I'm having an intermittent issue on my Silver KEYone. I have auto update off for apps, but get the notifications about updates (my least favorite part of Android OS apps - constant updates - can't we just leave things be for awhile???).
    Lately I'm finding that when I go to do updates, the first one will hang up at "downloading", for hours. Restart. Clear cache. Try update on different app. Nothing. Then, suddenly everything works fine. Good wifi bandwidth, etc.
    Anyone else have this?
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-18 04:27 AM
    When you have 30 or 40 apps, all with different developers or team... all trying to patch bugs or security holes or provide new features... three or four updates a day isn't surprising.

Try enabling updates... reboot and give it a day.

Try going into settings > apps > google play and clear cache and data again, then disable the app. Reboot, then re-enable the app... it should update. give it a day.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    10-03-18 02:41 PM
    I'm having an intermittent issue on my Silver KEYone. I have auto update off for apps, but get the notifications about updates (my least favorite part of Android OS apps - constant updates - can't we just leave things be for awhile???).
    Lately I'm finding that when I go to do updates, the first one will hang up at "downloading", for hours. Restart. Clear cache. Try update on different app. Nothing. Then, suddenly everything works fine. Good wifi bandwidth, etc.
    Anyone else have this?
    I'm with you - too many updates for whatever reason. I must have more than 100 outstanding!
    chrissycee1975 likes this.
    10-03-18 05:03 PM
    Sometimes this happens to me on WiFi. I turn off WiFi then its all good.
    nguyendaovietnam likes this.
    10-03-18 09:16 PM
    One of the things I love about Android - multiple apps that need to be updated every other day because they are buggy and/or unsecure and/or because they feel a need to fix what isn't broken.

I wonder if any of them ever get it right enough that they can go a couple of months without pushing another update?
    FF22 and chrissycee1975 like this.
    10-03-18 10:02 PM
    Thanks Dunt, I'll try that.
    10-03-18 10:07 PM
    One of the things I love about Android - multiple apps that need to be updated every other day because they are buggy and/or unsecure and/or because they feel a need to fix what isn't broken.

I wonder if any of them ever get it right enough that they can go a couple of months without pushing another update?
    Sorry but that would have happened with BB10, if it had not failed right at the beginning. BlackBerry would have kept their own development going at regular pace and all those apps that require updates on the Android and iOS platforms would have needed updates on BB10 too.

iOS is a little better as most users are on the current OS version (unlike Android), and there is only a few devices that all share very common hardware (unlike Android). If BB10 had succeed and if developers had gone to fully native apps... might have been closer to the iOS example.
    10-08-18 03:19 PM