranty at BlackBerry and I can get it fixed there.

They wouldn't honor the warranty since this model had those known bugs, what-a-jip!!! Gimmie my dam money back then! LoL
    That's hilarious! Good thing BBM still honors their warranty. Just don't expect to get your phone back in a week. Some users are reporting up to a month turn-around time.
    03-22-18 10:58 AM
    I'm gonna do the advanced returned where I just get a brand new one and they put a $499 hold on my card.

Then next thing I'm a do is get a black 64gb vrsn and swap the internals into the silver and have a single Sim silver 64gb and a black 32gb that isn't at&t.
    03-22-18 11:01 AM
    Looks like the leopard hasn't changed it's spots.

OK, some years ago, I had a Sprint Treo 755p and, initially, paid $5 or $6 a month to Sprint for a damage/loss warranty. Once or twice, I had a problem with the phone, such as stuck in a boot loop while a couple hundred miles from home, and I just found a local Sprint store, which happened to have a 755p on the shelf, and got a replacement "on the road"!

Over the years that I used this phone (until the bitter end), the monthly charge went to $7 or $8 and Assurant took over the policy. One day, I accidentally dropped the Treo into the closing car door and munched it, ded. When I put in a claim for a replacement, Assurant sent me some other much lower featured candy bar claiming they didn't have a 755p, a fairly advanced phone for the time, popular with business people, PKB, FTW. There was no comparison in features or list price. I complained to Sprint and settled for a nominal discount on my bill, better than nothing and, perhaps, reasonable settlement considering cost/benefit of going postal.

So, apples and oranges, somewhat, yes, but consider it a cautionary tale for insurance, in general, Assurant, in particular, that you might gird your loins before pursuing relief from those who are good at taking money but not so much at making good on promised benefits. Good luck!
    03-22-18 04:11 PM