Negative, which was I didn't go for the Passport. On the flipside, I would consider trading the 4th row for a trackpad ;-)
    I definitely would prefer a trackpad no matter how many keyboard rows.
    07-01-17 07:08 AM
    I definitely would prefer a trackpad no matter how many keyboard rows.
    Negative, which was I didn't go for the Passport. On the flipside, I would consider trading the 4th row for a trackpad ;-)
    Ok are you guys saying that you would trade the touch sensitive keyboard for a trackpad? Seriously?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 07:48 AM
    Ok are you guys saying that you would trade the touch sensitive keyboard for a trackpad? Seriously?

Posted via CB10
    In a heartbeat! The trackpad is more accurate than a touch sensitive keyboard will ever be. For me, the touchpad just makes things more troublesome when it comes to editing...at least this version. Would definitely prefer the Bold 9900 or Classic trackpad over the KEYone's touchpad.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-01-17 07:51 AM
    In a heartbeat! The trackpad is more accurate than a touch sensitive keyboard will ever be. For me, the touchpad just makes things more troublesome when it comes to editing...at least this version. Would definitely prefer the Bold 9900 or Classic trackpad over the KEYone's touchpad.
    ....to add to that, I wish they would have just used the spacebar for the trackpad. I think it would have made usage more consistent and precise. Just my opinion
    07-01-17 07:54 AM
    I agree 100% I had the Curve that had the trackpad and it made scrolling, highlighting, and cut and paste so easy.
    DWonder likes this.
    07-01-17 07:55 AM
    I agree 100% I had the Curve that had the trackpad and it made scrolling, highlighting, and cut and paste so easy.
    ....to add to that, I wish they would have just used the spacebar for the trackpad. I think it would have made usage more consistent and precise. Just my opinion
    OK so now I need to ask if any of you own or owned a Passport for any length of time.
    Sorry, it's my curiosity that's running wild.
    07-01-17 08:04 AM
    OK so now I need to ask if any of you own or owned a Passport for any length of time.
    Lol, no problem. I took one look at the Passport before it was released and seen the 3 rows of keys and said "nope...never". At the time I had previously owned 4 BB's, all with 4 rows so I was used to that form factor and visioned the issues I would have goin to 3 rows. Wasn't worth the money to even try it. So no, I have never owned a Passport, let alone seen one in person, lol.

Any other concerns? I'll be happy to answer ;-)
    07-01-17 08:09 AM
    I've owned the Passport since not long after its release. I really like the phone, but had the Classic been released before it I would have jumped on that. In fact if I had the Classic I would have thought long and hard about switching to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Android apps notwithstanding.
    I still think my Curve was the best for one handed use. In fact if the Classic is ever released in a Android version (with appropriate screen ratios) I would sell my KEYᵒⁿᵉ in a heartbeat. I just like one handed usefulness.
    07-01-17 08:36 AM
    In fact if the Classic is ever released in a Android version (with appropriate screen ratios) I would sell my KEYᵒⁿᵉ in a heartbeat. I just like one handed usefulness.
    Exactly. It could be the Classic or something similar. I like the KEYone just fine but I am undoubtedly waiting for their next phone that has anything resembling a trackpad, lol.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-01-17 09:50 AM
    Exactly. It could be the Classic or something similar. I like the KEYone just fine but I am undoubtedly waiting for their next phone that has anything resembling a trackpad, lol.
    Yep. Old school becomes new school. Sometimes newer isn't better.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-01-17 10:50 AM
    I really don't have much to reference since the Passport was the first physical keyboard phone I've ever used. I learned and fell in love with the design and workings so in that it may be my lack of enthusiasm for accepting a new design and methods of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Perhaps we all have a little of this?

I did skip the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and opted for a Oneplus 3T and the same amount of annoyance to learn glass tapping is present here. I do play with my friends KEYᵒⁿᵉ at work nightly and imagine I could adjust but I think I will wait to see if they come out with a wider version with flagship specs.
    07-01-17 11:04 AM
    I am ( was) a Passport user and was looking forward to getting the KEYᵒⁿᵉ but I could not agree with the decisions made to make it a full four row keyboard.

•The KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't even have swipe down to access the symbols.
    •The keyboard is so cramped you can't hit all the numbers while holding the alt key.
    •Also if it were a three row keyboard the device would have enjoyed more screen real estate.
    •I just found the keyboard too cramped for my liking and did not want to restrict the freedom of such a wide typing space I enjoyed on the Passport.

If they can create another KEYᵒⁿᵉ (KEYtwo) with a Passport like keyboard I would seriously consider it.
    You'll get used to it. I still carry my passport in my laptop bag but hardly ever use it. Only to check my personal emails in the hub as I don't use it on android because they don't support changing custom fonts in outgoing email so stuck using 9mail.
    07-01-17 11:21 AM
    Simple solution for your numbers.

Double tap the alt key to lock the numbers. No longer cramped.

Then press alt key once to unlock.

A passport style device running Android would be very sweet though.
    Couldn't agree more!
    07-02-17 07:39 AM
    I had the S.E - I missed the 4 row key - I prefer the larger keys just was a tad bit too wide - I've gotten more acclimated with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and love it
    07-02-17 07:44 AM
39 12