That's up to BlackBerry Mobile.

BlackBerry itself wins more with ongoing UEM licences - so whatever makes the user happy, makes BlackBerry happy.
    True!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 04:47 PM
    What you say is true. BlackBerry Mobile is somewhat new in the world of smart phones.
    My point is that the news out there is that BlackBerry does not make phones anymore, and people think they are now nonexistent. It is not the issue of how many government workers want physical keyboards, it that they don't have a freaking clue that a Android BlackBerry phone would be available to them (granted, the KeyOne may never get the government approval, who knows!?!). BlackBerry should use every opportunity to let people know - yes we do not build phones in house, but we have an excellent phone with BlackBerry Mobile and we are working with the Canadian government to make them available to employees who want Android with BlackBerry features (physical key board, Hub etc.) and for the general population as well. This is a point that also needs to be communicated when they are pushing how great their software is. They came up short in both the Globe and Mail article and the National Post.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah like the awesome (to this day) sega that went from hardware to just software after failures even though their last hardware was the dreamvast which led the way with e everything we see today like online gaming, etc...

I do hope they come back to BB10 One day with that money from android if they are doing okay, which I hope. Ultimately It's google holding them back with the runtime and a few bad mo es when paying people all that money for just basic android ports was ridiculous!!

Long Live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 12:38 AM
    Yeah like the awesome (to this day) sega that went from hardware to just software after failures even though their last hardware was the dreamvast which led the way with e everything we see today like online gaming, etc...

I do hope they come back to BB10 One day with that money from android if they are doing okay, which I hope. Ultimately It's google holding them back with the runtime and a few bad mo es when paying people all that money for just basic android ports was ridiculous!!

Long Live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Google isn't holding them back...
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-02-17 07:34 AM
    Google isn't holding them back...
    True, wonder who is, EA.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 05:13 AM
    My Verizon Galaxy got the July update last month and this morning I got the August update.... I "think" Samsung is serious about improving their enterprise business.
    Yep.

My 3yearld Galaxy Note 4 got the July update just a few days after my S7 Edge.

Both my S7 Edge and Note 4 have been getting Security Updates regularly.
    08-03-17 05:40 AM
    Here is BlackBerry's response to the original article in the Globe and Mail. Mr. Beard did a good job in his reponse, but again, I don't think he went the distance. There was ample opportunity to mention BlackBerry Mobile - yes, BlackBerry has gone software and that is our connection with the Canadian Government, and we have left the Android smart phone making to our partner BlackBerry Mobile. That is all he had to drop in the article and that would have been enough to make the reader aware there are BlackBerry phones out there!
    As mentioned by Conite in an earlier thread, it is not BlackBerry's job to do that, but BlackBerry Mobile's. Going forward though, I would hope the two companies would bring up each other though at any opportunity they could get when it comes to media!!!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle35897266/

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 06:39 PM
31 12