I just checked on my DTEK50, which has the latest version of the BlackBerry Notes app. There doesn't appear to be a way to directly record or dictate a note via microphone.
    05-08-17 09:01 AM
    how is the audio quality and loudness in earphones ?
    and someone with S7 Edge/S8/Pixel, how the camera image quality compare to them ?
    I have the Keyone and it pales in comparison to my iPhone SE
    05-08-17 09:06 AM
    Everyone seems to be losing their minds over not being able to customize ring tones and stuff. I use zedge to download new ring tones on my s7e, I'm guessing this would work the same on the keyone?
    05-08-17 09:45 AM
    I just checked on my DTEK50, which has the latest version of the BlackBerry Notes app. There doesn't appear to be a way to directly record or dictate a note via microphone.
    Thanks. But that doesn't make any sense. How can they have a tasks & notes apps without the option to add a voice note? I guess they just figured there were other more known apps in the Play Store. Ex: Evernote, Google Keep, etc. But still, I wanted a native BB voice note app, lol. Can't win em all :-(

Thanks again

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    05-08-17 10:09 AM
    Does the KEYone have dark theme for the whole phone?
    05-09-17 06:32 AM
    Does the camera app has a clone and time lapse functions?
    05-09-17 11:17 AM
    There are few poor reviews abot performance. How do you feel about performance
    05-09-17 11:32 AM
    I'm kind of surprised KEYone owners aren't more helpful in this thread.

What KEYone feature that you learned or now know really surprised you?
    05-11-17 06:48 AM
    @VeryBumpy
    no jdark theme anywhere apart from the 'BB launcher settings' page. I would like one for the whole phone. Maybe in a future update...
    @babugaru
    Performance is pretty subjective. I came from a Nexus 4 which I had for 3 years. So personally, performance is out of this world!! Depends what you like to do with your phone, if you play a lot of games and if you like to have loads of apps open in your app drawer then perhaps it may not be 'powerful' enough for you. If you are looking for 'best performance' (for whatever reason) then you need to look at flagships. However, overall performance is very good. Look at reviews of other 625 phones (moto Z play), they come out very strongly.
    @VeryBumpy
    Think owners, once they have got their hands on one don't frequent certain threads...
    Have to say the best thing about the K1 is the user experience, which is due to interacting with the PKB (note I come from a android, non BB background). At first I was blown away by the looks and battery life. However interacting with android through the PKB is a lot of fun. I don't understand why reviewers, BB or even CB dont' highlight or even mention this. Guess for regular BB users all the PKB features are old hat. For a non BB user they are exciting and fun. I may put together a video trying to explain this or perhaps just start a new thread.
    VeryBumpy, terminatorx and pooyam like this.
    05-11-17 07:53 AM
    I thought the headphones / earbuds are fine no more and no less then what they usually are like for other phones.
    05-11-17 08:08 AM
    Have you lucky KEYone owners used the GPS for navigating yet--either on foot/bicycle or in the car? If so, which navigating app do you use and is it snappy and responsive on the 625 processor or does it lag? Does the phone get really hot when navigating with the GPS?

Posted via CB10
    I've been hammering it with both Waze and Google Maps like others too... Signal strength has been really good and the battery performance has been excellent with it! I haven't had any lagging or stuttering with either of them.

A lot of people are worrying about the 625 SoC... The ONLY lag I have suffered was when I was initially setting up the phone. I was downloading hundreds of apps offer 4G, setting them all up etc... Since then... Smooth as silk! Really can't complain about the speed of it!!
    05-11-17 09:44 AM
    Peformance has been excellent for me. No issues at all.
    05-11-17 09:48 AM
    I'm interested in getting a KeyOne but I would be coming from a Samsung S7 edge so I have a few questions:

- How does general performance hold up against a S7? I'm not worried about gaming just browsing & apps like snapchat, evernote, mail and stuff like that.

- How is the front (selfie) cam? The front cam from the S7 is wide angle to allow for better group selfies but the downside is that there is some serious distortion that phones like the oneplus 3(T) and iphones don't have.

I can only comment on the speed and usability of the KEYone. Depending on usage, I have had absolutely no hesitation, lag or poor performance. I would rate it as good as my iPhone 6s which I had previously... It handles web browsing, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Spotify, e-mail etc.. all without any fault at all! The battery on it is exceptional as well! Hope this helps..
    05-11-17 09:53 AM
    The ONLY lag I have experienced on my KEYone was when I was hammering it setting everything up. I was downloading loads of apps over 4G (got them all sued up in Play store) and was dragging them to home screens all over the shop and setting up. It got a bit laggy whilst doing all of that, but since then it's been brilliant!! Can't fault it at all!!

Can't give you any specific figures / benchmarks etc as I'm just a normal, real world user. I access all manner of social media apps, e-mail, Spotify, youtube etc... All faultless.. Had some issues with the productivity tab... That was a bit laggy to start with, but has settled down now and runs fine...

