NO pre-orders for US, US first don't gone happen You allready have the best President .
    05-18-17 04:02 PM
    I'm sorry to hear dude. I'm kinda with you when it comes to this botched release.
    Botched! Disastrous! Failed! Incompetence! Etc!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-18-17 04:22 PM
    I hop onto the Blackberry mobile website and it still says to pre-register click this little tab. I then head to Crackberry to searched through Crackberry news feeds to find out that today's pre-sale is only for select Canadian carriers. Apparently I thought that today's pre-sale was for U.S., Canada, and Mexico not just select Canadian carriers. So now I'm going to curl up into the fetal position in my closet and cry the day away.
    Pre-sale or not, the phone will likely ship at the same time, I think, lol.

05-18-17 04:23 PM
    The worst part is that there is no communication from BlackBerry.

They have lost me as a customer. I'll keep this Priv and see what the Note 8 brings this Fall.

I have yet to even receive an acknowledgement of my pre-registration. They don't respond to those who ask on Twitter. Bad signs. How inept is this company?

If there was communication I can deal with delays. I don't expect blackberry mobile to make it. Sad. Will have to wait for someone to buy their patents and make a decent PKB product.
    "They have lost me as a customer, yet I will continue to come to these forums to talk about how I will never be involved with any BB product ever!" It seems like a weird way to spend your free time, kind of unhealthy actually. You should find a company you do support and head to their forums where you can talk about the products you do wish to buy, get tips for it, learn about it, connect with others with your same interest, etc...

erose75 likes this.
    05-18-17 04:29 PM
    No Carrier mentioned
    Because they will be factory unlocked...

05-18-17 04:32 PM
    So much gnashing of teeth. We waited this long, what's a couple more weeks?

Posted via CB10
    Death, torture, suffering...

05-18-17 04:33 PM
    "They have lost me as a customer, yet I will continue to come to these forums to talk about how I will never be involved with any BB product ever!" It seems like a weird way to spend your free time, kind of unhealthy actually. You should find a company you do support and head to their forums where you can talk about the products you do wish to buy, get tips for it, learn about it, connect with others with your same interest, etc...

Like all spurned lovers, these folks will obsess jealously and call their former paramours unspeakable names. They can't stand the idea that someone else will be enjoying their beloved!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-18-17 04:33 PM
    Some much saltiness from some of the posts. I was clearly making fun of myself which some of you understood while others went straight to , "well it clearly states May 31st blah blah blah". I read both articles dealing with the future sales and in my mixed up mind I combined the two. Hence the post of me curling up in the fetal position because I brought this disappointed no pre-sale pain onto myself. No excuse me while I go back into the darkness and curl up again. As Darth Vader would say, Noooooooooooo......
    I don't think they were directed at you but toward the people who flew in here to post about how WWIII is about to start because of this "disaster, fiasco, blunder, botch job, etc" of a launch...

Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-18-17 04:35 PM
    If I'm going to buy an android phone I'm just going to wait for the OnePlus 5 which is actually cheaper than the KEYone with S8 specs
    Can you trust the OS? any malware lol
    05-18-17 04:37 PM
    Can you trust the OS? any malware lol
    Haven't had any issues with BlackBerry hardening of the M OS on my priv, I would assume the same with N.
    05-18-17 04:44 PM
    In a major development, looks like the "pre-register" link in BBMobile for US has been changed to "Register Now".
    Suspense building up ...
    05-18-17 06:41 PM
    that's only because someone with a grasp of the English language finally found that page and changed it.

"Pre-register" isn't a valid thing. You simply register your email address with them.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-18-17 08:27 PM
    that's only because someone with a grasp of the English language finally found that page and changed it.

