07-16-18 04:43 AM
98 ... 234
tools
    You're free to switch carriers, maybe that will make the other carriers more consumer friendly... But they'll never change their ways as long as the monthly revenue is still coming in.
    Unfortunately, T-Mobile coverage is still not good enough from where I live to where I travel for business. It’s been getting better. I suspect by time Sprint merger completes, I might be able to switch over.
    06-14-18 04:48 PM
    it's a lot of $$$$ just to replace my 1 year old K1, the specs not much different than what I have know. My phone just works fine for what I need and do,
    06-14-18 05:15 PM
    No for me. Although I like what I've seen and read of the K2, for the past year my K1 has served my needs well. I like the battery life, the camera, the pkb, call quality, signal strength and no real operational or software issues so far except for an annoying quirk that pops up ever so often, that being when I'm deleting a word by pkb gesture (left swipe) I'll get no response on the first swipe.

It's very intermittent but when it happens it will usually happen more than once during the same period, then no recurrence for several days. Weird.

Nevertheless, I'm good with my K1 for now.
    06-14-18 10:26 PM
    Just got my Keyone a month ago. I am very happy with it. Traditionally I keep my phones for three years before getting another phone, with the exception of the Z10 and the 9780. Both those phones ended up being poor quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 01:06 AM
    I keep refreshing the page to see where and when I can order. I'm ready to buy, and I've decided on black (although the silver is nice). I have a problem, but I've learned to accept it. I'll keep the KEYone as my backup phone.
    curlybeanla likes this.
    06-15-18 05:42 AM
    I was originally excited and ready for the pre-order. Now I think I might just hold off. 6gb of ram is nice and the only real reason for me to upgrade from my less than 1 year old K1 silver.

Was looking for AMOLED screen, maybe slightly larger display too.

I don't game on my phone. mostly messaging, reading, and consuming video.
    06-23-18 08:39 PM
    I'm going to hold off as a personal boycott because I'm so disapointed they added a key -- one that's nice and flat and square, no less -- and didn't make it capacitive and provide an option in user settings to make it into a trackpad for text editing. I still curse out loud a few times a week trying to use the touch keyboard to do text editing and having it behave with a mind of its own because, well, it's a keyboard that's trying to do way too many things and it just can't do basic text editing like a trackpad can -- or, uh, rather, like a trackpad used to be able to do. What were they thinking adding this key and not offering that user option in the process? I truly do not get it. What am I missing? I know everyone has different usage priorities but surely text editing is a pretty common need, right? Surely they could have implemented that option without much extra trouble.
    07-01-18 11:01 PM
    Not soon, i use phones at least 2-3 years, and i don't see too much advantages of key2 for my needs.
    Key1 Silver is decent phone, i type fast on it, fluid system, ok camera...
    07-02-18 02:54 AM
    I might eventually. I’d like to see it first. Play with it.

But, my KeyOne is flawless.

I was experiencing some lag, but resolved via;

Power Center / Manage Automatic Apps <— Turn off many of them.

Not feeling a strong pull to upgrade.
    07-02-18 06:12 AM
    I'm going to hold off as a personal boycott because I'm so disapointed they added a key -- one that's nice and flat and square, no less -- and didn't make it capacitive and provide an option in user settings to make it into a trackpad for text editing. I still curse out loud a few times a week trying to use the touch keyboard to do text editing and having it behave with a mind of its own because, well, it's a keyboard that's trying to do way too many things and it just can't do basic text editing like a trackpad can -- or, uh, rather, like a trackpad used to be able to do. What were they thinking adding this key and not offering that user option in the process? I truly do not get it. What am I missing? I know everyone has different usage priorities but surely text editing is a pretty common need, right? Surely they could have implemented that option without much extra trouble.
    I understand your concern but I personally wouldn't pass on the KEY2 just because of that. Optical trackpads like the Bolds/Curves/Classic are gone and probably not coming back. capacitive keyboard used as a trackpad is more a hit or miss I agree, but better than nothing, at least the option is there. KEY2 will still get you closer to the BB experience than any other phone
    07-02-18 06:47 AM
    For text editing:

In a text field (obviously) > tap the 4th button above the back/home/recent apps buttons (looks like AB|C) > tap the arrow, or drag the center "joystick" in the direction you need to go. You can tap the bottom-left button to toggle the text highlighting feature.
    07-02-18 12:28 PM
    For text editing:

In a text field (obviously) > tap the 4th button above the back/home/recent apps buttons (looks like AB|C) > tap the arrow, or drag the center "joystick" in the direction you need to go. You can tap the bottom-left button to toggle the text highlighting feature.
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm very well versed in all the alternatives by now, and for me none is even remotely in the same galaxy as having a dedicated trackpad. (I'm guessing that most busy professionals who do any amount of text editing and have plenty of experience with a Classic or predecessor would agree.)
    07-02-18 02:25 PM
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm very well versed in all the alternatives by now, and for me none is even remotely in the same galaxy as having a dedicated trackpad. (I'm guessing that most busy professionals who do any amount of text editing and have plenty of experience with a Classic or predecessor would agree.)
    No doubt. A track pad will always be faster because it's readily available at all times. You don't have to press any buttons to activate it.

