If I switch, just to try Nova, but then let's say I want to go back to the BlackBerry launcher, will there be any changes to what I originally had everything set to?
    Thankfully, no. Each launcher keeps its own settings, so you can flip back and forth without having to reset anything.
    06-18-17 06:07 PM
    Thankfully, no. Each launcher keeps its own settings, so you can flip back and forth without having to reset anything.
    Excellent, thank you for the help.
    06-18-17 06:10 PM
    Yep, it does work!
    Thank you sir.
    06-18-17 06:51 PM
    Shouldn't be. Give it a try!
    06-18-17 07:27 PM
    I love Nova Launcher and used it for years on my prior Android devices. That said, I personally love the shortcuts more, so I'm sticking with BB Launcher.

I agree the app drawer scrolling isn't as fluid, but for me, I have so many shortcuts set I have gone days without looking at the drawer.

I've read on Reddit that people are use Nova with Button Remapper, and to avoid using shortcuts while trying to type to text, etc., they've set the shortcuts to react after .5 - 1 second. I prefer the instant reaction to pressing my keys to open an app, but to each their own!
    06-18-17 07:41 PM
    Im using Nova. But just can't button mapper to dial a call!! Anyone know how to do that?
    06-19-17 05:23 AM
    Yes, Nova pro launcher, best available
    06-19-17 08:14 AM
    Yep, it does work!
    Seems that the Hub only gets the badge when I receive an email but not an sms. My Yaata icon got the badge which I keep in the drawer.
    06-19-17 10:42 AM
    I recommend "friendly" for Facebook. The official FB app uses a lot of memory and power so deleting it will help battery and performance. Friendly is very smooth as well
    06-19-17 06:27 PM
    Nova + Buttons Remapper = never touching BlackBerry Launcher again
    How does the buttons remapper app ever compare to the short/long press that the BB launcher offers? The only thing that app does is let you remap the volume keys, power, camera, back button, recent and home.
    07-20-17 12:43 PM
    I have yet to find an app in the store that let's you remap buttons like the BB launcher does. All apps available let you remap the standard keys of the phone (camera button if it exists, volume +/-, power button, back, home and recent apps buttons), this buttons are of no interest to me and I can't understand how and why would someone compare this kind of apps with mapping 52 shortcuts via the pkb.
    07-20-17 12:46 PM
    I really tried to use the stock launcher...I just got the phone today but I didn't like some of the jank while scrolling, especially in the app drawer. That kills the experience for me and my ocd. Installed Nova and everything is as smooth as silk. I lose opening apps with keyboard but you can still just start typing to search. Anyone using Nova or another launcher?
    Nova can have a feature that washes my dishes for me, without keyboard shortcuts it's a no-go for me...
    07-20-17 03:47 PM
    I did this too but I see stutters when scrolling in the app drawer which I hate. No stutters with Nova so I'm thrilled I don't have to return the phone because it would drive me crazy
    I have everything I use often mapped to keyboard shortcuts. It's the whole point of keyboard shortcuts. I barely go into the app drawer so I couldn't care less about that. Not going to sacrifice 80% to fix the 20%...
    07-20-17 03:49 PM
    How does the buttons remapper app ever compare to the short/long press that the BB launcher offers? The only thing that app does is let you remap the volume keys, power, camera, back button, recent and home.
    It also allows you to remapp the keyboard keys.
    07-20-17 03:56 PM
    I don't see the point of this app. Uninstalled it. Consider this test I did: I setup G for Gmail. It worked. But if I hit compose and press letter G, it will save my message and open Gmail again! Tried setting it for long press, but the capitalization of g to G by longpressing will not work and it will launch Gmail again! What am I missing? How is even a useful app?
    07-20-17 09:32 PM
    I don't see the point of this app. Uninstalled it. Consider this test I did: I setup G for Gmail. It worked. But if I hit compose and press letter G, it will save my message and open Gmail again! Tried setting it for long press, but the capitalization of g to G by longpressing will not work and it will launch Gmail again! What am I missing? How is even a useful app?
    Exactly this. This is why that does not replace keyboard shortcuts...
    07-20-17 09:42 PM
    Indeed it does, I found the option but it's works strange and it's not opening apps as quickly as the default launcher, I'll give nova and the remapper a try and see how they work but so far I'm pleased with the stock android launcher.

Scratch that, this app is absolute ******** when used the same way as the BB launcher let's you setup short cuts. I setup q to open ampere app and when I went into whatsapp and pressed q, instead of writing q it opened ampere.
    You could set it to long press and use shift to capitalize letters but to be honest it seems to me that you have to memorize a lot more **** & crap compared to the BB launcher + you can use only long press, no short ones, also if you have no app opened it takes about 2-3 seconds after pressing q to open ampere, what is interesting is that while in whatsapp it opens the assigned app instantly.
    Until nova adds shortcuts or another dedicated app just for K1 is made, I'll stick with the default launcher which is fine, I don't see why all ppl complain about it.
    Last edited by Scovik; 07-21-17 at 03:09 AM.
    07-21-17 02:58 AM
    Just to add, after some updates from the OS on KEYᵒⁿᵉ and with the BlackBerry Launcher, the things aren't that shabby.

I'm also now using BlackBerry Hub. It really gets bad when I am logged in to work via Android For Work. The entire phone become sluggish.
    07-21-17 03:56 AM
43 12