You are absolutely correct.

My suggestion would then be, to not insult the intelligence of the customer, be they, enterprise user, CrackBerry forum user or even with a big pinch of salt, the general mass population potential buyers.

By claiming that this is a "Flagship device" and then saying that the KEYone is priced in the "Midrange" of the smartphone market, is well:

Not very smart @ all.
    Almost everyone at Barcelona that held and used one said it felt very much like a premium device, a phone TCL could be proud to call its flagship device.

If you only equate flagship to SoC, then I see how you find this difficult to reconcile.
    03-02-17 08:13 AM
    Almost everyone at Barcelona that held and used one said it felt very much like a premium device, a phone TCL could be proud to call its flagship device.

If you only equate flagship to SoC, then I see how you find this difficult to reconcile.
    Lets cut the bull.

In the android world, flagship means:

1. The best specs available at the time (ram, processor etc)
    A
    2. The best screen available for the price

3. The slimmest thing u can build

4. The most bloat ware you can fit into the software skin

5. Lack of SD Card slot, LOL

6. Marketing LOLOL

7. I'm so board of this now, I'm going for a run

Enjoy the rest of the show
    03-02-17 08:33 AM
    Well you are correct in saying that other manufacturers tout their flagship device which does not have best-in-class battery or an SD card. So take your pick.
    03-02-17 08:39 AM
    I for one cannot wait to get my hands on the Key1
    03-02-17 03:55 PM
    $720 CAD...
    Exchange rate says that 720 CA is equal to 538 US, so if I send someone 538 US witl they convert it and order me a CA K1 please?
    03-02-17 03:59 PM
    Before anyone starts complaining about RAM again, iPhone 7 only has 2GB of RAM. no external storage. no quick charge. and mediocre battery life.

Oh. iphone 7 only has ONE button, and no headphone jack.

I realize TCL is no Apple. but specs aren't everything. Software optimization works wonders.
    03-02-17 04:09 PM
    Before anyone starts complaining about RAM again, iPhone 7 only has 2GB of RAM. no external storage. no quick charge. and mediocre battery life.

Oh. iphone 7 only has ONE button, and no headphone jack.

I realize TCL is no Apple. but specs aren't everything. Software optimization works wonders.
    I'm with you and personally I'm weary of the incessant complainers, it's just a gosh darn phone, if U don't like it, than fine, go buy something else. Really I don't care what a minority hate, and endlessly belittle. It does indeed come off as the pathetic troll dribble. It's just a phone. Seems like some enjoy trashing K1 and want to ruin it for those who want to give it a try. It is what it is.
    03-02-17 04:27 PM
    One thing to mention that the 625 is designed to have 3gb , if they were to put 4gb they would have to rewrite the asop to optimize the extra ram.
    03-02-17 04:53 PM
    Guys keyone will be out of stock everywhere just like nintendo switch! So prepare to order when the hit the market!
    03-02-17 05:12 PM
    By claiming that this is a "Flagship device" and then saying that the KEYone is priced in the "Midrange" of the smartphone market, is well:
    Well, I'm not sure I've heard any of the above bold words in Barcelona.
    I may be wrong, but that's what my memory tells me, so I believe this wasn't advertised, at last.
    What I heard instead was : "BlackBerry DNA" and "balanced costs and efficiency in mind". Many, many times.

I believe there's here a mix between Chen's statement and current BlackBerry Mobile offer.
    Some will tell me I'm not in the secret, but I've been in frequent contact with marketing and PR teams at (Chen's) BlackBerry and what I heard there wasn't similar; compatible but ... a slightly different marketing approach. I believe we should know more about this when ads and marketing will be visible (hint #1 : I think it will).

This post has been edited, I've just watched Nicolas Zibell ITW and "Flagship device" is clearly mentioned.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-02-17 at 05:40 PM.
    03-02-17 05:21 PM
    Guys keyone will be out of stock everywhere just like nintendo switch! So prepare to order when the hit the market!
    That's why you register on BB for notice of when PreOrdering has started.
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-02-17 05:39 PM
    $720 CAD...
    More like $735 for this in CND funds.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 06:18 PM
    I must be the only person who was relieved when I heard the price. 499 sounded decent to me... but I wouldve bought it regardless of the price.
    03-02-17 06:27 PM
    I must be the only person who was relieved when I heard the price. 499 sounded decent to me... but I wouldve bought it regardless of the price.
    I had no idea what it would be, I had flash backs to the dreaded Priv pricing. I feel it's wonderfully priced and if it performs as promised. It'll blow Priv into oblivion.