Personally, I don't like that there's capacitive keys. That's valuable real estate that could be used for a longer screen to eliminate the black bars on videos, or in your case, a track pad.

Android phones have had trackballs before, and they worked as expected. It's not something that's impossible to implement.
    07-02-18 02:35 PM
    Only if it will support CDMA for Verizon.
    07-02-18 02:36 PM
    Maybe.. Soon as the KEY3 is announced. I usually stay about a generation or so behind.

Just got my KEYone 4/64 Limited about 2 months ago to replace my PRIV.
    07-03-18 11:09 AM
    I have been using a KEYone black edition with no problems really. I feel like the K1 keys being smaller means that there would be less thumb travel distance between keys versus the Key2, thus faster typing on the K1?
    07-03-18 11:34 PM
    I won't. the only thing I think is better for me, is the matte keyboard. That dual camera stuff is something I can live without. I'll wait for a Key3 with Android P and without the capacitive navigation buttons.
    I wish I could wait that long. I would prefer to wait til the KEY3 but I will definitely need a new device by then. My only PKB device I stil have is a classic and it's on its last leg. I like my pixel 2xl but really miss my keyboard. Classic is basically a texting and emailing device now. The only gripes I have with the KEY2 are those damn capacitive nav keys and the dim lcd panel. I just want to go back to AMOLED contrast. Is that so wrong!?!?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-18 08:36 PM
    Just broke down and ordered a Key2 as a replacement for my silver KeyONE. Reason: performance boost. KeyONE can't quite keep up all the time, otherwise, nearly perfect device.
    07-14-18 08:17 AM
    Personally, I don't like that there's capacitive keys. That's valuable real estate that could be used for a longer screen to eliminate the black bars on videos, or in your case, a track pad..
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why would you get a phone with a PKB if you want the keyboard space for video's? There are many phones on the market without a PKB, so why be unhappy with one taking up video space???
    07-15-18 09:49 PM
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why would you get a phone with a PKB if you want the keyboard space for video's? There are many phones on the market without a PKB, so why be unhappy with one taking up video space???
    Capacitive keys are not physical buttons. They're touch buttons. The Back, Home, and Recent Apps keys are the capacitive keys. Removing those and opting for a longer screen with on-screen Back, Home, and Recent Apps keys could eliminate the black bars at the top and bottom of videos. Almost every modern Android phone has done away with the capacitive keys.
    07-16-18 01:05 AM
    Few months back, I would've said I'll definitely switch to the Key 2, but now I have decided to move away from BB and bought a smartphone from another brand. I sort of miss the PKB, but after a year with a meanwhile seriously slowed-down KeyOne, everything on the new device feels buttery smooth, and I found GBoard to be a really usable software keyboard.

Why I decided NOT to switch and make the jump instead:

* I'm highly disappointed in the handling of the Oreo update and the communication, i.e. the lack thereof, in that regard. I was hoping TCL would handle all of that better than BB, but it shows that they don't.

* As I said, the KeyOne got painfully slow over the last couple months. I was planning to set it up fresh with Oreo, which is still not here. And I won't go through the pain to set up everything fresh on Nougat and then again on Oreo.

* I had tons of WiFi-problems with my device. Very often, the device suddenly lost internet connection while still being connected to WiFi, which lead to delayed or missed VoIP calls, emails and WhatsApp messages. It's a mistery that the BB detects that it doesn't have internet connection (with the little X on the WiFi-symbol), but doesn't fall back to cellular at least. Months of udpates in, this problem has still not been fixed.

* Key 2 asking price is ridiculous. If you charge premium prices for non-premium hardware, you better provide great service at least. Given my reasons above, what BB and/or TCL provide is far from that.

* Reports of Key 2 camera being worse than KeyOne. The KeyOne camera for me already was a tough compromise to swallow, and I expected much improvement in that field with the Key 2.

I'm quite sad to leave, initially I liked the KeyOne a lot -- despite it being far from perfect . But offering hardly any improvements in the successor while raising the asking price is not a great strategy.
    07-16-18 04:23 AM
    nope

The only reason I can think of is if my key one work to break unexpectedly stop being the self same reason why I bought the key one because my proof became unusable because of USB death
    07-16-18 04:31 AM
    No. A phone should last atleast 2 or 3 years, unless you can get it sold at a reasonable price. I'm happy with my keyone and love the typing experience and overall feel of the phone. will wait for a key3/key4.
    07-16-18 04:43 AM
98 ... 234