My physical keyboard is becoming unresponsive to touch. I often have to shut off the screen and back on again, or tap around the keyboard to find a spot that is responding to my fingers. Sometimes, I've watched my words disappear as a back-swipe is registered and the keyboard deletes text without me touching anything.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    06-15-17 12:58 PM
    I got rid of my passport nearly a year ago and I remember the keyboard touch navigation to be much better than what the keyone is giving me. In the centre of the keyboard T Y G and H only work to scroll, not V and B, and they do a poor job of it. I've noticed I O J K N M to the right are better for scrolling.

Some apps are a nightmare to type on because the cursor will move lines spontaneously as it pleases when I'm just trying to type.
    06-15-17 02:50 PM
    I just did a test on each column of keys and they all work for scrolling. No issues
    06-15-17 02:58 PM
    Update

I did a factory reset last night because I was wondering if the issue was software related. At first, it appeared to work. As I had setup my device again, the keyboard was responding to touch gestures. But over time the issue came back.

The keys J K L Del, and NM $ seem to cut out first. Then the rest of the keyboard stops responding to touch.

If I shut off the screen with the power button, then turn the screen on via the fingerprint scanner or double tapping the screen, touch on the keyboard works as it should again. It will keep on working until I type a lot, and then try to use a gesture again. The cycle repeats.

I'm at a loss here. This isn't something returning the phone over, is it? It can't be one of my apps I've installed either... Can it?

I've reported this to BB Mobile, but I've yet to hear back from them.
    06-16-17 09:34 AM
    I would return and just get a new one. seems like the power is going out to the keyboard after some time of operation
    06-16-17 04:13 PM
    interesting, just tested mine. Only the middle row actually is touch sensitive.
    06-16-17 04:18 PM