Just curious if anyone enabled this and has tried it. If so, how responsive is it?
    09-28-17 11:25 AM
    My wife started using it after she did a bunch of work that wore her thumbprints off. It recognizes her with or without glasses but doesn't know me.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-28-17 12:12 PM
    Just curious if anyone enabled this and has tried it. If so, how responsive is it?
    Ironically, i started using it after the stupid Apple "Face ID" nonsense. I knew i would have a few friends want to tell me all about how innovative Apple is, so I set it up to have ready to demo haha.

It actually works pretty well, but i don't feel like it actually saves me any time. The problem is that after it detects your face, and unlocks the phone (which you can tell by looking at the lock icon at the bottom of the screen), you still have to swipe up to get to the homescreen. It would be much more convenient if it just took you right there.

Also, just as an FYI for people who want to know - If the phone is locked and you turn on the screen, you can hit the little icon at the bottom to hard-lock the phone, which will only allow it to be unlocked with a password. Not that i really have a reason to need this, i like the added layer of security if you want to quickly override the ability to unlock with your face.
    09-28-17 12:36 PM
    how do u test it works?
    09-28-17 12:38 PM
    Ironically, i started using it after the stupid Apple "Face ID" nonsense. I knew i would have a few friends want to tell me all about how innovative Apple is, so I set it up to have ready to demo haha.

It actually works pretty well, but i don't feel like it actually saves me any time. The problem is that after it detects your face, and unlocks the phone (which you can tell by looking at the lock icon at the bottom of the screen), you still have to swipe up to get to the homescreen. It would be much more convenient if it just took you right there.

Also, just as an FYI for people who want to know - If the phone is locked and you turn on the screen, you can hit the little icon at the bottom to hard-lock the phone, which will only allow it to be unlocked with a password. Not that i really have a reason to need this, i like the added layer of security if you want to quickly override the ability to unlock with your face.
    Apple's Face ID also works the same way. Need to swipe up to get to homescreen. Should be able to go directly there. Something must happen in the code that either prevents it or whatever.
    09-28-17 12:47 PM
    I think it is like that by design.
    09-28-17 12:59 PM
    Will face detection work even if you have a fingerprint password set up?
    09-28-17 03:39 PM
    Will face detection work even if you have a fingerprint password set up?
    Yes...the only time it won't work is when you manually lock it which requires your fingerprint or password.

Otherwise...face recognition works quite well.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    09-28-17 05:26 PM
    which app did you use?
    09-28-17 06:41 PM
    which app did you use?
    It's built in, go to settings, security and then smart lock. The option for face recognition is there. I'll be trying it out later.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-28-17 06:52 PM
    It's built in, go to settings, security and then smart lock. The option for face recognition is there. I'll be trying it out later.
    I would be interested in your impressions. Any idea if it works with 3rd party apps? What kind of scowl will foil the cops forcing you to look?
    09-28-17 07:19 PM
    Wow...Had no clue this was a build in.
    Thanks
    09-28-17 08:27 PM
    Apple's Face ID also works the same way. Need to swipe up to get to homescreen. Should be able to go directly there. Something must happen in the code that either prevents it or whatever.
    Yeah, you could definitely be right.
    09-28-17 08:35 PM
    I also did not know this was built in! Works well.
    09-28-17 08:58 PM
    Face ID is different. The face unlock on android has been fooled before with photo of the person. See if it has improved any bit.

Face unlock or whatever we want to call it, has been on Android for years. It's that it was insecure.
    09-28-17 09:12 PM
    Has anyone tried a picture to see if it will fool the KEYᴼᴺᴱ?
    09-28-17 09:17 PM
    I cannot get this feature to work. Phone never unlocks.
    09-29-17 06:51 AM
    Wow...Had no clue this was a build in.
    Thanks
    Me neither!
    09-29-17 06:58 AM
    How are you guys doing this? I'm staring at my locked screen, put my face in several times, nothing. By 'locked' you mean 'off' correct?
    09-29-17 12:45 PM
    How are you guys doing this? I'm staring at my locked screen, put my face in several times, nothing. By 'locked' you mean 'off' correct?
    Double tap screen first.

09-29-17 01:04 PM
    Double tap screen first.

Double tapping unlocks the phone. Isn't that what this feature is supposed to do?
    09-29-17 02:03 PM
    Double tapping unlocks the phone. Isn't that what this feature is supposed to do?
    Double tap doesn't unlock it if it's password locked, just wakes it to show the time and notifications if you have it set that way. So with face detection it acts almost as though you don't have it password locked. That's all. AFAIK.

09-29-17 03:07 PM
    mine says disabled by Administrator?
    how to stop this?
    09-29-17 03:57 PM
    mine says disabled by Administrator?
    how to stop this?
    Do you use your work email account on your device? If so, that's probably why. The company can enforce some security guidelines on your device when you connect to Exchange. Same for me since I've added my work account.
    09-29-17 04:05 PM
    Double tap doesn't unlock it if it's password locked, just wakes it to show the time and notifications if you have it set that way. So with face detection it acts almost as though you don't have it password locked. That's all. AFAIK.

I don't password lock, so I guess this feature is useless for me.
    09-29-17 06:50 PM
42 12