Looking for a bit of help. I have now had my K1 since launch day in UK with no issues and still loving it so much so that my husband has now also got one! Having come from Q10 and Passport respectively we seem to have been unable to assign individual ringtones to contacts. Have followed on line advise about setting up groups, but assigning a ringtone does not seem to be available and cannot find anything in the K1 manual. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    06-05-17 10:07 AM
    Open the contact you want to set the ringtone. Click the pencil to edit the contact. When that form appears, click the menu "hamburger" button on the top right. You should have the option "Set Ringtone".

I'm on the BBB100-1, so hopefully your menu is the same as mine!

PS: You can also use an app called ZEdge to download and set wallpapers, ringtones, notification tones, etc. Tons of user-submitted stuff, and it's been around since the early days of Android. Very popular app.

PPS: This is the standard way of doing it on all Android phones, unless the manufacturer did something different.
    Last edited by psychofox13; 06-05-17 at 10:33 AM.
    E_J_Walker likes this.
    06-05-17 10:12 AM
    Brilliant thanks, no hamburger button but another pencil edit on the BBB100-2 for individual contacts. Can't seem to get that on group contacts though. Will have a look at the app too. Thanks for your help this is what this forum is so good at.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    06-05-17 10:32 AM
    Yeah, I'm not seeing any options for my groups either. Not even in the Settings > Sounds menu. Not even ZEdge is able to set groups, that I can find. How weird.
    06-05-17 10:40 AM
    Brilliant thanks, no hamburger button but another pencil edit on the BBB100-2 for individual contacts. Can't seem to get that on group contacts though. Will have a look at the app too. Thanks for your help this is what this forum is so good at.
    1) select the contact
    2) select the pencil menu
    3) top right, next to the delete (trash) icon are 3 dots
    4) select the 3 dot icon menu
    5) select "set ringtone"

I always thought the hamburger menu was the 3 lines.. lol..
    E_J_Walker likes this.
    06-05-17 11:20 AM
    I am partial to the original blackberry ringtones.. I have my default notification set to SanguineRemix, my dad is set to Spirit, my text is set to Contentment, and my default ringtone I picked something from the default KEYone list called "Composite" although I'm liking "Luminous" too..
    06-05-17 11:25 AM
    I am partial to the original blackberry ringtones.. I have my default notification set to SanguineRemix, my dad is set to Spirit, my text is set to Contentment, and my default ringtone I picked something from the default KEYone list called "Composite" although I'm liking "Luminous" too..
    Check out ZEdge. They might have the blackberry ringtones.
    06-05-17 11:26 AM
    Check out ZEdge. They might have the blackberry ringtones.
    the ringtones i mentioned ARE blackberry ringtones.. Bla1ze has a link to his library posted somewhere on crackberry and I downloaded them all from there.

Thanks Bla1ze!
    06-05-17 11:44 AM
    the ringtones i mentioned ARE blackberry ringtones.. Bla1ze has a link to his library posted somewhere on crackberry and I downloaded them all from there.

Thanks Bla1ze!
    Ah, wouldn't know! First BlackBerry device.
    06-05-17 11:52 AM
    So, no way to change notification sound as a group then right?
    07-12-17 01:46 PM
    Looking for a bit of help. I have now had my K1 since launch day in UK with no issues and still loving it so much so that my husband has now also got one! Having come from Q10 and Passport respectively we seem to have been unable to assign individual ringtones to contacts. Have followed on line advise about setting up groups, but assigning a ringtone does not seem to be available and cannot find anything in the K1 manual. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    10-10-17 06:11 AM
    Looks like there's no way to get this done on the K1
    10-10-17 06:12 AM