Can anyone comment on using the keyboard one handed? How about with swipe typing? Any videos showing one handed use?
    Yeah. I don't have much of an issue using the device one handed. Swype functionality has never been good enough for me. BlackBerry's flick to type gestures are far superior. That said i've been using BlackBerry's word substitution since long before swype was invented. I have a whole bunch of typing shortcuts in my device. I type the first two letters of my staffs names then hit space and it types their full name. Every key near the space key is a word shortcut eg. V and space is Thanks n and space is No thanks. C is roger (a transport industry thing). Syt is see you tomorrow etc.

Will most likely do a keyone video soon. But for now just watch this passport video. The device was strongly criticised for being terrible at one handed use. But I believe my video demonstrates that it can be used productively with one hand by using keyboard and word substitution shortcuts. Most of these features are on the keyone.
    krazyatom and Event4izon like this.
    05-13-17 07:05 PM
    Man passport is great. Let me turn on my passport!
    05-13-17 07:15 PM
    I'll admit android does make this a little bit confusing.
    No, actually it doesn't; BlackBerry makes it impossible to do something i've had no problem doing on any phone i've owned since they could play better than polyphonic tones.
    The Priv can not seem to handle adding MESSAGE and ALERT tones that will remain after a reboot. This is a joke, and it keeps me from using the Priv at all.
    Google added a feature to the clock that lets you use any file on the phone, but i still cannot set my email or text message tones to the tones i've been using on every phone i've had in the last ten years.
    -And i quote, "What kind of Android phone is it when you can't customise something as simple as alerts?"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12757681
    05-13-17 07:21 PM
    I've never owned a Priv so can't say whether there's a workaround or not but every android phone I've owned I've just manually copy / pasted the desired notifications into those folders and they've worked.

My daily driver right now is a Pixel XL (which is buggy as hell by the way) and other Androids I've used are various galaxy notes, all of which I've been able to customize notification / ring tones on.

I hope like hell that this won't be a problem with K1! If it's running Nougat it shouldn't be.
    05-13-17 07:30 PM
    Yeah. I don't have much of an issue using the device one handed. Swype functionality has never been good enough for me. BlackBerry's flick to type gestures are far superior. That said i've been using BlackBerry's word substitution since long before swype was invented. I have a whole bunch of typing shortcuts in my device. I type the first two letters of my staffs names then hit space and it types their full name. Every key near the space key is a word shortcut eg. V and space is Thanks n and space is No thanks. C is roger (a transport industry thing). Syt is see you tomorrow etc.

Will most likely do a keyone video soon. But for now just watch this passport video. The device was strongly criticised for being terrible at one handed use. But I believe my video demonstrates that it can be used productively with one hand by using keyboard and word substitution shortcuts. Most of these features are on the keyone.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback.
    05-13-17 07:56 PM
    Is there any way to set shortcuts to things such as post new instagram photo or update FB status... basically tasks within 3rd party apps please?
    Hub custom view homescreen widgets are probably the best way to respond to social media notifications. The bb10 facebook status instant action does not exist on the android device search. Popup widgets for strava, shazzam, and spotify are really handy. No such luck for Facebook, or instagram.

I have a custom view widget that combines texts, call logs, whatsapp, facebook messenger and bbm. Bit of the topic, but you can do the same with pinterest, facebook, instagram, twitter etc.
    05-13-17 09:13 PM
    Well other than a stuck voicemail notification issue that's driving me round the bend
    Did you find Phone app → 3 dots in the search bar → Settings → Calls → Voicemail → Clear voicemail icon yet?
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-14-17 06:49 PM
    @VeryBumpy
    no jdark theme anywhere apart from the 'BB launcher settings' page. I would like one for the whole phone. Maybe in a future update...
    @babugaru
    Performance is pretty subjective. I came from a Nexus 4 which I had for 3 years. So personally, performance is out of this world!! Depends what you like to do with your phone, if you play a lot of games and if you like to have loads of apps open in your app drawer then perhaps it may not be 'powerful' enough for you. If you are looking for 'best performance' (for whatever reason) then you need to look at flagships. However, overall performance is very good. Look at reviews of other 625 phones (moto Z play), they come out very strongly.
    @VeryBumpy
    Think owners, once they have got their hands on one don't frequent certain threads...
    Have to say the best thing about the K1 is the user experience, which is due to interacting with the PKB (note I come from a android, non BB background). At first I was blown away by the looks and battery life. However interacting with android through the PKB is a lot of fun. I don't understand why reviewers, BB or even CB dont' highlight or even mention this. Guess for regular BB users all the PKB features are old hat. For a non BB user they are exciting and fun. I may put together a video trying to explain this or perhaps just start a new thread.
    Video would be great, pls
    05-14-17 10:41 PM
    I'll admit android does make this a little bit confusing. I don't have a Keyone (YET as I'm still waiting for BBmobile to put them on sale in the US) but having years of android experience you'll want to do the following:

Download the alert tones or ring tones desired to your phone which will appear in your phone's "Downloads" folder. This works best if they are mp3 files.

With a file manager (I'm not sure which is included with Keyone but any file manager will do - I use Astro) copy / paste the files into the following folders:

For notifications:
    INTERNAL STORAGE / NOTIFICATIONS

For Ringtones:
    INTERNAL STORAGE / RINGTONES

That will cause those files to appear in the list of available sounds.

For instance on all my android phones I have the incoming text message set to Darth Vader's "I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing" and the ring tone is the Star Trek communicator chirp.

