I'm always amused by those who criticize a product that out sells the product they currently lose. iPhone sells more in a week than every BB device combined can sell in a year. Can you say Fanboi?
    Right? And McDonald's sells more burgers than anyone on the planet so they must be best.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 11:56 PM
    I'm always amused by those who criticize a product that out sells the product they currently lose. iPhone sells more in a week than every BB device combined can sell in a year. Can you say Fanboi?
    I'll slow it down for you.. The point of the post is the reason that Apple sells well is misguided brand loyalty. Their hardware is vastly inferior to pretty much every flagship Android from the year before.

I own a 5s (work-mandated), an S6, and a Classic. Hard to call me a fanboy.
    03-02-16 10:59 AM
    Right? And McDonald's sells more burgers than anyone on the planet so they must be best.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, big macs are pretty great
    03-02-16 11:34 AM
    Apologies, my comments were out of line. I have withdrawn them.
    Last edited by Apple Aya; 03-02-16 at 07:24 PM.
    asublimeday and anon(8063781) like this.
    03-02-16 12:06 PM
    I heard a rumor that BlackBerry is working together with Google to make a hybrid OS that will come after Marshmallow. The hub will be integrated into the OS. I got that rumor from my plant. It's very smart.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, a Smart plant instead of a Feature plant? Or is it an AIR plant like an AIR head?
    03-02-16 12:20 PM
    Not to be mean to this thread, but that article has zero useful information. What is the point to any of that?

It's provocative lol.
    FCSC likes this.
    03-02-16 12:22 PM
    Blackberry Central is more creditable than most other websites, given that a least one of the people at Blackberry Central is a blackberry elite member.
    I have 0 issues with BBC, but let's not pretend that being an Elite means anything these days in terms of knowing what the company is doing. Outside of helping BlackBerry push their 'lifestyle' posts from the Inside BlackBerry blog and getting some BlackBerry swag, the Elite members aren't doing much these days. It's not like their yacking it up with Chen, going hands-on with unreleased devices or heck, even getting beta OS' these days.
    03-02-16 12:24 PM
    It's provacative lol.
    You use to be PROVOCATIVE.
    03-02-16 12:26 PM
    I hope this delay of the Vienna means that the device will be slightly different from the renders that leaked a while back.
    Not a 'delay'. As I have noted a few times now, BlackBerry is bean counting and seeing what is going to come next for them. As they always do, they have/had several devices in the labs. Whether they roll on them is an entirely different story.. Remember Cafe, Kopi, etc? Killed in the 11th hour, after having made it all the way into production. Heck, you can still buy parts for it on eBay. And 'Vienna' was always going to be 'slightly different' from the renders as most devices always are.
    03-02-16 12:27 PM
    Based off rumour chat.... if you've been keeping up with the rumours...
    Rumors or stupidity? No one expected it to come at MWC except those looking for a shady headline and those reading shady headlines and believing them.
    Superfly_FR and Frenchman75 like this.
    03-02-16 01:17 PM
    Rumors or stupidity? No one expected it to come at MWC except those looking for a shady headline and those reading shady headlines and believing them.
    Exactly this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-02-16 01:38 PM
    How credible is BlackBerry Central?? Without sources they can say anything is based on rumours...

Posted via CB10
    They always tackle rumours with their own rumours
    I really find it utter useless sometimes...once there was this guy named govind (Dnivog)...he makes rumours in his channel...and central always bring it up..donno what connection or partnership they had then or has something really existed...now anyways its not seen anymore...
    But these people at central, they mostly fight rumours with "mostly" "can be" "why not" "hopefully" and bla bla leaving the rumour as rumour itself

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-02-16 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    They're the cheapest.
    03-02-16 03:52 PM
    I have 0 issues with BBC, ...
    That what she and he said.

Outside my bad joke, at least we are getting more information from you Bla1ze about this new device that is basically blackberry's android version of the classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:11 PM
    Still kinda surprised they haven't just released the Passport SE with the same internals... but with Android.
    Will people stop propagating this for ****s sake? Every single one of the Android apps I used on the Passport except for 1 scaled absolutely perfectly.
    No, it's not. It's "working" but wouldn't pass editors' validation nor did it succeeded BlackBerry quality tests.
    It's not about your apps, it's about ALL apps, including high frame rates and specific definitions.

