Not sure I can justify the 40% price premium. I suspect I might be buying a BE KeyOne tomorrow
    06-07-18 04:02 PM
    Quite happy to keep my $$$ in my pocket.
    06-07-18 05:46 PM
    Not me! Beautiful phone, good specs, but the price is not right to make me leave my passport!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-18 06:49 PM
    How much can we get for a keyone today? Anyone tried to sell one? (seeing around $300 on craigslist).
    Then think if K2 is worth the difference
    06-07-18 07:25 PM
    not there yet. not enough improved for me to really care.
    06-07-18 08:09 PM
    Waiting for my KEYone fail on me
    06-07-18 08:12 PM
    300€ extra are not worth the upgrade for me. got my Black Edition for 349€ new
    06-07-18 11:10 PM
    Anyone thinking of switching to the KEY2?-key-3.png

I 'm waiting and hope a key 3 with small form factor but same keyboard and screen as key 2.
    06-08-18 03:28 AM
    I'm waiting for KEY5 with mind-predictive typing, bulletproof, acidproof, ois dual camera with 1.2 aperture and 12-70mm lens on main camera and 70-200mm on secondary camera, 7.1 dolby surrond, 16k display, one year standby battery..
    FF22 and the_boon like this.
    06-08-18 07:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Key 3.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	436728

I 'm waiting and hope a key 3 with small form factor but same keyboard and screen as key 2.
    You’re waiting for the KEYnever
    06-08-18 07:27 AM
    why we don't need bar bouton navigation, and with android p we have some new gesture.
    06-08-18 08:09 AM
    I'm waiting for KEY5 with mind-predictive typing, bulletproof, acidproof, ois dual camera with 1.2 aperture and 12-70mm lens on main camera and 70-200mm on secondary camera, 7.1 dolby surrond, 16k display, one year standby battery..
    You left out the Star Trek Tricorder! I will not even consider it unless the Tricorder is included!
    Adi Marwan likes this.
    06-08-18 10:53 AM
    It is Alcatel people, not BlackBerry. junk. They can't even make it water resistant. in 2018.
    06-08-18 12:52 PM
    It is Alcatel people, not BlackBerry. junk. They can't even make it water resistant. in 2018.
    Sure they could. Just people would complain about the higher price. They’re not a charity. If you don’t like what they’ve made, you’re not target customer. They’re making a single device for the largest probable number of profitable sales. Like how Ford is going to almost complete truck line. Companies have learned to do what they’re best at. It must be profitable. If not, shut it down.
    06-08-18 02:09 PM
    BTW I still have that extra comped KEY² you never picked up yesterday that I am trying to get rid of.

Anyone interested?
    06-08-18 02:15 PM
    BTW I still have that extra comped KEY² you never picked up yesterday that I am trying to get rid of.

Anyone interested?
    LOL. Sure just drop in the mail to me.
    06-08-18 03:25 PM
    You left out the Star Trek Tricorder! I will not even consider it unless the Tricorder is included!
    Skip key5, wait for key7 buddy.. It's coming to key7!!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-18 04:50 PM
    Skip key5, wait for key7 buddy.. It's coming to key7!!
    Oh, the Second Coming is not sufficient. I have to wait for the Seventh Coming!
    06-08-18 08:14 PM
    Still going strong with the Keyone BE. Depending on what their next color is I may take the plundge.
    06-08-18 09:29 PM
    Sure they could. Just people would complain about the higher price. They’re not a charity. If you don’t like what they’ve made, you’re not target customer. They’re making a single device for the largest probable number of profitable sales. Like how Ford is going to almost complete truck line. Companies have learned to do what they’re best at. It must be profitable. If not, shut it down.
    But they charge it so high anyway. For what? Terrible quality. My keyone's back cover has detached itself. I expect best quality from this expensive device.
    And with Key2 they went even higher with the price. For a device with the same screen size (recycling from the unsold Key1??). Terrible.
    06-09-18 04:44 AM
    But they charge it so high anyway. For what? Terrible quality. My keyone's back cover has detached itself. I expect best quality from this expensive device.
    And with Key2 they went even higher with the price. For a device with the same screen size (recycling from the unsold Key1??). Terrible.
    If it came to light that for tcl/blackberry to be profitable this year in order to continue to build successor phones, that they had to use the same panels from the first gen, would you then be OK with it?

Or do you want fresh new specs and hardware with every iteration?

That was never what blackberry hardware was about. And i gotta disagree with saying the keyone was expensive.. maybe if you paid the early adopter price when you got it...
    06-09-18 05:26 AM
    You’re not target customer.
    06-09-18 06:32 AM
    You’re not target customer.
    My love for phones with keyboard started with Passport, a phone by then stumbling BlackBerry but a great phone non the less.
    I dont know how to type on those typicial glass slabs so that should make me their (BB) target customer. Its sad to think that I am not privy to critique those ,IMO, bad quality phones from Alcatel (TCL) and demand a much better product consistent with BlackBerry phones of old times. Especially for that ridiculously high price.
    I bought the Keyone only to discover the phone has so many faults: bad call quality, bad bluetooth, poor wifi range, poor signal strenght, laggy and unpolished OS, bad build quality, very poor camera software ... Its not acceptable and I demand a better product.
    06-09-18 06:41 AM
    I was at the NYC event last night. The Key2 felt great and the feel and use of the PKB for me was like using my Passport and Bold 9900. I loved it and my only problem now is whether to go with the silver or black. Problem with the black is that most phones are that color, so I feel it doesn't stand out as much.

I am still at a loss for which color to chose when I pre-order this.

Typing this from my ridiculously small PRIV keyboard that I still love.
    Mrs Teapot and the_boon like this.
    06-09-18 07:14 AM
    I have written many times that unless the Key² offers substantial improvements over my KEYᵒⁿᵉ I will pass. In the 3-4 years I bought the Passport, my wife a PRIV and then the Motion, and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ for myself. So I must have spent close to $2,000.00 on phones. Not a slight hit to the wallet.
    That being written, after reading and watching hands-on reviews of the Key² and the remarks about the keyboard, I am reconsidering my position on this.
    Since I use my phone for work and belt out a lot of emails along with replies the keyboard improvements (key size and matte surfacing) looks promising. Anything to make it easier for all the typing I do.
    I can't say I'm impressed with implementation of the special key, I would prefer to just be able to tap it, not hold it down, to use its features. Perhaps a future update could change that.
    All in all it is a phone that might change my mind.
    06-09-18 07:43 AM
98 1234