My Google assistant has stopped working all of a sudden. Nothing has been changed settings wise so am flummoxed to why she only works when the mic button is pressed.
    11-27-18 07:34 AM
    mines fine
    11-27-18 08:41 AM
    I had the same thing happen a few days ago. Had to go back and setup my voice again. Works fine again. IDK what happened.
    11-27-18 09:30 AM
    google mess with its settings all the time sometimes it works fine other times it messes up
    11-27-18 10:10 AM
    I just dealt with this. On a number of occasions, app updates (it seems) remove permissions silently. This is dumb. At least, notify that permissions need to be re-authorized. Just now, after some days of google voice assistant not opening with my voice, I went into Settings > Google > Search, Assistant & Voice. There, under Search > Voice > Voice Match, I had to turn on Access, which was on before. I also tried turning on Unlock with voice, again, but that hasn't worked so much. Right after, "OK Google" started the assistant for me. Who knows how or when it will break, again?
    11-29-18 04:51 PM
    I just dealt with this. On a number of occasions, app updates (it seems) remove permissions silently. This is dumb. At least, notify that permissions need to be re-authorized. Just now, after some days of google voice assistant not opening with my voice, I went into Settings > Google > Search, Assistant & Voice. There, under Search > Voice > Voice Match, I had to turn on Access, which was on before. I also tried turning on Unlock with voice, again, but that hasn't worked so much. Right after, "OK Google" started the assistant for me. Who knows how or when it will break, again?
    For some reason my assistant will not work with saying "Ok Google" even though the "Access with voice match" is toggled on. When I delete the voice model and then turn it back on, it says it seems my vloice has already been recorded on a different device. Even retraining still does not allow Google assistant to start up with the voice command.,

Very annoying.
    05-12-19 07:11 PM
    I'm getting intermittent robot voice Google assistant now and also no robot voice. does it on key2 too.
    05-13-19 05:32 PM
    Ok Google and Hey Google stopped working for me sometime last year. Retrained my voice several times and all that. It's disappointing.
    05-25-19 01:51 PM
    Ok Google and Hey Google stopped working for me sometime last year. Retrained my voice several times and all that. It's disappointing.
    Check your permissions. Google is always screwing with that app. My guess is a permission you had disabled previously that it now requires to function.
    05-25-19 02:05 PM
    Appreciate the suggestion! I don't have the energy to constantly check settings on something that should be a basic feature of the OS. I'm looking to move to a full Android or iPhone. Still a fanboy but as an IT Manager, I'm laughed at when I can't do simple stuff that everyone else's phone can do.
    05-25-19 06:03 PM
    Appreciate the suggestion! I don't have the energy to constantly check settings on something that should be a basic feature of the OS. I'm looking to move to a full Android or iPhone. Still a fanboy but as an IT Manager, I'm laughed at when I can't do simple stuff that everyone else's phone can do.
    Not sure what you mean. BlackBerry is "full" Android. I would try uninstalling and re-installing Assistant and the Google app, agree to all the permissions, and see what happens...
    05-25-19 09:20 PM
    It is not full Android. There is some BlackBerry integration built in that does not work properly with some apps. I've submitted data to some app vendors and when they hear I have a BlackDroid, they say, "yeah, we only support Android." And that's it for anymore help. Google Assistant does not activate by voice command, Google face recognition does not unlock my phone- and yes, my settings are correct. These all worked until around the last major OS update last year. Yes, I did the "factory restore".

My notifications turn off EVERY day. I have to reboot my phone EVERY day now. Look up my posts- it is documented.

I am so pleased that some of you have "no problem" with these features. I (and apparently many others) do. And it is documented. I'm simply tired of the energy it takes to make these features work consistently. I tap out. As a businessman, I want a phone that works consistently. If the same problems exists with whatever phone I go to next, I will come back here and repent. ;-)
    rolfep likes this.
    05-25-19 09:42 PM
    It is not full Android. There is some BlackBerry integration built in that does not work properly with some apps. I've submitted data to some app vendors and when they hear I have a BlackDroid, they say, "yeah, we only support Android." And that's it for anymore help. Google Assistant does not activate by voice command, Google face recognition does not unlock my phone- and yes, my settings are correct. These all worked until around the last major OS update last year. Yes, I did the "factory restore".

My notifications turn off EVERY day. I have to reboot my phone EVERY day now. Look up my posts- it is documented.

I am so pleased that some of you have "no problem" with these features. I (and apparently many others) do. And it is documented. I'm simply tired of the energy it takes to make these features work consistently. I tap out. As a businessman, I want a phone that works consistently. If the same problems exists with whatever phone I go to next, I will come back here and repent. ;-)
    OK, well best of luck then. You should consider an iPhone, sounds like that's more your cup of tea. There are as many types of these so-called "integration" issues on Android as there are Android devices.
    tbrogan68 likes this.
    05-26-19 05:53 PM
    Just to do my due diligence, I went to the settings (like was mentioned above) and my voice match was turned off. I turned it on and was told to setup my voice match. Amazingly, it then said I already have this completed and am ready to go. However, it still shows my voice match is turned off. so, it has me stuck in a vicious circle. I deleted the app and reinstalled. I tried to delete my voice profile, but it wouldn't let me. So....... please forgive my "doneness".
    05-29-19 05:41 PM