03-19-17 12:12 PM
    Good read! Positive and encouraging article for non-BB believers
    03-19-17 12:28 PM
    Interesting and agreeable.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 12:30 PM
    Nice find and interesting read. Those future devices look good :-}
    03-19-17 01:02 PM
    Nice article but those future renders, could they be from the old BlackBerry circular bin? Thorstein H called? LOL

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    ItchyHuman likes this.
    03-19-17 02:55 PM
    Thanks for finding this, good read and great to hear input from another outlet.
    03-19-17 05:23 PM
    I've seen those fan renders before. Back around 2011 or 2012 maybe?

Gonna have to dig through the old fan render threads. Using elements of BBOS 7.

Joel
    03-19-17 06:38 PM

Joel
    Definitely seen them renders back when I had bought my Z30. Just hope BlackBerry keeps enough say in what they have what they look like ,at least too making them unique enough . Tired of all these phones looking to much of a cookie cutter design.
    You might want to look on some older Berryflow renders also.
    03-19-17 09:29 PM
    Lots and lots of factual errors in that article. Not sure if it's fanboyism or just sloppy journalism.

A few highlights:

India's (Optiemus') license is for 4 specific countries (which he listed) only, so despite the article, they will not be "making them in India and selling them worldwide."

Also, the KeyOne's hardware will definitely not outperform all other phones, and the price will definitely not be lower than phones with similar hardware. Several such statements are in the article, yet he also states that "they have to get the price right", and still further, he's quoting prices (presumably for the Indian phone, though that's far from clear).

The K1 is a fine phone at a fair price with a major unique feature (PKB), but the author goes to many extremes in the article that, IMO, will only set unrealistic expectations that will later be unmet. It's always better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.
    03-19-17 10:20 PM
    Lots and lots of factual errors in that article. Not sure if it's fanboyism or just sloppy journalism.

A few highlights:

India's (Optiemus') license is for 4 specific countries (which he listed) only, so despite the article, they will not be "making them in India and selling them worldwide."

Also, the KeyOne's hardware will definitely not outperform all other phones, and the price will definitely not be lower than phones with similar hardware. Several such statements are in the article, yet he also states that "they have to get the price right", and still further, he's quoting prices (presumably for the Indian phone, though that's far from clear).

The K1 is a fine phone at a fair price with a major unique feature (PKB), but the author goes to many extremes in the article that, IMO, will only set unrealistic expectations that will later be unmet. It's always better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.
    Thank you. I was thinking I was the only one that read and thought that.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    03-19-17 11:31 PM
    Definitely seen them renders back when I had bought my Z30. Just hope BlackBerry keeps enough say in what they have what they look like ,at least too making them unique enough . Tired of all these phones looking to much of a cookie cutter design.
    You might want to look on some older Berryflow renders also.
    As cool and unique those concept renders can look, the problem is one of practicality. I know that everyone was all drooling over those wrap around screen concepts years ago, but I'd like to see someone actually try to use such a device.

Joel
    03-20-17 12:08 AM
    It's always better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.
    Agreed. The article was sloppy. I decided to read it and judge the article as stating that BlackBerry could potentially comeback. That is all. The reasons the author gave seem ill supported and incorrect.
    03-20-17 09:19 AM
    I remember those too... as I've wondered if releasing a horizontal slider might have been a good idea. Back then I still knew many that were on dumb phone, and those phones all seemed to have a horizontal slide out keyboard.

But this is 2017... I don't wonder that anymore, as most everyone has a smartphone and they have gotten use to a VKB and the idea that slimer is better.

He is right if BlackBerry (or Optiemus) releases a 10K mind-bending flagship BB that beats all other Android flagships priced at 39K.... I expect they cold sell millions of them. Not sure how they would do it and make money... but that's just a pesky detail.
    Troy Tiscareno and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-20-17 09:58 AM
    renders where with BBOS from Playbook, also the CB icon
    03-20-17 11:32 AM
    Landscape slider, hmm, not for me. I want a one handed phone.
    03-20-17 12:09 PM
    Narhim and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-20-17 01:11 PM
    As cool and unique those concept renders can look, the problem is one of practicality. I know that everyone was all drooling over those wrap around screen concepts years ago, but I'd like to see someone actually try to use such a device.

Joel
    Agree with you Joel . It does look cool but don't think it would be good to have a drawer type PKB .
    Have the Priv and l like it but don't use the PKB as much as I thought I would. Prefer the open Keyboard on the Key-One, Passport and Classic.
    Oh and for wrap around screen how are you going to protect it from scratches and cracks?
    03-20-17 02:07 PM
    Good read and thanks for sharing it.
    03-20-17 02:54 PM
    Lots and lots of factual errors in that article. Not sure if it's fanboyism or just sloppy
    Ya think? Lol....good thing I read though the posts after reading the article. I was about to mention a few things myself . Good eye Troy
    03-20-17 04:07 PM

Joel
    Absolutely I've seen the first one !
    03-20-17 04:10 PM
    Absolutely I've seen the first one !
    At least it wasn't that stupid crystal eye cancer render.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-20-17 04:21 PM
    At least it wasn't that stupid crystal eye cancer render.
    Lol....everyone remembers that one
    03-20-17 04:40 PM
    That render was actually submitted for a CrackBerry contest. ������
    Talk about a Dream BlackBerry... Introducing the Anastasiadis BlackBerry Concept! | CrackBerry.com
    03-21-17 03:35 AM
    That render was actually submitted for a CrackBerry contest. ��
    Talk about a Dream BlackBerry... Introducing the Anastasiadis BlackBerry Concept! | CrackBerry.com
    THAT'S IT

Joel
    03-21-17 01:42 PM
    Thank you. I was thinking I was the only one that read and thought that.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!
    03-26-17 04:47 AM