A lot of people are worried about the 625 SoC... For normal day-to-day usage, I really can't complain! I hammer it at times and it performs well, plus the battery life is amazing!!

It get's a bit laggy and the frame rate drops when playing high end games, but then this phone is NOT designed to do that! (Not to the point where it ruins the game, but it is noticeable...)
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    05-11-17 09:58 AM

The camera... It really is good!!
    The real word batter performance... Better than I thought it would be.
    The signal strength seems better than my iPhone 6s. Get 4G in parts of my office that would only just get 3G on iPhone.
    The single speaker - louder than I thought it would be.

Don't know if I had just really low expectations because of all the grief I had with my Privs, but so far impressed.

Well other than a stuck voicemail notification issue that's driving me round the bend, but that's a carrier issue and I'm waiting for a new SIM card...
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    05-11-17 10:01 AM
    I've been hammering it with both Waze and Google Maps like others too... Signal strength has been really good and the battery performance has been excellent with it! I haven't had any lagging or stuttering with either of them.

A lot of people are worrying about the 625 SoC... The ONLY lag I have suffered was when I was initially setting up the phone. I was downloading hundreds of apps offer 4G, setting them all up etc... Since then... Smooth as silk! Really can't complain about the speed of it!!
    Good to know...thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-11-17 10:11 AM
    WIth the latest version of AnDROID N, you can use google assitant to dictate a note or even to record one.
    05-11-17 01:38 PM
    Excluding the headphone jack....cant lint/dust get in between the buttons? I ask this because I work for the Post Office plant and deal with a lot of paper dust and was concern if there are big spaces between the keys? Thanks!!! SMILE!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 02:46 AM
    Does the KEYone have dark theme for the whole phone?
    It does not
    05-12-17 03:25 AM

I have a KeyOne and browse this thread. To be honest, I don't recognise half the negative things I read.

I've had quite a few Blackberries, iPhones and Android handsets and in my opinion the KeyOne compares very favourably. Mine is fast, snappy and doesn't feel slow at all. Some apps can lag for half a second as one switches between them, but it's rare and only occurs if many apps are running at the same time. Easy solution: quit the apps you're not using.

I think most KeyOne owners are busy using their great devices and not taking part in conversations of any theoretical or petty shortcomings on here.
    05-12-17 03:40 AM
    Can anyone comment on using the keyboard one handed? How about with swipe typing? Any videos showing one handed use?
    05-13-17 05:04 PM
    I have a KeyOne and browse this thread. To be honest, I don't recognise half the negative things I read.

I've had quite a few Blackberries, iPhones and Android handsets and in my opinion the KeyOne compares very favourably. Mine is fast, snappy and doesn't feel slow at all. Some apps can lag for half a second as one switches between them, but it's rare and only occurs if many apps are running at the same time. Easy solution: quit the apps you're not using.

I think most KeyOne owners are busy using their great devices and not taking part in conversations of any theoretical or petty shortcomings on here.
    As a long term CB reader - I think you are right on with this comment. If the Keyone was acting up for people - this is the one forum you would hear all about! :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 06:26 PM
    ...And that's the deal-breaker for me. What kind of Android is it when you can't customise something as simple as alerts? The software company who suck at software
    Waiting for Nokia at this point.
    I'll admit android does make this a little bit confusing. I don't have a Keyone (YET as I'm still waiting for BBmobile to put them on sale in the US) but having years of android experience you'll want to do the following:

Download the alert tones or ring tones desired to your phone which will appear in your phone's "Downloads" folder. This works best if they are mp3 files.

With a file manager (I'm not sure which is included with Keyone but any file manager will do - I use Astro) copy / paste the files into the following folders:

For notifications:
    INTERNAL STORAGE / NOTIFICATIONS

For Ringtones:
    INTERNAL STORAGE / RINGTONES

That will cause those files to appear in the list of available sounds.

For instance on all my android phones I have the incoming text message set to Darth Vader's "I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing" and the ring tone is the Star Trek communicator chirp.

Good hunting!
    05-13-17 06:45 PM
    There's always been the ability to do that. I just posted at the end of the thread. Android makes it a process but once it's done it's done.
    05-13-17 06:49 PM
    I cannot reach the left top from the Hub to view my accounts with one hand, this is the same with every app where the menu is top left.

U can swipe left like on bb10 but u need to hit the edge. Swipe left is now set to change message status to read. U cannot click the mail icon to change the status.

Actually you can't reach mutch of anything with one hand, without replacing your hand from the typing position! Still getting used to the changes from bb10.
    This is a tip that helps make the hub more responsive. Probably helps more on all touch berrys than qwerty's

Go into hub settings, choose general settings. Turn off the right swipe gesture. It often interferes with swiping right to reveal the hub filter.

If you like the snooze feature switch it to the left swipe gesture. The delete key works better than swiping to delete anyway.

That said I don't understand why there isn't a hub filter productivity style tab that's instantly accessible from within any app.
    Attached Thumbnails The ask KEYone owners any 'question' thread-8420.jpg  
    05-13-17 06:53 PM
103 12345