As a result what you'll get would be an android device missing form the apps compatibility list in play store for most editors/developers (they won't want to spend support time on it). An Android device w/o apps : what for ?
    [Please, consider this as an enterprise level decision, I know you could sideload/download/use third party APKs sites, but it's not what BlackBerry needs. They want to stand vanilla.]

Blackberry Central is more creditable than most other websites, given that a least one of the people at Blackberry Central is a blackberry elite member.
    Elites are not authorized to use their status and information, as anything (and there is few) they'll get in advance will be under strict NDA/Embargo. Besides that and the fact they are indeed very involved and follow the BlackBerry news like milk on the fire, I wouldn't grant them a better knowledge than many of the editors of your favorite(s) BlackBerry site(s). Besides "official" statements/announcements they can relay, all the rest is on their own opinion and personal knowledge.
    ... You just have to read my post history to see how many times I've been wrong !

Edit : and sometimes, like ordinary members, they answer before they reach the end of the thread lol. So; my words in proper English below.

[...] let's not pretend that being an Elite means anything these days in terms of knowing what the company is doing. Outside of helping BlackBerry push their 'lifestyle' posts from the Inside BlackBerry blog and getting some BlackBerry swag, the Elite members aren't doing much these days. It's not like their yacking it up with Chen, going hands-on with unreleased devices or heck, even getting beta OS' these days.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-03-16 at 04:20 AM.
    03-03-16 03:58 AM
    I have 0 issues with BBC, but let's not pretend that being an Elite means anything these days in terms of knowing what the company is doing. Outside of helping BlackBerry push their 'lifestyle' posts from the Inside BlackBerry blog and getting some BlackBerry swag, the Elite members aren't doing much these days. It's not like their yacking it up with Chen, going hands-on with unreleased devices or heck, even getting beta OS' these days.
    Hey they got discount code
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-03-16 05:40 AM
    All BlackBerry has done is released one Android device called PRIV. I own one, it's great!

One thing BlackBerry has NOT done is say anything remotely close to killing BlackBerry 10... and / or:

JC said there is a range of Android devices in the works - none of which have been officially leaked or rumored in any way shape or form aside from a rendered image. Anybody know if that Vienna render was even made by BlackBerry? The one with the different color ways as well as different views is what I'm talking about, it kind of looks "official", but I don't know.

Seems like only general people typing in forums have said anything regarding anything other than what I just said.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 06:44 PM
    One thing BlackBerry has NOT done is say anything remotely close to killing BlackBerry 10
    wasn't there a thread on here with a link to an interview with some one from bb saying that bb10 was finished ?,I'm sure I saw it
    03-04-16 12:35 AM
    wasn't there a thread on here with a link to an interview with some one from bb saying that bb10 was finished ?,I'm sure I saw it
    This one?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-exec-1060143/

*C5303
    03-04-16 02:49 AM
    Maybe because a 2017 Android device with a 801 CPU (from BlackBerry to boot) would be crucified in the media. That's my guess. Even though it would probably work just fine.
    A free android upgrade to current passport owners would please many. It has become a real bother to deal with Cobalt's PLAY to get many of my Android apps to run. BB10 is end of practical life for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 11:18 AM
    A free android upgrade to current passport owners would please many. It has become a real bother to deal with Cobalt's PLAY to get many of my Android apps to run. BB10 is end of practical life for me.

Posted via CB10
    As a software update, it would be too much investment to satisfy the handful of people who would want it.
    03-04-16 11:26 AM
    yea that's the one
    03-04-16 03:50 PM
    I believe in BlackBerry Central. They're as credible as CB as they have inside sources as well. I'm excited to see what the other device before the Vienna is gonna be!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 02:05 AM
    yea that's the one
    There's another one, two days later, in India, quoting another C-level executive, stating almost word for word the opposite.
    Don't mash words... at the end of the day 'market will decide' is the only valid statement IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 04:55 AM
49 12