I'm a definite maybe. I like the new keyboard, specs, camera, and overall appearance. With all the social media apps, K1 is slow, and I think the ram will help. Also, I have pretty much used the 32g, so more internal storage would be good.
    06-09-18 07:58 AM
    My love for phones with keyboard started with Passport, a phone by then stumbling BlackBerry but a great phone non the less.
    I dont know how to type on those typicial glass slabs so that should make me their (BB) target customer. Its sad to think that I am not privy to critique those ,IMO, bad quality phones from Alcatel (TCL) and demand a much better product consistent with BlackBerry phones of old times. Especially for that ridiculously high price.
    I bought the Keyone only to discover the phone has so many faults: bad call quality, bad bluetooth, poor wifi range, poor signal strenght, laggy and unpolished OS, bad build quality, very poor camera software ... Its not acceptable and I demand a better product.
    You’re not target customer of the Key2. I thought statement was obvious since we’re in a Key2 thread. I own the KEYone too. Haven’t really had anywhere near to your level of combined problems. Some of your problems sound carrier related. Nevertheless, the old BlackBerry is dead, the OS is dead. We have what’s in front of us. If not for you, then you’re not target customer anymore. Find a better PKB device that meets your needs.
    06-09-18 08:57 AM
    My love for phones with keyboard started with Passport, a phone by then stumbling BlackBerry but a great phone non the less.
    I dont know how to type on those typicial glass slabs so that should make me their (BB) target customer. Its sad to think that I am not privy to critique those ,IMO, bad quality phones from Alcatel (TCL) and demand a much better product consistent with BlackBerry phones of old times. Especially for that ridiculously high price.
    I bought the Keyone only to discover the phone has so many faults: bad call quality, bad bluetooth, poor wifi range, poor signal strenght, laggy and unpolished OS, bad build quality, very poor camera software ... Its not acceptable and I demand a better product.
    All the faults you've found with your KEYᵒⁿᵉ I have found none of those on mine. In fact quite opposite. Not much else to wite except I love my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and haven't ever regretted buying it.
    Nels likes this.
    06-09-18 09:19 AM
    I've seen one or two comments that it uses the KeyOne screen panel. Is this true? I thought it was flatter or did they just build the frame up to surround it?
    06-09-18 09:27 AM
    Not me, maybe unless my KeyOne bites the dust. I really love the keyboard on my KeyOne, I think I would really miss my right-ctrl key being where it is. And I like my silver frets.

Also not really sure why folks are so jazzed about the matte keys, I rather like these glossy ones. And I like the power button on the left side.

I do like the improved specs, but hoping the Oreo update will fix some of the software-related performance issues the keyone has been experiencing lately.
    06-09-18 10:22 AM
    I'm waiting for the L1 to be released in 2025,
    06-09-18 10:43 AM
    I'm waiting for the L1 to be released in 2025,
    Its slated for earlier release now. Last I heard 2024
    06-09-18 11:08 AM
    Its slated for earlier release now. Last I heard 2024
    I hear it will only have Android U even though V will already be in Beta and Google 9 will be running V later in the year.
    06-09-18 01:22 PM
    Nah, I am sticking with the Keyone for now. It suits my needs perfectly.

I would consider a Key2 if it came down to a more reasonable price around $400
    06-09-18 07:01 PM
    Nah, I am sticking with the Keyone for now. It suits my needs perfectly.

I would consider a Key2 if it came down to a more reasonable price around $400
    That make no sense because that’s less than KEYone and the Key2 has more expensive components.
    06-09-18 08:26 PM
    That make no sense because that’s less than KEYone and the Key2 has more expensive components.
    Well I did pick up a Motion for $285 which was released at $600. So here is hoping it will get cheaper. Even $500 would be reasonable.
    06-09-18 08:30 PM
    Performance is my main issue with my K1. The K2 looks to improve on that with the better chip, more RAM together with Oreo it should definitely be an improved device. If you have no issues with your K1 then don't upgrade.
    06-09-18 09:00 PM
    Key2 looks gorgeous but expenses are rising for me everywhere so must resist. I plan to use keyone till it breaks
    06-11-18 04:45 AM
    Passing on that one, just for a little specs bump and still bad audio speaker and silly navigation bar...the whole at extra cost lol

Let's hope for true improvements for K3! ;p
    06-11-18 07:20 AM
    I wanted to, but not since the price was announced. Still a mid-spec phone for a top-tier price. Even the OnePlus 6, which has a top-tier CPU and 8GB of RAM, is cheaper by as much as $70.00.

Had it stayed at the $549, it'd be a lot more competitive. I'd drop 2GB of RAM and a better processor for a hardware keyboard if it was at least similarly priced as a OnePlus 6.
    06-11-18 03:37 PM
    Three time K1 owner here. Returned/lost/rebought.

Collecting my credit card rewards points and timing an Amazon out of state seller with an open box K2

Target: < $450 64gb, <$550 128gb
    06-12-18 02:57 AM
    I don't plan any change and will stick to my KEYone SE for the moment for many reasons.
    Main one is : I'm not affected by the lags some have after one year of use. I bet all-in-one toolbox is partly a reason for this miracle.

Other ones : I have done some other investments recently. So money is a bit tight and generally I only change of smartphone when the current one is getting useless.

I prefer smaller keys (i type faster on them . Blame the nokia e72 for that, i'm used to small keys).

I don't like the new look of the keyboard and i find the overall look too bulky.

Matter of taste.
    06-12-18 06:04 AM
    I will not be spending $689 usd with tax on this phone. It's way overpriced by $100. Say what you want. If and when it comes down to $549 I will consider it.
    06-12-18 07:41 AM
    it depends on what carrier will allow unlocked phones to be used on their network. seems like none of the US carriers are confirmed to carry the phone or allow unlocked phones- so what are our options her in the US?
    06-14-18 09:31 AM
    nope! no point really. I have 4GB ram which runs smooooooth. zero lag. no point upgrading yet. if it was waterproof maybe
    06-14-18 11:03 AM
    it depends on what carrier will allow unlocked phones to be used on their network. seems like none of the US carriers are confirmed to carry the phone or allow unlocked phones- so what are our options her in the US?
    I have an unlocked K1 and it runs just fine on TMO here in the US. Why would the K2 be any different?
    Soapm likes this.
    06-14-18 11:33 AM
    I have an unlocked K1 and it runs just fine on TMO here in the US. Why would the K2 be any different?
    Those of us that rely on AT&T or Verizon, don’t get enhanced calling features like on T-MOBILE.
    06-14-18 12:06 PM
    Unlocked phones will work on US carriers. You just need to make sure that the phone you buy will work on that carrier. For example, the CDMA K1 will not get LTE on AT&T's GSM network. You also need to understand that non-carrier branded phones or factory unlocked phones may not get advanced calling features such as VoLTE, WiFi Calling, or Visual Voicemail.

I have successfully used unlocked phones on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and their MVNO's. I have not used Sprint with an unlocked device.
    06-14-18 12:09 PM
    Those of us that rely on AT&T or Verizon, don’t get enhanced calling features like on T-MOBILE.
    You're free to switch carriers, maybe that will make the other carriers more consumer friendly... But they'll never change their ways as long as the monthly revenue is still coming in.
    06-14-18 04:06 PM
    I won't get it right away. waiting for a red version, or a tear apart video so I can buy a black one and paint it red in my spray booth.
    06-14-18 04:31 PM
98 1234