Hi all,
    Can anyone advise where I can buy an Arabic Keyone please.

I'm half way through a purchase with Axiom Telecom but they're asking for a picture of ID and credit card which I'm finding bizarre to be honest and about to pull out of the transaction.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-17 05:06 AM
    I got my Black Edition KeyOne from AXIOM. They didn't ask for anything but the money. The only time where they need your ID/Credit Card is if you are opting to subscribe with a plan either with DU or Etisalat.
    12-18-17 08:11 AM
    Hi all,
    Can anyone advise where I can buy an Arabic Keyone please.

I'm half way through a purchase with Axiom Telecom but they're asking for a picture of ID and credit card which I'm finding bizarre to be honest and about to pull out of the transaction.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    If you haven't purchased from them before, they may do this for verification to avoid online fraud.
    12-18-17 08:14 AM
    I got my Black Edition KeyOne from AXIOM. They didn't ask for anything but the money. The only time where they need your ID/Credit Card is if you are opting to subscribe with a plan either with DU or Etisalat.
    Apparently this is for international orders for fraud prevention but I don't think sending proof of ID and credit card pic by email is exactly standard procedure anywhere and pretty dodgy process for a telecom company.

When prompted further, they will keep my proofs for 12 months and can't provide a secure upload facility.

I've asked them to cancel the order.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    12-18-17 08:25 AM
    Apparently this is for international orders for fraud prevention but I don't think sending proof of ID and credit card pic by email is exactly standard procedure anywhere and pretty dodgy process for a telecom company.

When prompted further, they will keep my proofs for 12 months and can't provide a secure upload facility.

I've asked them to cancel the order.

Posted via CB10
    Well, here the US, Verizon (at least in the past) asked for Social Security number which is generally something we don't share with vendors. But is is probably both a fraud preventative and a security feature to know who has a cell phone!
    12-18-17 09:05 AM
    Maybe go there directly? Or there are so many options like jumbo, carrefour,sharaf dg and many online sites too!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3057
    12-18-17 09:13 AM
    That sounds strange aswell. The only people who ask for social security number (NI no here in UK) are govt agencies/depts. I don't have any confidence in Axiom's ability to handle my ID securely from afar.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-17 09:13 AM
    Maybe go there directly? Or there are so many options like jumbo, carrefour,sharaf dg and many online sites too!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3057
    I wouldn't mind if you're throwing in a plane ticket?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-17 09:14 AM
    After refusing to email my details, Axiom decided to 'approve' my transaction and are now shipping my new Keyone. Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-19-17 02:11 PM
    Axiom sells the Gold version of the KEYone, which is a silver one repainted I guess. Looks nice but the keyboard frets and BB logo on the back are not gold, therefore doesn't look as good as it could be. And it's like 1000$ for it
    12-20-17 04:05 AM