Hello everyone!

Today we got an app from local developer showing what language is currently selected in the tray called "LayTray"!

It works pretty simple:
    1) download the app from market:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...thefox.laytray
    2) turn it on in accessibility options
    3) in the app associate layout name with layout icon (for example you use French as second language, it's name in system is "French (CA)" write it down in the left part and add "FR" in right. So when LayTrey will see that keyboard has switched to this layout it will show "FR" icon in tray).

"??" in tray will mean that app don't know how to associate current layout.

The app only reads the notification you see on the screen when switching the layout. So before first switch it won't show anything.

The source code, if needed, can be found here:
    https://gitlab.com/neothefox/LayTray

Attachment 437550
    Attached Thumbnails App showing what language is selected-93941.jpg  
    FF22 and N3oTheFox like this.
    07-05-18 04:35 PM
    Already updated:
    - auto recognition of layout (however you will need to set the icon manually)
    - visualisation of icon improved (now it is bigger)
    07-06-18 04:49 AM
    New update:
    - Added settings
    - Added "about" page
    - Now the Notification can be configured
    - Now the user would be notified if the service is disabled
    07-07-18 03:38 AM
    Andrei, maybe I'm missing something but I can't find a way to add new layout. I have pre set Russian and Bukv, and button with minus to delete them, but can't find way to add additional layouts. I need English (US) and Serbian, what I use on my keyone. am I missing something?
    07-27-18 01:39 AM
    Andrei, maybe I'm missing something but I can't find a way to add new layout. I have pre set Russian and Bukv, and button with minus to delete them, but can't find way to add additional layouts. I need English (US) and Serbian, what I use on my keyone. am I missing something?
    I've changed how the app works a few versions ago - people were getting confused with manual entry, so now you don't have to add a layout - simply enable the service and switch to an unknown (to the app) layout, it will show "??" as an icon, and it will put it into the list with "??" next to it. All you would have to do is enter your preferred short description and press the save icon on the bottom right.
    07-27-18 03:20 AM
    Recently developer have updated the app and learned it to recognise the layout automatically.

Try the following:
    1) make sure LayTray is turned on in the Accessibility menu
    2) switch language for several time with alt+enter

New layouts should appear in the LayTray.
    07-27-18 04:48 AM