"Pre-register" isn't a valid thing. You simply register your email address with them.
    Yeah, but how about an e-mail to the folks in the U.S. about when and where we can/should buy this thing that they want to sell? I didn't get a peep from them after giving them my e-mail address.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    05-18-17 09:11 PM
    Yeah, but how about an e-mail to the folks in the U.S. about when and where we can/should buy this thing that they want to sell? I didn't get a peep from them after giving them my e-mail address.
    When did you register? I and many others received an email today. The when is also on the US website now. Where I would assume is from the same site.
    05-18-17 09:18 PM

And looks like the grasp of English is gone. Back to "pre-register" on the page. lol
    05-18-17 10:16 PM

Don't blame the BlackBerry Mobile marketing intern. He's the only one there.
    Tim-ANC and brunibruni like this.
    05-18-17 11:24 PM
    Looking at the previous launches BB Mobile has not offered sale of a device directly yet. UK and DE are sold through retailers. CA is sold locked through a carrier.

Probably the last thing BB Mobile wants to do is sell directly. Better to sell stock to a second party instead of holding the inventory on their own. The second party will also contribute marketing resources. I think they are still trying to establish a relationship with a retailer or carrier in the US before making the decision to sell directly.
    05-18-17 11:52 PM
    Looking at the previous launches BB Mobile has not offered sale of a device directly yet. UK and DE are sold through retailers. CA is sold locked through a carrier.

Probably the last thing BB Mobile wants to do is sell directly. Better to sell stock to a second party instead of holding the inventory on their own. The second party will also contribute marketing resources. I think they are still trying to establish a relationship with a retailer or carrier in the US before making the decision to sell directly.
    Yes. TCL is a manufacturer. I don't know if they even have a direct sales operation, customer service department, etc.

They are used to distributing products through resellers, so I assume that is what they'll do for the KEYone, too.

Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-19-17 05:09 AM
    Yes. TCL is a manufacturer. I don't know if they even have a direct sales operation, customer service department, etc.

They are used to distributing products through resellers, so I assume that is what they'll do for the KEYone, too.

Alcatel seems to use Amazon as their direct to consumers sales point. But would not be surprised if BlackBerry Mobile doesn't point to a Digital River hosted store too (a little more professional).
    05-19-17 07:14 AM

Haven't they already made the decision that they will be selling direct unlocked device on May 31st? Clearly they haven't secured carriers yet besides Sprint in late summer.
    05-19-17 08:19 AM
    Haven't they already made the decision that they will be selling direct unlocked device on May 31st? Clearly they haven't secured carriers yet besides Sprint in late summer.
    I don't know. Do you have a source for that? I'm just analyzing the launches world wide. TCL/BB Mobile is not selling direct to anyone yet.
    05-19-17 08:32 AM
    I don't know. Do you have a source for that? I'm just analyzing the launches world wide. TCL/BB Mobile is not selling direct to anyone yet.
    Well apparently they tweeted about it and removed the tweet. That and the fact that they have confirmed availability for May 31 in the US. At this point if it was going to be through carriers I would assume those carriers would have already been announced.
    And in the UK it is available direct through Amazon I believe.
    05-19-17 08:35 AM
    Well apparently they tweeted about it and removed the tweet. That and the fact that they have confirmed availability for May 31 in the US. At this point if it was going to be through carriers I would assume those carriers would have already been announced.
    And in the UK it is available direct through Amazon I believe.
    I think a retailer will be the most likely route over carriers. Then again the US is probably the worst market to sell anything branded BlackBerry. TCL might believe direct sales is their best option.
    05-19-17 08:46 AM
    I think a retailer will be the most likely route over carriers. Then again the US is probably the worst market to sell anything branded BlackBerry. TCL might believe direct sales is their best option.
    Either way, they will be unlocked devices likely.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-19-17 08:48 AM
    Guys, it will be here, but I do not think they were in a rush - look at the Canadian pre-orders. If figures look correct one carrier pushed less than 200 units thus far from figures. Carrier support in US doesn't look good, will be unlocked for us to buy, but possibly future BBM products might make it at this point.
    05-19-17 08:54 AM
88 1234