Does anyone have this issue whenever they open an app, it lags ridiculously or doesn't respond and then when I back out to the home screen. It takes awhile for things to load and start responding.

When it finally does, there is this pop up that says "*some app* isn't responding" with the options "Close App", "Wait", or "Send Feedback"?

I get this all the time. I factory reset my phone, and in the beginning it's fine but a few weeks or a month later it's back to what it was.
    07-04-18 11:23 AM
    Does anyone have this issue whenever they open an app, it lags ridiculously or doesn't respond and then when I back out to the home screen. It takes awhile for things to load and start responding.

When it finally does, there is this pop up that says "*some app* isn't responding" with the options "Close App", "Wait", or "Send Feedback"?

I get this all the time. I factory reset my phone, and in the beginning it's fine but a few weeks or a month later it's back to what it was.
    Go into settings, storage, and clear cache. Try this fairly regularly as sometimes when cache builds up, you get some corruption in the files. I usually clear it every couple of weeks or even a every month should help.
    07-04-18 11:45 AM

I lived with that for an entire year. It didn't take a few weeks or a month to come back. It was just a fact of life.

I had an original build, silver unit. Finally the screen detached about a month ago, and I sent it in for repair. It just came back; I don't know if they repaired it or sent me a refurb (I will check my records when I'm back near them).

If it's a refurb, I will set it up again and use it for awhile to see if it behaves any differently. Maybe I got bad hardware, or maybe the silver K1 is a unit only a BB/PKB fanboi will admit to loving.

In the meantime I'm sporting a new Galaxy S9+, and it's setting the bar for basic functionality like what you describe. I didn't realize how good the basic Android experience could be until I got this right after my K1 screen detached.
    07-04-18 11:55 AM
    Go into settings, storage, and clear cache. Try this fairly regularly as sometimes when cache builds up, you get some corruption in the files. I usually clear it every couple of weeks or even a every month should help.
    If this is a requirement for ANY phone in 2018, then that phone is a piece of crap.
    07-04-18 11:56 AM
    If this is a requirement for ANY phone in 2018, then that phone is a piece of crap.
    Its not the phone but its android itself. You don't have to be so jaded but all android phones will need cache clearing or they slow down. Thats the reality of the situation. Whether that is addressed more in Android O, I don't know that for sure.
    07-04-18 12:00 PM
    Its not the phone but its android itself. You don't have to be so jaded but all android phones will need cache clearing or they slow down. Thats the reality of the situation. Whether that is addressed more in Android O, I don't know that for sure.
    Oh, I get that. But like I said before, though, if that's how Android is, it's up the phone maker to accommodate that such that the user experience isn't bad.

If the phone maker provides inadequate hardware for the OS they've chosen, that's their fault. They can't look at the end user and say, "well, what did you want? We gave you the OS you wanted on hardware that we could sell at a reasonable price you wouldn't scream at; it's your fault that we couldn't provide the hardware that makes the phone actually work".
    07-04-18 12:23 PM
    Oh, I get that. But like I said before, though, if that's how Android is, it's up the phone maker to accommodate that such that the user experience isn't bad.

If the phone maker provides inadequate hardware for the OS they've chosen, that's their fault. They can't look at the end user and say, "well, what did you want? We gave you the OS you wanted on hardware that we could sell at a reasonable price you wouldn't scream at; it's your fault that we couldn't provide the hardware that makes the phone actually work".
    It's not a hardware issue. I get you seem upset about something but don't start throwing out inaccurate information.

But I do agree, android needs to have a built in cache removal to keep things smooth and avoid corrupt files.
    07-04-18 12:28 PM
    Then why did the black K1 seem to respond so much better for just about everyone?
    07-04-18 03:51 PM
    Then why did the black K1 seem to respond so much better for just about everyone?
    This is a completely different issues. The OP is talking about app carshes not response time. And for me, I haven't had lag issues so that also depends on what apps you use and what kind of resources those apps use.
    You are confusing 2 seperate things. Major cache build up will slow down your top end Samsung device eventually if not managed properly.
    07-04-18 04:16 PM
    I've cleared cache and it still happens. I've also hard rebooted the device by holding power button and volume down for 30 sec. Didn't fix anything.

Probably just a KeyOne thing.
    07-04-18 07:35 PM
    It could be an Internet connectivity issue as well.
    07-04-18 07:48 PM
    I've cleared cache and it still happens. I've also hard rebooted the device by holding power button and volume down for 30 sec. Didn't fix anything.

Probably just a KeyOne thing.
    It's not a KEYone thing. I've had since launch and never had this issue. Maybe a rogue app?
    07-04-18 08:21 PM
    It's not a KEYone thing. I've had since launch and never had this issue. Maybe a rogue app?
    I'm sure it depends on the number of apps and type of apps. I have quite a few social media apps and many other apps in general.

Someone in this thread said something about corrupt cached data. That gave me an idea so I'm trying a few things. And if that works I'll let you guys know if something gives.
    07-04-18 08:32 PM
    Agree. After a days use go into settings -> battery and see what the top battery killing apps were. You have to do this before you plug the phone in to charge.
    07-04-18 08:33 PM
    So an update.

I cleared cache and that helped. I suspected it was corrupt data for Snapchat since that app updates every day. So I haven't gotten the errors since.

Also I started swiping away (closing) apps from the multitasking screen. It helps with the RAM management.

If Clash of Clans and Snapchat are there and I try to open HUB or Instagram. Nope. So I started closing them after I'm done using and it helps tremendously.
    07-05-18 10:17 PM