After 6 blissful months, my KeyOne finger reader stopped working, and BB was kind enough to send out an advance replacement after taking a $500 hold on my credit card.

I have the replacement and restored all my apps using google. However they are all "brand new".

Is there any way to backup my accounts/login/password details from my 100+ apps and restore them on the new device?

Thank you!
    O.
    03-19-18 10:56 PM
    After 6 blissful months, my KeyOne finger reader stopped working, and BB was kind enough to send out an advance replacement after taking a $500 hold on my credit card.

I have the replacement and restored all my apps using google. However they are all "brand new".

Is there any way to backup my accounts/login/password details from my 100+ apps and restore them on the new device?

Thank you!
    O.
    You can give this a try. Make sure to have NFC on for both devices as well as the app:

https://us.blackberry.com/support/content_transfer
    03-20-18 12:45 PM
    You can give this a try. Make sure to have NFC on for both devices as well as the app:

https://us.blackberry.com/support/content_transfer
    Tried. It'll copy email accounts and stuff, but not all the app accounts. Looking for banks, utilities etc.
    03-20-18 04:11 PM
    I'm not thinking so. I've had to replace my K1 twice due to screen lifting and each time, had to start fresh. If there is one thing BB has not put a lot of effort into yet, it's device switching.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-21-18 11:00 PM
    I'm not thinking so. I've had to replace my K1 twice due to screen lifting and each time, had to start fresh. If there is one thing BB has not put a lot of effort into yet, it's device switching.
    Really, the official BB10 OS with the desktop Link software did make it possible to switch your device pretty much pain free.

I think we are being confronted by (non-rooted) Android limitations. Nevertheless, I really wish there was a way to "image" your device to another and save these images for "just in case" scenarios.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-18 03:14 PM
    Really, the official BB10 OS with the desktop Link software did make it possible to switch your device pretty much pain free.

I think we are being confronted by (non-rooted) Android limitations. Nevertheless, I really wish there was a way to "image" your device to another and save these images for "just in case" scenarios.
    Sorry, I should have clarified. Android BB is not very good for device switching. BB10 and BB OS prior were great - I loved that I could pick and choose what I wanted to backup.
    03-27-18 05:18 PM
    Tried. It'll copy email accounts and stuff, but not all the app accounts. Looking for banks, utilities etc.
    Not to mention all the settings. Android has so many settings and trying to figure out which one did this or that is a real challenge...
    03-27-18 05:42 PM
    I would think they could access the OS filesystem without actually rooting the device?
    03-27-18 05:45 PM