So u can say I'm thrilled with K1 pricing.
    03-02-17 06:33 PM
    More like $735 for this in CND funds.
    Until the price drops to $699.
    03-02-17 07:55 PM
    I'm with you and personally I'm weary of the incessant complainers, it's just a gosh darn phone, if U don't like it, than fine, go buy something else. Really I don't care what a minority hate, and endlessly belittle. It does indeed come off as the pathetic troll dribble. It's just a phone. Seems like some enjoy trashing K1 and want to ruin it for those who wan t to give it a try. It is what it is.
    As stated it is what it is and eventually happens with all devices. I gave up trying to keep up with specs- especially if the battery sucks. The best advice I can give anyone that is excited about this upcoming BlackBerry is the same as before, use "your" own judgment prior to spending "your" money on a device for "you". LOL, I usually disregard the term "flagship".
    03-03-17 09:05 AM
    Lets cut the bull.

In the android world, flagship means:

1. The best specs available at the time (ram, processor etc)
    A
    2. The best screen available for the price

3. The slimmest thing u can build

4. The most bloat ware you can fit into the software skin

5. Lack of SD Card slot, LOL

6. Marketing LOLOL

7. I'm so board of this now, I'm going for a run

Enjoy the rest of the show
    Frankly the masses don't know how the various chip sets and how they will affect the performance. The general masses want to know - can they take a decent picture of their meal or of their kids and post it on social media.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 11:09 AM
    [OT alert !]
    Must admit I noticed that too (after a SW update, months ago), thought I was alone ... apparently not.
    You must be kidding me, you weren't aware that it was an issue for a lot of people?
    Not only on this forum, but also an a lot of other forums all around the globe people are having issues with the GPS module inside the Priv:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12687571

Here are my posts about the GPS issues so many others and myself encountered:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12673691
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12673861
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12689217
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12689528
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12689693
    03-04-17 09:32 AM
    Quiet complaining about the price. It's actually not that bad. When the Priv first hit the market it was $699 and now it's $499, the price will go down in time.
    The Priv I think proves the point about the pricing being all wrong.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 07:09 PM

So called a FlagShip, erh.....? erh.......?
    03-05-17 04:45 AM
    You must be kidding me, you weren't aware that it was an issue for a lot of people?
    Not only on this forum, but also an a lot of other forums all around the globe people are having issues with the GPS module inside the Priv:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12687571
    That's not - in such extent - what I experienced but did notice my speed measure was somehow irregular and slow to respond. This appeared after several apps asked me to use most precise GPS location (with BT/Cell/Wifi). I'm not sure it's a HW problem since it worked perfectly before.
    And sorry, but with 83 posts, I wont qualify this topic as "massive" I missed it though, you're right !
    [/ OT !]
    03-05-17 07:07 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    $549 USD. Exactly as expected.
    Bingo.. and worth every penny now that I got a chance to see and use one....

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 06:09 PM
    I think the the price is good because non chip materials. Ok it is a chinese phone but i think that is a old project of blackberry. I think the Keyone is the last true Rim project to give farewell to the fans and leave everything in Tcl. I hope that in six years returns everything in the hands of BlackBerry Canada, is not ugly strastegy. Good Luck Tcl for you and me.
    03-06-17 06:51 AM
    2. How will TCL convince Police, Government, and Education that Android w/ BlackBerry is must have in order to be protected at the highest level?
    This.
    In this day and age, to convince governmental organizations on Canada, US, and other western country that they get protected or their data is secured with a phone made by a Chinese company is just tough job.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-06-17 08:40 AM
    This.
    In this day and age, to convince governmental organizations on Canada, US, and other western country that they get protected or their data is secured with a phone made by a Chinese company is just tough job.

Posted from my  Passport
    Chinese built device with software provided by BlackBerry of Canada. Sold.
    03-06-17 09:23 AM
652 ... 2223242526 ...