You are pretty much going against the entire design base of the OS. The recent apps screen can just be ignored. You have all of your apps in the drawer or you can put them on the homescreens and setup each screen with whatever widget or apps that you want. Hitting the "clear all" every 5 minutes is not what any user should be doing and it just creates more work for the OS and uses more battery.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-15-19 10:50 AM
    You are pretty much going against the entire design base of the OS. The recent apps screen can just be ignored. You have all of your apps in the drawer or you can put them on the homescreens and setup each screen with whatever widget or apps that you want. Hitting the "clear all" every 5 minutes is not what any user should be doing and it just creates more work for the OS and uses more battery.
    Then I guess this thing just isn't for me. I do not want all my apps to stay open. I want them to close when I exit. It's all good. I feel like I received some valuable input here. The questions I asked were answered as well as others that I hadn't asked. I always appreciate this forum. Thanks again for your time.
    02-15-19 11:08 AM
    Then I guess this thing just isn't for me. I do not want all my apps to stay open. I want them to close when I exit. It's all good. I feel like I received some valuable input here. The questions I asked were answered as well as others that I hadn't asked. I always appreciate this forum. Thanks again for your time.
    If Android isn’t for you, there’s always iOS. Curious if you’ve tried in past and what your thoughts are or what you’ll think of it?
    02-15-19 11:10 AM
    If Android isn’t for you, there’s always iOS. Curious if you’ve tried in past and what your thoughts are or what you’ll think of it?
    Except the iOS does the same thing.
    02-15-19 11:22 AM
    Then I guess this thing just isn't for me. I do not want all my apps to stay open. I want them to close when I exit.
    They are NOT open! They are shortcuts that lead back to where you left off in apps you had previously opened.

And all Android and Apple phones behave the same way!
    02-15-19 11:26 AM
    Now THERE'S some meat. Let me go do that and see what happens...... ****while you wait listen to some elevator music***** Okay, i do not see where I can uncheck apps that I do not want automated. Where in settings will I find this? I went to settings>apps there was no option and opening individual apps also did not have that option.
    Sorry missed one important word here: The Blackberry's Battery app!

There a screenshot for you.
    And btw did you close the apps with that X or the swipe gesture as I do?Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-screenshot_20190215-182517.jpeg
    I have only ever owned a Blackberry. Well, aside from a flip phone back about 10 years ago. I admit my expectations could be a problem. I like things a certain way, and feel like I don't know what the heck I'm doing when it gets changed up. I will gladly research suggested devices.
    Sorry missed one important word here: The Blackberry's Battery app!

There a screenshot for you.
    And btw did you close the apps with that X or the swipe gesture as I do?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190215-182517.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	443016
    I tried the swipe and the X, both work. The swipe may be a good indulgence. "GET OUTTA HERE!! " *** swipe left swipe right*** LOL
    02-15-19 11:28 AM
    Except the iOS does the same thing.
    LOL

I know but, with only two options, if one choice is the problem, always suggest the other as solution.
    hgdfiuwgeifhwe likes this.
    02-15-19 11:28 AM
    I tried the swipe and the X, both work. The swipe may be a good indulgence. "GET OUTTA HERE!! " *** swipe left swipe right*** LOL
    Hehe
    I use that swipe that remind me the golden BB10

Now check your batterie app and un tick the annoying apps!
    02-15-19 11:30 AM
    Hehe
    I use that swipe that remind me the golden BB10

Now check your battery app and un tick the annoying apps!
    Checked the battery app. I may be getting dumber by the minute because I cannot find that page you show. I am searching. How did you get in there? Settings then what?
    02-15-19 11:39 AM
    Checked the battery app. I may be getting dumber by the minute because I cannot find that page you show. I am searching. How did you get in there? Settings then what?
    That's under the batterie app, there screenshots:Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00002.jpegApps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00003.jpeg
    02-15-19 11:43 AM
    That's under the batterie app, there screenshots:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00002.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	443017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00003.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	443018

Here is what I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00010.jpg   Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00008.jpg   Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00009.jpg  
    02-15-19 12:07 PM
    That's strange!

The item should be at top of that screen...
    Which version of the app are you running? Do you updated it?
    And what's about your OS version. Because I remember the time where those settings where backed in the OS. But few months ago, they striped them from the OS's settings to put them under their battery app..
    02-15-19 12:25 PM
    I think the OP is confused on what it means for an app to be "Open" when it comes to Android. Conite is right, you are looking at your recent lists and the solution is literally to not look at it. The apps are not open!
    02-15-19 12:36 PM
    That's strange!

The item should be at top of that screen...
    Which version of the app are you running? Do you updated it?
    And what's about your OS version. Because I remember the time where those settings where backed in the OS. But few months ago, they striped them from the OS's settings to put them under their battery app..

Here is my "about" screen. I just got his phone like 2 weeks ago. So it's fresh out of the box still. I did the latest update. So maybe they took that option away? Not all is lost however. Thanks to this conversation I feel I have become an expert on taking and uploading screen shots, as well as switching between apps an such. Thanks for the practice. :5
    Attached Thumbnails Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00012.jpg  
    02-15-19 12:40 PM
    Here is my "about" screen. I just got his phone like 2 weeks ago. So it's fresh out of the box still. I did the latest update. So maybe they took that option away? Not all is lost however. Thanks to this conversation I feel I have become an expert on taking and uploading screen shots, as well as switching between apps an such. Thanks for the practice. :5
    Omg. You're still on Nougat and 10 months behind on updates.

You have an app called "updates". Run it.

You will probably have to run it more than once to catch up.
    Last edited by conite; 02-15-19 at 02:28 PM.
    02-15-19 01:24 PM

You have an ap called "updates". Run it.

Here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Apps stay open upon exit, how to change this?-notable-00013.jpg  
    02-15-19 02:20 PM
    im shocked someone still had a brand new keyone on a shelf somewhere after 2 years lol
    02-15-19 02:23 PM
    Damn that's seriously old!!!

At this time the setting I was speaking about was indeed in the Apps setting, you have something top right on the screen if I remember correctly for auto launched apps...
    02-15-19 02:26 PM

You have an ap called "updates". Run it.

Is that really the last update for his K1 variante!?
    02-15-19 02:27 PM
    Is that really the last update for his K1 variante!?
    No. AT&T is totally up to date.
    02-15-19 02:27 PM
    No. AT&T is totally up to date.
    Ah ! Good for him.
    He should be more insistant then

Worst case scenario: is the Upgrading Tool still working?
    02-15-19 02:29 PM
    Here it is.
    Consider using the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    02-15-19 02:30 PM
    Ah ! Good for him.
    He should be more insistant then

Worst case scenario: is the Upgrading Tool still working?
    For the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion, yes.
    02-15-19 02:31 PM
57 123