Meh. The announced "available" date is May 31st, it's 2 weeks away, so WHEN that date comes around and you still can't buy it THEN complain.

The idea that you need to play "stand in line" (virtually or otherwise) is idiotic, IMHO.
    05-19-17 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry relies more on the Canadian and India market cause the US is really low in market share for BlackBerry phones these days

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:36 AM
    I got email from BBM confirm 31 date. But nothing else. I guess US just not king of the world any more. That made UK guys huge boost of ego, even with the briexit..i guess the truth hurts, even with the alternative truth.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 10:19 AM
    Alcatel seems to use Amazon as their direct to consumers sales point. But would not be surprised if BlackBerry Mobile doesn't point to a Digital River hosted store too (a little more professional).
    I would love it sale via amazon, hopefully, the warranty works well too.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry relies more on the Canadian and India market cause the US is really low in market share for BlackBerry phones these days

Posted via CB10
    Not true. They got 4-5% of US market share. Not small even consider over all worldwide Tcl smartphone delivery.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 10:27 AM
    I got email from BBM confirm 31 date. But nothing else. I guess US just not king of the world any more. That made UK guys huge boost of ego, even with the briexit..i guess the truth hurts, even with the alternative truth.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you turning this into a political point? The UK got a few thousand units, and that's a much smaller market.
    Last edited by consv93; 05-19-17 at 11:52 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-19-17 11:20 AM
    Why are you turning this into a political point? The UK got a fee thousand units, and that's a much smaller market.
    Correct. The only way to catch a big market is to deliver. That is why some key product launch is coordinate worldwide like switch. Before the novelty worn out. The way it delay for launch in the largest market for SO long is very unusual. Most likely the pre study of marketing and sales are totally out of lunch.
    05-19-17 11:49 AM
    Correct. The only way to catch a big market is to deliver. That is why some key product launch is coordinate worldwide like switch. Before the novelty worn out. The way it delay for launch in the largest market for SO long is very unusual. Most likely the pre study of marketing and sales are totally out of lunch.
    Actually I'm hoping that the UK really just served as a test market for the Canada/US launch. I assume Canada will be their biggest market and the U.S. fairly close behind. Even just 1% of the U.S. smartphone market is a huge number for Blackberry/TCL. If these phones get the adequate security clearances so that enterprise/government can move on from Blackberry BB10 Classics (which I see around town in NYC and on the subway), then this will sell a good number.
    05-19-17 12:03 PM
    When did you register? I and many others received an email today. The when is also on the US website now. Where I would assume is from the same site.
    I just went there recently (maybe a week or two ago). I knew we were not getting the phone in the U.S. until May, so I signed up later. But I would think there would have been a greeting e-mail and some information. Anyway, the site didn't have the May 31 date on it when I gave them my email. Maybe earlier registers are getting information directly.
    05-19-17 12:07 PM
    I just went there recently (maybe a week or two ago). I knew we were not getting the phone in the U.S. until May, so I signed up later. But I would think there would have been a greeting e-mail and some information. Anyway, the site didn't have the May 31 date on it when I gave them my email. Maybe earlier registers are getting information directly.
    Not sure why your email is delayed over others who registered earlier, but the site changed to reflect the email when sent.
    05-19-17 11:11 PM
    Actually I'm hoping that the UK really just served as a test market for the Canada/US launch. I assume Canada will be their biggest market and the U.S. fairly close behind. Even just 1% of the U.S. smartphone market is a huge number for Blackberry/TCL. If these phones get the adequate security clearances so that enterprise/government can move on from Blackberry BB10 Classics (which I see around town in NYC and on the subway), then this will sell a good number.
    if UK is a test market case for Tcl, the logistics and assembly line brought onto required scales to suit the demand is definitely lacking. So far, we only see small qty delivery (everywhere including UK is shortage of supply) , I was expected initial small qty followed by high volume soon based in the 8th largest MFG. Let's see what is best to happen on 31. That will be the true test case for Tcl validate their capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 04:57 AM
    Everything I've seen...which other than May 31st, is purely speculation but what is most often cited is that in the United direct purchase will be available on May 31st for either the CDMA or GSM variant of the device. There has been mentions of Sprint being onboard, but also mentions that US Carriers will not be selling until later this summer.

I guess all that has been really secured is a May 31st date. I guess depending on availability and where the phone order is processed through will determine the ease of purchase and likelihood of landing a device in a timely manner.

For me, it's no longer become a question of buying a different phone instead of the KEYone. It's become more of question of whether or not I really need a new phone at all right now. Pretty hardcore BlackBerry fan that was disappointed in PRIV, DTEK50, and DTEK60. Love the idea of KEYone, but to be honest I've been using an iPhone 7 since launch and like people say...it just works. My company has me on 6s. I'm not deep in the ecosystem system at all, so switching to Android would be simple.

To me the goal really is use the iMore Market Place to sell the iPhone 7, Apple Smart Battery Case, and Dock for $550 to cover the KEYone. Time will tell
    05-20-17 07:05 AM
    I agree. I don't understand where everyone's confusion is coming from. BlackBerry Mobile has been pretty clear about date of sale.
    anon(10101748) likes this.
    05-21-17 01:18 AM
88 ... 234