Okay. So far my experience with the KEYone is fantastic. I have one complaint and one complaint only, honestly. But it has now become apparent to me after a weeks worth of use.

This device has been very snappy and quick but for some reason..the app drawer takes a ridiculously long time to open. I'm not sure if anyone else has experience this. I have roughly 108 apps on my device, (which of course includes pre installed applications). I'm pretty reliant on the app drawer because I like to keep my pages fairly clean, so going in and out of the app drawer when it takes sometimes a full 2-3 seconds to open is a tiny bit annoying. Anyone else experiencing a slow app drawer? Again it's quite surprising but everything else is smooth as can be. I may experience with nova and see how it compares.
    06-06-17 11:49 PM
    I may experience with nova and see how it compares.
    Well upon running nova the app drawer launches with 0 lag, so it is indeed a BlackBerry launcher problem and not a device performance problem. Hopefully BlackBerry can address this. Noticeable difference between BlackBerry launcher and Nova.
    06-06-17 11:58 PM
    If you have this problem (i don't have it), i suggest you use shortcuts. With so many available, no real need for the app drawer.
    Lefty724 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    06-07-17 02:07 AM
    Try disabling and re enabling the bb launcher. Not sure why yours is lagging, mines nice and snappy.
    06-07-17 02:12 AM
    If you have this problem (i don't have it), i suggest you use shortcuts. With so many available, no real need for the app drawer.
    Agree with this!!!

I didn't even use the BB launcher when I first got the Keyone. I went straight to Nova Prime and Tesla Unread.

Once I found out I couldn't use the keyboard shortcuts with Nova, I went back to the BB launcher. Let me tell you....the keyboard shortcuts far outweigh the Nova features imo. I literally have all the apps I need/use right at my fingertips. Once on the home screen, I just pick the assigned key and done!!! Awesome!
    06-07-17 02:34 AM
    Try disabling and re enabling the bb launcher. Not sure why yours is lagging, mines nice and snappy.
    In concur. Hope you find a solution.
    06-07-17 02:41 AM
    My Keyone didn't have this particular problem at first - it was very snappy and, overall, it still is. However my app drawer also lags when I want to open it. I had the same problem with my Priv, which opened the app drawer fast in the very beginning and, usually, after every monthly update. However it's getting back to the laggy state after about a week of use. I am not even running many apps at all (not even 60), so the amount of apps shouldn't be a problem. Also the drawer lags everytime when scrolling half way through the symbols, regardless of scrolling up or down, reaching roughly the middle it takes a brief moment until it continues scrolling.

I know switching to a different launcher, like Nova, will fix the problem for good, however I don't want to lose the keyboard shortcuts. Oh, while I agree using them more and more, I still think BlackBerry should take a closer look at the performance of their app drawer. IMHO there must be some kind of bug which causes the poor performance, because otherwise everything is quite snappy.
    06-07-17 03:56 AM
    Disable the hub and see if that helps! I did that and the delay disappeared. The KEYone also uses a lot less memory with Hub disabled.

Using the hub again though, hope BlackBerry resolved this issue!
    06-07-17 04:36 AM
    Well upon running nova the app drawer launches with 0 lag, so it is indeed a BlackBerry launcher problem and not a device performance problem. Hopefully BlackBerry can address this. Noticeable difference between BlackBerry launcher and Nova.
    Another suggestion is to group apps in folders, for example I have 35 apps in one folder, I use nova on my Priv so the nr of apps on the BB launcher may be different but if you add 2 folders like this you will have all apps in one location and keep the screen clean as well.
    06-07-17 06:49 AM
    Agree with this!!!

I didn't even use the BB launcher when I first got the Keyone. I went straight to Nova Prime and Tesla Unread.

Once I found out I couldn't use the keyboard shortcuts with Nova, I went back to the BB launcher. Let me tell you....the keyboard shortcuts far outweigh the Nova features imo. I literally have all the apps I need/use right at my fingertips. Once on the home screen, I just pick the assigned key and done!!! Awesome!
    You can map shortcuts to the keyboard with other apps such as Button Remapper.

They're global (the way BlackBerry should have designed their shortcuts) and let's you get away from BlackBerry's lacking launcher.
    06-07-17 09:01 AM
    I force stopped BlackBerry Launcher, "uninstalled" it, and then updated it and it's working fine.
    06-07-17 09:30 AM
    Another issue I noticed is speed with dark theme. I prefer dark theme, but the app drawer launches significantly slower than it does when I use the light theme.
    06-07-17 09:52 AM
    I had the exact issue you point out for the first few days.

Then suddenly the problem went away. The app drawer now opens in less and 1 second.
    06-07-17 01:50 PM