I really tried to use the stock launcher...I just got the phone today but I didn't like some of the jank while scrolling, especially in the app drawer. That kills the experience for me and my ocd. Installed Nova and everything is as smooth as silk. I lose opening apps with keyboard but you can still just start typing to search. Anyone using Nova or another launcher?
    Last edited by DominionRoofs; 06-17-17 at 06:14 AM.
    06-16-17 09:31 PM
    I swore by Nova Launcher Prime but tried the stock launcher and much prefer the keyboard shortcuts to Nova....
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:55 PM
    nova here, better experience than stock
    06-17-17 01:35 AM
    Nova here also and I love the speed and smoothness over stock
    06-17-17 01:43 AM
    Nova. Never looked back since! Just emailed them the other the day asking to ad a left to right swipe gesture so we can configure it to open Hub!
    06-17-17 01:52 AM
    Nova. Never looked back since! Just emailed them the other the day asking to ad a left to right swipe gesture so we can configure it to open Hub!
    I am interested in their response. I am using Nova on the S8+ but will buy the next version of the KEYone after my Q10 pack up.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 02:07 AM
    Just keep in mind as you use the K1 with stock launcher, and make one or two tweets, it becomes buttery smooth, well that's my experience anyway.
    06-17-17 02:49 AM
    I swore by Nova Launcher Prime but tried the stock launcher and much prefer the keyboard shortcuts to Nova....
    U can download something like button mapper
    06-17-17 02:49 AM
    U can download something like button mapper
    True.

I really am liking the keyboard shortcuts and the stock launcher. That's saying a lot since I've used and loved Nova on every single android device.

Once I went into developer options and changed the animations, the stock launcher feels as snappy as Nova imo. Very happy.
    06-17-17 09:55 AM
    I did this too but I see stutters when scrolling in the app drawer which I hate. No stutters with Nova so I'm thrilled I don't have to return the phone because it would drive me crazy
    06-17-17 02:58 PM
    Nova + Buttons Remapper = never touching BlackBerry Launcher again
    knightfall likes this.
    06-17-17 03:17 PM
    is the in app experience smoother too? The place I get the most stutter is while scrolling through fb news feed on my priv.
    06-17-17 03:26 PM
    Been on Nova Launcher since Priv, DTEK60 and KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I found button remapper glitchy. I made the left shift button as a launcher for the phone app and the ratio of it registering is about 2 out of 5 presses. Then I remapped the back button/long press for the same thing. While it improved compared to a "key" button, it still wasn't 100%. Had to delete.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-17-17 06:43 PM
    Nova + Buttons Remapper = never touching BlackBerry Launcher again
    How are you using the Buttons Remapper?

Every time I try it, for eg 'S' for Some contact. Now whenever I type, S on a text field, it just opens the contact and also inputs S.

What I want an app that just works on the Nova home screen, ideally with short and long press.

Also, the app doesn't request any special requests, so it means you can't use the shortcuts to direct dial
    Last edited by TheBond; 06-17-17 at 09:25 PM.
    pooyam and slagman5 like this.
    06-17-17 09:13 PM
    Use nova on all my devices. Giving up the keyboard shortcuts is the tradeoff. But I like the nova gestures and fluidity.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    06-17-17 09:26 PM
    Use nova on all my devices. Giving up the keyboard shortcuts is the tradeoff. But I like the nova gestures and fluidity.
    Do the icon badges with Nova Prime + Tesla work with the Hub icon? Hate to drop $5 without knowing for sure.
    06-17-17 09:43 PM
    Do the icon badges with Nova Prime + Tesla work with the Hub icon? Hate to drop $5 without knowing for sure.
    I dont use the hub. But I put the icon on the home screen and enabled hub in tesla unread and received a text. No badge came up on the hub icon. So I guess not? I'm not familiar with hub notifications.
    06-17-17 09:59 PM
    I dont use the hub. But I put the icon on the home screen and enabled hub in tesla unread and received a text. No badge came up on the hub icon. So I guess not? I'm not familiar with hub notifications.
    Well I appreciate the effort!

If you receive a msg in the Hub from one of your various accounts, using the BlackBerry Launcher, you'll receive the traditional BlackBerry red spark notification.

Nova Prime offers something similar, but I've read it doesn't work with the Hub icon.
    06-17-17 10:18 PM
    How are you using the Buttons Remapper?

Every time I try it, for eg 'S' for Some contact. Now whenever I type, S on a text field, it just opens the contact and also inputs S.

What I want an app that just works on the Nova home screen, ideally with short and long press.
    I'd also like to know which button remapper won't launch the shortcut while typing a reply, etc.

I even changed H for Hub to long press. Now when I open a msg to reply it instantly starts typing a string of endless H's without me touching the keyboard.
    Last edited by craig428; 06-17-17 at 10:49 PM.
    pooyam likes this.
    06-17-17 10:38 PM
    Yeah I think buttons remapper wont do the same because the home screen behavior needs to be different from in-app typing behavior
    06-18-17 11:44 AM
    I use Nova and Pixel icon Pack. Love Nova Gesture, Android O Notification badges and press and hold to open Sub Menu
    06-18-17 11:52 AM
    Just keep in mind as you use the K1 with stock launcher, and make one or two tweets, it becomes buttery smooth, well that's my experience anyway.
    That's great if I have a bagel.....................LOL...Just kidding WooF!
    knightfall likes this.
    06-18-17 05:02 PM
    Yep, it does work!
    06-18-17 05:19 PM
    Tried both the BlackBerry launcher and Nova. Think Nova is more elegant, well designed. A keeper.
    06-18-17 05:30 PM
    Tried both the BlackBerry launcher and Nova. Think Nova is more elegant, well designed. A keeper.
    If I switch, just to try Nova, but then let's say I want to go back to the BlackBerry launcher, will there be any changes to what I originally had everything set to?
    06-18-17 05:59 PM
43 12