View Poll Results: Anyone using third party launcher?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 71.43%
  • No, stick with blackberry launcher

2 28.57%
    Just got my Blackberry Keyone today, and really really happy with it.

Wondering if anyone here using third party launcher on the Keyone, instead of the default blackberry launcher? I tried to install Nova launcher on it, and i felt it run much faster, the downside is I couldn't use the keyboard shortcuts with third party launcher
    05-26-17 09:16 AM
    I couldn't use the keyboard shortcuts with third party launcher
    Not an option. Keyboard shortcuts > any goofy launcher.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-26-17 09:49 AM
    hell no, the BB Launcher is all I need. does the job well, not bloated like the Samsung TouchWiz. Why change!
    05-26-17 09:50 AM
    Just got my Blackberry Keyone today, and really really happy with it.

Wondering if anyone here using third party launcher on the Keyone, instead of the default blackberry launcher? I tried to install Nova launcher on it, and i felt it run much faster, the downside is I couldn't use the keyboard shortcuts with third party launcher
    I'm using Nova launcher. Got it since day one. I never used the keyboard shortcuts on the Passport so I'm not missing anything. Got the Hub to launch when I swipe up and notification bar to open when I swipe down. Got transparent home menu (didn't like the BB white background) and can customise the icons size, rows, grids etc. Loving it!
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-26-17 12:24 PM
    I'm using Nova launcher. Got it since day one. I never used the keyboard shortcuts on the Passport so I'm not missing anything. Got the Hub to launch when I swipe up and notification bar to open when I swipe down. Got transparent home menu (didn't like the BB white background) and can customise the icons size, rows, grids etc. Loving it!
    I did as well. With Nova, the phone NH feels snappier and you simply can't beat the customization options.
    05-26-17 12:50 PM
    I did as well. With Nova, the phone NH feels snappier and you simply can't beat the customization options.
    Not only do you give up app and keyboard short cuts but also give up the notification sparks on apps itself.
    You can have numbered notification on app but you have to download a second app by Nova. You also have to pay for Nova premium to get too get all the features.
    05-26-17 12:59 PM
    Not only do you give up app and keyboard short cuts but also give up the notification sparks on apps itself.
    You can have numbered notification on app but you have to download a second app by Nova. You also have to pay for Nova premium to get too get all the features.
    If one never bothered with keyboard shortcuts (as did the first person in this thread to say they're using a non-BB launcher), and if one sees what they get with Nova, then it doesn't seem so sacrilegious to leave the BB launcher.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    05-26-17 01:27 PM
    I imagine once I acquire mine that I will be using Smart Launcher like I do on my Priv. Among it's many features is the ability for me to swipe to access the Hub. I still use my Q10, but it's getting a little long in the tooth. Looking forward to the KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 03:20 PM
    If other launchers had shortcut , I would use them.
    05-26-17 05:35 PM
    Blackberry launcher is excellent. Improved over the PRIVs one when I had it. No need for Nova as can't live without keyboard shortcuts
    05-27-17 01:36 PM
    I think if Nova updated their launcher to have kb shortcuts bb launcher would be in real trouble, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-17 12:38 AM
    Tried to use Nova launcher on my keyone (i always installed Nova on all my previous android phones), then I decided to just use the Blackberry launcher. With nova launcher, I had to always tap on screen or use the gesture on screen to launch certain app and the touch screen is kinda "far" to reach with the physical keyboard there, hence it was not so convenient. I find Nova is very good on full touch screen phone, but in Keyone with physical keyboard, i find the keyboard shortcut is really convenient and fast to launch the app.
    05-28-17 03:52 AM
    I'm using SmartLauncher3 which automatically sorts all apps into categories and gives a home screen optimised for one-handed use.

I've also made a feature request for keyboard shortcut support.
    NightFire likes this.
    05-28-17 11:10 AM
    I'm using SmartLauncher3 which automatically sorts all apps into categories and gives a home screen optimised for one-handed use.

I've also made a feature request for keyboard shortcut support.
    Yes, I'm all about the Smart Launcher, too (as anyone can see in my above post). Beautiful layout, 'smart catagories' (although, weirdly, in different places depending on the phone) and the almighty swipe!

Posted via CB10
    mbirth likes this.
    05-29-17 01:02 AM
    Keyboard shortcuts + spark notifications keep me from using other launchers. Just wish the BB launcher would allow me to change individual icons.
    05-29-17 01:19 AM