Good hunting!
    Been using ST tones for years for all sorts of notifications.

http://trekcore.com/audio/
    05-15-17 01:06 AM
    I came from the same device. I've not had any performance issues. Obviously screen is not as intense or vivid as the Samsung, but perfectly acceptable. I prefer the industrial feel and look of the KEYone.
    05-15-17 05:01 AM
    Someone said that swiping up from the home button has been removed...really?!
    05-15-17 05:27 AM
    Thanks. But that doesn't make any sense. How can they have a tasks & notes apps without the option to add a voice note? I guess they just figured there were other more known apps in the Play Store. Ex: Evernote, Google Keep, etc. But still, I wanted a native BB voice note app, lol. Can't win em all :-(

Thanks again

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    Welcome to the world of Android/iOS! Outsource all app development and put the responsibility on developers and users to figure out what they need. No user experience expertise required! That works great for posting cat videos but it means that voice notes and written notes end up in separate apps and can't be synced consistently on a corporate network.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-15-17 08:34 AM
    Saw on a YT video you can set custom DPI right from the settings. Anyone has messed around with it yet? What is your preferred setting?
    JT26 likes this.
    05-15-17 08:50 AM
    Saw on a YT video you can set custom DPI right from the settings. Anyone has messed around with it yet? What is your preferred setting?
    My preferred setting is "Small" as you can then fit more onto the screen than on my PRIV. However, there's currently a bug in the firmware that disables the long-press on the Home soft button to invoke Google Assistant. I hope this will be fixed soon. Until then, I'm running the "Normal" setting.
    JT26 likes this.
    05-15-17 09:01 AM
    All of a sudden I'm second guessing getting a Keyone. I hate the Priv's lag and battery life, but I utilize the swipe up gestures all the time. I've actually removed the three icons that I use from the home screen altogether. I hope they fix this bug asap before the US release, or I may not purchase it.

Can someone confirm that you can still swipe down on the keyboard while typing to reveal symbols and special characters? Would be a deal breaker for me.
    05-15-17 09:18 AM
    Did you find Phone app → 3 dots in the search bar → Settings → Calls → Voicemail → Clear voicemail icon yet?
    First thing I tried... Cleared it, came back when signal dropped... Cleared it, came back... Over and over again lol

Was a carrier settings issue that kept sending the voicemail received signal to the handset... All sorted now though
    mbirth likes this.
    05-15-17 02:30 PM
    I am waiting patiently for my KEYone but the deal breaker will be if an app called MyStratus will run. Would someone be so kind to load it and see if it gives you a cannot load error? It runs one one Priv but not another, and not on a Dtech 50. I am crossing my fingers hoping it will work on the KEYone.

Thanks in advance
    05-15-17 04:01 PM
    @VeryBumpy
    no jdark theme anywhere apart from the 'BB launcher settings' page. I would like one for the whole phone. Maybe in a future update...
    @babugaru
    Performance is pretty subjective. I came from a Nexus 4 which I had for 3 years. So personally, performance is out of this world!! Depends what you like to do with your phone, if you play a lot of games and if you like to have loads of apps open in your app drawer then perhaps it may not be 'powerful' enough for you. If you are looking for 'best performance' (for whatever reason) then you need to look at flagships. However, overall performance is very good. Look at reviews of other 625 phones (moto Z play), they come out very strongly.
    @VeryBumpy
    Think owners, once they have got their hands on one don't frequent certain threads...
    Have to say the best thing about the K1 is the user experience, which is due to interacting with the PKB (note I come from a android, non BB background). At first I was blown away by the looks and battery life. However interacting with android through the PKB is a lot of fun. I don't understand why reviewers, BB or even CB dont' highlight or even mention this. Guess for regular BB users all the PKB features are old hat. For a non BB user they are exciting and fun. I may put together a video trying to explain this or perhaps just start a new thread.
    I like your input here, considering you are not a BlackBerry user and have only been using Android. It's good to hear you enjoy the experience with the PKB and we're impressed by the looks of this phone.
    05-15-17 04:30 PM
    Can the fingerprint reader be disabled?
    05-15-17 11:17 PM
    Can the fingerprint reader be disabled?
    Yep
    Tim-ANC and pooyam like this.
    05-15-17 11:22 PM
    UK'ers,

Several German K1 owners reporting a "wiggly" sim/sd card tray. Any of you having similar problem on qwerty models?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12887130
    05-23-17 03:40 AM
    UK'ers,

Several German K1 owners reporting a "wiggly" sim/sd card tray. Any of you having similar problem on qwerty models?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12887130
    Can't say I am. Mine was stiff so to speak- taking a little more force to slide it out/ put it back in. But having swapped sim cards a few times it seems to have loosened up to the point where it's no longer a problem.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-23-17 04:53 AM
    I enjoy walking and using my phone and Moto360 as pedometers with Samsung Health, Google Fit, and Moto Body. Samsung Health gets steps from my S7. Can the KEYone also count steps?
    05-24-17 01:35 PM
    Has anyone here ever run into their K1 double typing?

After how bad it was with the Q10 and Classic, I'm a little worried about it.
    05-24-17 01:44 PM
    Has anyone here ever run into their K1 double typing?

After how bad it was with the Q10 and Classic, I'm a little worried about it.
    It was also very bad on the PRIV in the beginning. But I didn't encounter it on the K1 at all... Whatever they did, they did right.
    05-24-17 06:38 PM
103 ... 2345