I have been using a Passport for about four years now, I love the phone but it's about at the end of its life (some would say that happened a year or more ago) so I am looking around, I have been looking at the KEYone because of the keyboard and the fact that as I understand it, Blackberry has kept the Hub on the android phone and I really like the Hub. Can any of you who have had a passport and moved to the KEYone tell me your impressions? I have not had one in my hands. I am especially interested to know how the keyboard compare.
    11-10-19 06:38 PM
    I have been using a Passport for about four years now, I love the phone but it's about at the end of its life (some would say that happened a year or more ago) so I am looking around, I have been looking at the KEYone because of the keyboard and the fact that as I understand it, Blackberry has kept the Hub on the android phone and I really like the Hub. Can any of you who have had a passport and moved to the KEYone tell me your impressions? I have not had one in my hands. I am especially interested to know how the keyboard compare.
    I had the passport and left it a long long time ago..the keyone is hands down superior device. I have the BE keyone and I absolutely love it. Best blackberry ever made
    11-10-19 06:59 PM
    If you've never used an Android phone before, there will be a bit of a learning curve, especially if you've gotten super comfortable with BB10. It's not a steep learning curve mind you, but a learning curve nonetheless.

The Hub on Android is not a perfect match to BB10 and I would say, is slightly inferior. However it's still the best EMAIL manager on Android. Emphasis on email since SMS is very limited on Android Hub.

The KEYone keyboard is definitely a step down from the Passport's in every way. However, that doesn't mean that it's bad. Not by a long shot. I think you'll wonder how you lived without a fingerprint scanner spacebar.

All said, you'll get used to and move past whatever gaps you discover with the KEYone compared to the Passport. I will say though, if you have a little more room in your budget, go for the KEY2 LE instead. If you're willing to part with the capacitive keyboard, then the LE gives you the best bang for your buck in a BlackBerry Android experience.
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-10-19 07:38 PM
    Two completely different devices. Passport is forever a classic, and the KeyOne is an awesome device on its own strength.
    11-11-19 12:43 AM
    If you are interested in security.... might look at getting a "current" phone that is still getting updates. KEY2 LE would be a better long term investment.
    11-12-19 07:22 AM
    IMHO the two PKBs are not really comparable, neither in functionality nor in layout. that said, I was able, in a limited way, to type without looking on the Passport ...not on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ...
    11-12-19 12:36 PM
    You're still using a Passport? Wow! I have a pristine AT&T Passport in my bureau drawer. It was a great phone in its day. Using KEYone Black Edition now. KEYone is a good phone.
    11-12-19 03:08 PM
    I just switched devices from BlackBerry Passport to KeyOne last week. The transition of bigger keyboard to small is really not that hard. I adjusted very well right after. I'm supposed to get Key2 but my budget won't let me. No regrets thou. Love this Bronze ed.
    11-13-19 02:16 AM
    The KEYone is logical Android transition device from Passport and should be enjoyed with it’s necessary Android ecosystem.
    11-13-19 07:02 AM
    The KEYone is logical Android transition device from Passport and should be enjoyed with it’s necessary Android ecosystem.
    Yes it was.... 2-1/2 years ago.

Sadly that's the problem, too few BlackBerry users were willing to make the move back then. And too few non-BlackBerry users were interested.
    11-13-19 09:20 AM
    I used the Passport as my personal phone for 4 years it was great experience overall. I bought the Keyone in August 2019 and been using ever since without any issue what so ever. I would highly recommended the switch.
    11-13-19 11:32 AM
    Yes it was.... 2-1/2 years ago.

Sadly that's the problem, too few BlackBerry users were willing to make the move back then. And too few non-BlackBerry users were interested.
    I figured anyone that had just switched won’t notice anything yet as they’re still adjusting to Android ecosystem anyways.

Some people will pickup enough productivity to notice Android/iOS solutions to new problems.
    11-13-19 12:29 PM
    well the truth of the matter is that passport was good in its prime but now even websites are not being supported. so each day that passes the phone is less functional.

I have the Keyone. it is not the best BlackBerry I ever had in regards to system and pkb but the app support and regular google play updates make it worthwhile. the pkb is better than the touch screen only phone. the pkb feels soft and smooth. for me the best pkb was the q10. get yourself a key device you will not regret it. check with your carrier to make sure it will work well. you will need the precise model for your provider.
    vaspat3 likes this.
    11-13-19 11:57 PM
    Thank you all for your responses, I was able to handle KETone yesterday, just put it in my hands and thought the keyboard was good, I was a little worried that it would be too small. An ebay seller has some, mint unused for ATT (my carrier) but not in factory packaging for $139, with 99.9% positive feedback and thousands of sales. Think I'll get it.
    vaspat3 likes this.
    11-14-19 08:12 PM
    I still use my Passport OG from time to time, best BlackBerry devise ever built. I have owned the K1 and am now with a K2 SE. As for the Android Eco system, it is not difficult to use, just a bit of a learning curve. As for the BlackBerry Suite of apps, they compare somewhat but do not duplicate the BB10 experience and no gestures. The Android HUB is still pretty good and easy to use and adapt to. Now, for the PKB. All 3 phones have physical keys to press, that's where the comparison ends. The K1 keys are smaller and mushier than the Passport, the K2 keys are crisper compared to K1 but feel light and cheaper compared to the Passport. All in all, the Androidberry's are not bad and the only choice for us Keyboard pounders. I would suggest buying a K2 LE as that way you are guaranteed no faulty Capacitive PKB. Let us know what you decide.

PS - the Capacitive PKB on the K2 does not hold a candle to the precise and accurate Passport. Word of warning, thus my suggestion of the K2 LE.
    11-15-19 04:23 PM
    You're still using a Passport? Wow! I have a pristine AT&T Passport in my bureau drawer. It was a great phone in its day. Using KEYone Black Edition now. KEYone is a good phone.
    You should remove your BBID, security wipe the Passport and sell it. You'll find plenty of willing buyers! You don't even need to unlock it as I bet an AT&T user will pick it up. List it here on CB for free and see what happens!

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-15-19 05:02 PM
    Thank you all for your responses, I was able to handle KETone yesterday, just put it in my hands and thought the keyboard was good, I was a little worried that it would be too small. An ebay seller has some, mint unused for ATT (my carrier) but not in factory packaging for $139, with 99.9% positive feedback and thousands of sales. Think I'll get it.
    That's a good deal for a good phone, if you want Android.

11-15-19 05:04 PM
    I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but be aware the K1 is EOL. Updates have stopped. The K2 Variants have till July 2020, then they will also be EOL. Caveat Emptor!
    11-15-19 05:58 PM
    I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but be aware the K1 is EOL. Updates have stopped. The K2 Variants have till July 2020, then they will also be EOL. Caveat Emptor!
    The AT&T variant is still receiving monthly security patches, FWIW.

11-15-19 06:10 PM
    The AT&T variant is still receiving monthly security patches, FWIW.

Hmmm, thought the last one was in June? Are they carrier updates or full blown security updates?

That would be the only K1 variant receiving updates.
    11-15-19 06:14 PM
    Hmmm, thought the last one was in June? Are they carrier updates or full blown security updates?

That would be the only K1 variant receiving updates.
    They are just the security updates, not OS bugs or features, but that's all I care about. I assume they come from BlackBerry however, as my understanding is that they must be signed by BlackBerry Limited. I have no idea what the business arrangements are.

11-15-19 09:49 PM